follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 08-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
Account Attempt No. 4

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rally sport direct/ APR BRZ CF Lip

Kind of peeved at Rally Sport Direct, they gave me a quote for an APR BRZ front lip, and then when I try to purchase it, they say that its 'on the list of products' that they 'cannot bring in from APR'.

Now I have the skirts, rear skirts, and rear diffuser (purchased from another member).... But no lip.

I should add that Rally Sport Direct had by far the best price when they quoted me, and their customer service had been great. I just wish they would had figured out what was on/off their lists sooner!
No it's not. - Yes it is. - It'll make 400 whp. - No, it'll only make 200 whp and break down all the time. - Oil temperatures!! - This will never happen. - But the other kit. - Turbo is better. - No, supercharger is better. - Rotrex sucks. - You suck. - Perrin said. - But Visconti said.
Account Attempt No. 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Account Attempt No. 4 View Post
Kind of peeved at Rally Sport Direct, they gave me a quote for an APR BRZ front lip, and then when I try to purchase it, they say that its 'on the list of products' that they 'cannot bring in from APR'.

Now I have the skirts, rear skirts, and rear diffuser (purchased from another member).... But no lip.

I should add that Rally Sport Direct had by far the best price when they quoted me, and their customer service had been great. I just wish they would had figured out what was on/off their lists sooner!
I wonder if that is the case because it doesn't fit and customers have kept returning them? @RallySport Direct
Old 08-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
Account Attempt No. 4

Shouldn't be. They were the ones who told me there was a difference between the FRS lip and the BRZ lip, then confirmed the product number they quoted was for the BRZ. And for a $700 CF lip, there should be no fitment problems otherwise. I've only heard good things about APR

It just seems strange that they would say "yes, we can get you this", and then when I say, "Please take my money", they say "oops sorry jk" lol

I'll still buy from them in the future, I'm just going to make damn sure they know if they can get it first from now on.
No it's not. - Yes it is. - It'll make 400 whp. - No, it'll only make 200 whp and break down all the time. - Oil temperatures!! - This will never happen. - But the other kit. - Turbo is better. - No, supercharger is better. - Rotrex sucks. - You suck. - Perrin said. - But Visconti said.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
RallySport Direct

Drives: 2014 Widebody Cosworth FR-S
Thanked 1,198 Times in 554 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Thanks for posting this up, and I do apologize for the confusion. There are certain items we do not feel comfortable shipping due to them being prone to damage in shipping, and unfortunately this is one of those items. In this situation the sales rep you spoke to was not aware this part fell into that category. Now with that said, we are happy to honor the quote for you, however if the item is damaged in transit it is likely that UPS will deny the claim for the damaged item. It has happened more than we would have like to have seen in the past, and would hate to have that happen to you, but if you are willing to take that risk, we are happy to move forward with the order.

I sincerely apologize as I know how excited you must have been to agree on a price, and then have the deal fall through on our end. To make up for the frustration, I would like to send you a free Hat and T-shirt, just PM me your size in both and we can get them sent out to you.

Thanks,
Rick
RallySport Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RallySport Direct For This Useful Post:
Account Attempt No. 4 (08-22-2014), Frs300 (08-22-2014), Hanakuso (08-28-2014), midnight23 (08-22-2014), YMAA (08-22-2014)
Old 08-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #5
Account Attempt No. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySport Direct View Post
Thanks for posting this up, and I do apologize for the confusion. There are certain items we do not feel comfortable shipping due to them being prone to damage in shipping, and unfortunately this is one of those items. In this situation the sales rep you spoke to was not aware this part fell into that category. Now with that said, we are happy to honor the quote for you, however if the item is damaged in transit it is likely that UPS will deny the claim for the damaged item. It has happened more than we would have like to have seen in the past, and would hate to have that happen to you, but if you are willing to take that risk, we are happy to move forward with the order.

I sincerely apologize as I know how excited you must have been to agree on a price, and then have the deal fall through on our end. To make up for the frustration, I would like to send you a free Hat and T-shirt, just PM me your size in both and we can get them sent out to you.

Thanks,
Rick
That makes sense, I wish the sales rep would have told me in the email what you just did, but thanks very much for clearing it up.

As I said everyone.. Really great customer service.
I've dealt with them a few times before and have been very happy with their professionalism, and this just goes to show it.

Thanks Rick