follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-07-2016, 01:22 AM   #533
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clott View Post
I just got mine yesterday and did you go into the US 6MT folder for your options? If so you want to match it with the appropriate numbers. For instance mine ends with A00C. So that's the files I have to use. I'm still somewhat of a newb at it, but figured it out based on shivs YouTube vids.

I have a question though, after you flash to stage 1 is the car in open loop mode? Or is that only when swapping between e85?

ECU has two fuelling modes open loop (WOT and hard acceleration) and closed loop (cruising light acceleration and idle)

Closed loop = When fuelling is calculated from inputs from MAF and O2 sensor (generally idle and cruise)
Open loop = Fuelling calculated from MAF sensor and OL Fuelling table targets (Generally Wide open throttle or quick throttle movements)

OFT or Tactrix logs – Fuel system status indications

1= Warmup not up to temp
2=Closed Loop,
4=Open Loop or de-celeration fuel cut
8=Open Loop due to system failure

Simplified explanation Open loop/Closed loop fueling

Usually open loop is used on initial start and during warmup, until the 02 sensor reaches its operating temperature and produces a reliable signal , at which point the ECU switches to closed loop for idle. Warmup mode is Fuel System status =1

Under heavy acceleration or abrupt throttle movement the system will generally go open loop. Fuel system status =4

During cruise and idle it will generally be in Closed Loop mode Status = 2

When the engine is running in closed loop, it is using the signal from the O2 sensor to regulate the AFR in conjunction with the MAF sensor. There is a feedback "loop" between the O2 sensor and ECU so the ECU continuously makes adjustments based on the O2 sensor data.

The correction applied by the ECU due to the O2 sensor input will be in the form of STFT, if the STFT stays negative or positive consistently for a period of time it will be written to LTFT. There are several bands of LTFT based on MAF sensor flow rates (roughly related to engine RPM) where the ECU stores the LTFT. This is a continuous learning process and other offsets and compensations are applied due to IAT, Pressure , coolant temp ect.

In open loop the O2 sensor isn't used and the ECU sets fueling based on stored maps(OL fueling AFR target maps) the MAF sensor input and LTFT trims learned when engine was running in Closed loop mode.

So if you MAF scaling is out of wack you will build up large LTFT when on Closed loop mode these will be stored and then applied as corrections when you go Wide open throttle.(Open loop mode).

maybe read links below on

Flashing RESET Logging and MAF scaling
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #534
Tonypepatone

Drives: 2013 ScionFRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My tablet stopped connecting with my computer, keeps trying to connect with device and doesn't. Re installed software still nothing. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Tonypepatone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tonypepatone For This Useful Post:
MrFisty (05-10-2016)
Old 05-08-2016, 09:25 PM   #535
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonypepatone View Post
My tablet stopped connecting with my computer, keeps trying to connect with device and doesn't. Re installed software still nothing. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Try another computer

OFT doesn't like USB-3 ports (blue inside) try as USB 2/1 port (usually white/black)

Try a new usb cable if you have one

if that fails ring the oft guys
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Tonypepatone (05-09-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 03:41 PM   #536
MrFisty
The Fistiest

Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Isnt OFT supposed to auto update to the newest template? Mine will not.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:16 PM   #537
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamakid View Post
I plugged in my OFT to my computer today. It uploaded a new version of software. Now it's bricked. Will not communicate with anything. I get a "error 0x69 cannot communicate with device" error anytime I try to upload or download...
talk to oft guys their was a bug a while back but was supposed to be fixed
Old 05-16-2016, 09:09 AM   #538
tinma

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Just a quick question. Can OFT read codes off of other cars that are not supported? i.e Suzuki SX4 showing a check engine light and I want to know if I can use OFT to figure the code
tinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:32 PM   #539
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinma View Post
Just a quick question. Can OFT read codes off of other cars that are not supported? i.e Suzuki SX4 showing a check engine light and I want to know if I can use OFT to figure the code
its likely it will only connect to supported cars, wont hurt to try

something like the torque app on an addroid phone will work with a 10 dollar blutooth elm327 adapter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Teseo (05-17-2016), tinma (05-18-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #540
leunglambs

Drives: FRS RS1
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm having trouble reading my stock tune. 2015 FRS bought last July. Made sure ignition was full on without engine running and got an error when trying to read. Turned the car off and tried again after a minute and same thing. Diagnostics work when I run the engine and check real time data though... So idk what's going on... Help? Automatic transmission as well.. And was recently received back from dealership for TSB on the idle issue around 1000rpm.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1463534166174.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  41.1 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1463534169578.jpg
Views: 977
Size:  41.6 KB

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2016, 10:41 PM   #541
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leunglambs View Post
I'm having trouble reading my stock tune. 2015 FRS bought last July. Made sure ignition was full on without engine running and got an error when trying to read. Turned the car off and tried again after a minute and same thing. Diagnostics work when I run the engine and check real time data though... So idk what's going on... Help? Automatic transmission as well.. And was recently received back from dealership for TSB on the idle issue around 1000rpm.

Attachment 137201Attachment 137202

hmmm you seem to be doing everything correct.

assume its was brand new and no chance of an ecutek or brzedit tune in it

In the diagnostics screen or ecu info screen can you read the vehicle VIN number and calibration ID ?

ive seen one case where the dealer did not set the vin in ecu.

also try resetting ecu by turning car off and removing a battery terminal then press brake pedal, leave it for a minute then reconnect battery.

Unfortunatly this will also reset entertainment system setting and may require you to enter the radio security code so make sure you have that.

then try reading the ecu again

oh forgot make sure you have selected toyota and ZN6 as vehicle in the oft screens
Old 05-18-2016, 07:49 AM   #542
leunglambs

Drives: FRS RS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
hmmm you seem to be doing everything correct.

assume its was brand new and no chance of an ecutek or brzedit tune in it

In the diagnostics screen or ecu info screen can you read the vehicle VIN number and calibration ID ?

ive seen one case where the dealer did not set the vin in ecu.

also try resetting ecu by turning car off and removing a battery terminal then press brake pedal, leave it for a minute then reconnect battery.

Unfortunatly this will also reset entertainment system setting and may require you to enter the radio security code so make sure you have that.

then try reading the ecu again

oh forgot make sure you have selected toyota and ZN6 as vehicle in the oft screens
Yupp, cars brand new. Dealership only flashed it recently to fix a TSB on the idle issue.

I can read the VIN and CAL ID with the OFT.

When you mean press the brake pedal, do you mean leave it depressed for a minute or just press it and then leave it alone for a minute? Also, do you know where I can get the radio security code? Is it in the owners manual?

Thanks

Old 05-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #543
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leunglambs View Post
Yupp, cars brand new. Dealership only flashed it recently to fix a TSB on the idle issue.

I can read the VIN and CAL ID with the OFT.

When you mean press the brake pedal, do you mean leave it depressed for a minute or just press it and then leave it alone for a minute? Also, do you know where I can get the radio security code? Is it in the owners manual?

Thanks

yeah just a couple of sconds its just to bleed of any residual power in system

if it still does not work contact the oft guys on phone you might have a faulty unit
Old 05-19-2016, 10:13 AM   #544
tinma

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
its likely it will only connect to supported cars, wont hurt to try

something like the torque app on an addroid phone will work with a 10 dollar blutooth elm327 adapter.

Just to follow up on this. It does not work on cars that are not supported in case anyone else is interested in this.
tinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:03 PM   #545
bababooey

Drives: BRZ SWP Limited -6MT
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
ran into issue updating OFM & newest template on a new machine. WINDOWS 7 pro, downloaded OFM1_25_1 from their site. ran the set up .exe and restarted as prompted. upon restart open OFM and plug in device, it begins the auto update searching for files automatically. it makes it down past the *dev.dll files, then says found new software version click ok to continue. click yes to allow permission to change whatever on the hardrive, at that point it pops an error box saying "access to path C:\OFM.exe is denied.

I have restarted the cpu several times, tried plugging the provided usb cable into two different slots (1 @ front 1 @ back). ive uninstalled OFM, redownloaded the file from the site, all attempts arrive @ the above denial.

i am an existing OFT user having ran the OTS stage 2 tune for about 9 months now with only relevant mod concerning the tune is a CNT header. it was originally loaded up to a windows pc running winXP that I no longer have access to. I wanted to try out the recently released OFH stage 2 tune most everyone is raving about.

the current view of the OFT when plugged into the current cpu notes Hardware version 100 & firmware version 133. and i dont believe my cpu has the newer USB3 plugs. @steve99 any suggestions?

oh and thank you in advance

Last edited by bababooey; 05-19-2016 at 12:05 PM. Reason: thanking the go to
bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:36 PM   #546
Killadelphia

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
ran into issue updating OFM & newest template on a new machine. WINDOWS 7 pro, downloaded OFM1_25_1 from their site. ran the set up .exe and restarted as prompted. upon restart open OFM and plug in device, it begins the auto update searching for files automatically. it makes it down past the *dev.dll files, then says found new software version click ok to continue. click yes to allow permission to change whatever on the hardrive, at that point it pops an error box saying "access to path C:\OFM.exe is denied.

I have restarted the cpu several times, tried plugging the provided usb cable into two different slots (1 @ front 1 @ back). ive uninstalled OFM, redownloaded the file from the site, all attempts arrive @ the above denial.

i am an existing OFT user having ran the OTS stage 2 tune for about 9 months now with only relevant mod concerning the tune is a CNT header. it was originally loaded up to a windows pc running winXP that I no longer have access to. I wanted to try out the recently released OFH stage 2 tune most everyone is raving about.

the current view of the OFT when plugged into the current cpu notes Hardware version 100 & firmware version 133. and i dont believe my cpu has the newer USB3 plugs. @steve99 any suggestions?

oh and thank you in advance
Have you tried running OFM as Administrator?
Killadelphia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Killadelphia For This Useful Post:
steve99 (05-19-2016)