follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2022, 12:02 PM   #15
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
Tune does not affect sound very much if not at all. The only sound it could change is the startup one from cold starts (slightly quieter). Or from having an obnoxious popz n bangz. Other than that, the tune helps the vehicle to make make the most power out of headers and not throw a CEL.

I noticed my idle sounded terrible before I added a tune that and the exhaust note was rougher. After the tune idle and revving sounded a lot smoother. Same thing happened when I went FI and got a new tune exhaust note changed and become much louder.
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 12:18 PM   #16
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,132 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonblt2 View Post
I noticed my idle sounded terrible before I added a tune that and the exhaust note was rougher. After the tune idle and revving sounded a lot smoother. Same thing happened when I went FI and got a new tune exhaust note changed and become much louder.

The tune won't play a big part on drone, raspt, etc. It can somewhat smooth a part of it. But there is very little that could be done to decrease drone, unless he has to seriously de-tune and not let the car go above 4K RPM, but at that point what is the fun in that.

OP's problem is the hardware components which play the bigger part on exhaust flow.

Is like yes it helps, but not really at the same time. Yes in part because tunning helps hand in hand with components to increase flow, which increase throttle response, which in return result on a smooth power band with increased sound due to the increased and improved flow. On FI application I can see like in your case, but in NA, there is very little.

Edit: OP already also installed a tune, which is even a bigger indicator that is not a tune issue, but hardware, with the main culprits being headers/catback, and the lack of resonators on the F.P

Tags
exhaust, front pipe, overpipe, trumpet