follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 11-11-2016, 07:41 AM   #15
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Drives: 15' LTD Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB-BRZ View Post
Hmm okay thanks. Is the dezod exhaust loud?
I want something that is loud and deep. I know i can spend money on UEL headers but i want to try and just get a cat back.
If you lookup some videos on the GReddy and Dezod. You will notice most videos for the GReddy the car has some sort of other exhaust work done to it.. I fell for this when I researched all of this. There is a video on you tube where he does a sound test with just the GReddy. It's mainly engine noise. Also, hearing that some people (Not all) on these forums thought it was going to be louder and were slightly dissapointed. So if you plan on not being "noticeably" loud until you get a header and maybe future plans of turbo, as it is 3" piping the whole way, I would go with GReddy.

The Dezod is loud enough for it just being a cat-back. and yes, people WILL look when you drive by. I have had the exhaust for about 9 months. I can tell you that the exhuast felt better every month. I am ironically, installing the Borla UEL header today and I cannot wait to hear that dominating sound.

I know it's a hard decision. I spent 2 months of researching for an exhaust, but I made the right choice for me. Just gotta find the right choice for you.

Instagram: 86_Maul
ShadowReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:51 AM   #16
RB-BRZ

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowReaper View Post
If you lookup some videos on the GReddy and Dezod. You will notice most videos for the GReddy the car has some sort of other exhaust work done to it.. I fell for this when I researched all of this. There is a video on you tube where he does a sound test with just the GReddy. It's mainly engine noise. Also, hearing that some people (Not all) on these forums thought it was going to be louder and were slightly dissapointed. So if you plan on not being "noticeably" loud until you get a header and maybe future plans of turbo, as it is 3" piping the whole way, I would go with GReddy.

The Dezod is loud enough for it just being a cat-back. and yes, people WILL look when you drive by. I have had the exhaust for about 9 months. I can tell you that the exhuast felt better every month. I am ironically, installing the Borla UEL header today and I cannot wait to hear that dominating sound.

I know it's a hard decision. I spent 2 months of researching for an exhaust, but I made the right choice for me. Just gotta find the right choice for you.
Yes I've found that most videos either have some sort of front pipe or header installed. I have seen that sound test video already. I'm not planning to go turbo anytime soon.

I've also been researching for a while too, it's so hard trying to get a feel for the tone of an exhaust through a video. I might stick with the N1 as I think I might be disappointed by the Greddy not being loud. Thanks for your help it was very helpful I appreciate it!
Old 11-11-2016, 09:06 AM   #17
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Drives: 15' LTD Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB-BRZ View Post
Yes I've found that most videos either have some sort of front pipe or header installed. I have seen that sound test video already. I'm not planning to go turbo anytime soon.

I've also been researching for a while too, it's so hard trying to get a feel for the tone of an exhaust through a video. I might stick with the N1 as I think I might be disappointed by the Greddy not being loud. Thanks for your help it was very helpful I appreciate it!
No problem man. N1 will not disappoint you either.

Instagram: 86_Maul
ShadowReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowReaper For This Useful Post:
RB-BRZ (11-12-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 10:29 AM   #18
Songha

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
My N1 started off deep alone until I went full catless. Next came an invidia catless frontpipe. That made it throaty. Then the rest's like he said throaty and loud. It's on the ridiculous side. I prefer the deeper tone as well but I love the loud throat in essence of my setup so I'm set for now.

A bolt came loose on my OP from the uel headers disconnecting it from my exhaust. Now that sound was insane.
2013 Scion FR-S | 6-MT | Raven Black | Performance Mods: Invidia N1 Catback, Invidia Catless Frontpipe, BC Racing Extreme Lows Coilovers, 1320 Performance UEL Catless Headers, 1320 Performance Overpipe, OpenFlash Tablet (Stage 2 UEL, 93 Oct. tune), Whiteline Front Swaybar, Whitelight Adj. Front Endlinks | Asthetic Mods: DS Style Front Lip, Rocket Bunny style flares, F1R F21s | MY BUILD THREAD!
Songha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Songha For This Useful Post:
RB-BRZ (11-12-2016)
Old 11-12-2016, 11:42 PM   #19
RB-BRZ

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songha View Post
My N1 started off deep alone until I went full catless. Next came an invidia catless frontpipe. That made it throaty. Then the rest's like he said throaty and loud. It's on the ridiculous side. I prefer the deeper tone as well but I love the loud throat in essence of my setup so I'm set for now.

A bolt came loose on my OP from the uel headers disconnecting it from my exhaust. Now that sound was insane.
Thanks!
Old 03-15-2017, 02:06 AM   #20
softgrip

Drives: 2017 BRZ - Dark Grey Metallic
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
So I'm a bit late to the party . Just got the Greddy Evo GT. I'm turbo'd and have 3 inch invidia pipes. Catted front.

The Greddy is deep. Real deep. Like Barry White. Sounds great. It makes me drive more calmly in normal traffic so as not to draw attention, but it howls like a lion when you get on the boost. Omg

Last edited by softgrip; 03-15-2017 at 02:18 AM.
softgrip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxer, exhaust, greddy, invidia n1, rumble