follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #71
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_name View Post
I think the car you're looking for is called a Nissan 370z.
The 3707 has no turbo and weighs 3200lbs. RC + Logic > you?
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #72
meez

Drives: 500HP Econobox RSX
CAN I HAZ?
meez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #73
Matador
hashiryu

This thing just begs to be made into a GT300 car.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #74
Matador
hashiryu

WTF...........wait, does that thing have in a roll cage and racing seats?
Old 01-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #75
Doty0588

Drives: '00 GC6
I like it without the wing, also think it would look better too with hood painted, all but the lil fins on the vents. think that would look sick
Doty0588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #76
PuGZoR
Long time obsessor

Drives: AE86 & depressing SUV
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Jizzed in my pants.
PuGZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #77
Franisco

Drives: D31a
To tell you the truth, don't care for the exterior mods. I just want that turbo engine.
Franisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #78
ddoouugg
Advanced Member

Drives: RSX
The G sports concept

Here is the Edmunds article. I hope it's not a repost. The turbo concept

Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept: Photos, GT5 Trailer from 2010 Tokyo Auto Salon

By Erin Riches | January 15, 2010

Of all the cars at the 2010 Tokyo Auto Salon (Japan's equivalent of the SEMA show), the Toyota FT-86 G Sports is surely getting the most attention. It's just another FT-86 concept, but this time it's turbocharged. Plus, it just looks cool with its white paint, carbon fiber hood and red detailing.
This won't be the last you see of the FT-86 G Sports, either, as Toyota has a co-branding arrangement with Sony, which conveniently released a trailer of the car in Gran Turismo 5 last night. We know you're sick of hearing about terminally delayed GT5, but you're going to want to watch the animated FT-86 sliding around the track nonetheless. That video is after the jump, along with more photos.
Specifications on the Toyota FT-86 G Sports are vague, but the show cars isn't a real car in the driving sense anyway. Here's what we know: It has a turbocharged version of the 2.0-liter boxer-4 engine and a six-speed manual gearbox driving the rear wheels.
We don't know the specification on the turbocharger of uncertain specification (nor the intercooler visible through the front fascia), but it should give the little car a shot at getting out of the hole with its enormous tires -- Bridgestone Potenza RE050s, size 245/40R19 in front and 275/35R19 in back.
And if you could see into the cockpit, you'd spot Recaro seats for the driver and front passenger.
Photos by Christopher Jue
Toyota, GT Planet
IL News: 2010 Tokyo Auto Salon: Toyota FT-86 G Sports
2009 Tokyo Auto Show: Toyota FT-86

The photos below are sourced from Toyota.

link: http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...uto-salon.html
ddoouugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #79
Axel

Drives: '13 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franisco View Post
To tell you the truth, don't care for the exterior mods. I just want that turbo engine.
a BIG +1 for me too!
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #80
Axel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground N Pound View Post
Anyone think that Toyota putting out a tuned performance version of a "concept" signals that the exterior design is pretty much final? Thats what I'm hoping!
I'm not thinking so... I'd wager this body might have been one of the three that Toyota was/is considering for the FT-86. I would also wager that if the Toyota version of the FT-86 looks closer to the current concept, that there is no way the G-sport version will have such different body panels. We're not just talking add-on body-kit pieces here. I'm wondering if Toyota is airing this out to see if more folks like the look of this body than the concept.

I for one, think the front of the G-sport looks much inferior to the concept... or (as is my current favorite) the Option rendering.

The round "cup-edge" looking front & slab wheel-well sides of the g-sport:

the "FT-HS style", curvy front of the concept:

the lean, mean look of the Option render:
Old 01-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #81
RWDJunkie

Drives: P.O.S.
I don't like it. I mean it has some cool elements here and there, but over all it really looks like nothing special. In fact, it doesn't even look like a Toyota anymore. If it was 1) debadged, and 2) I didn't know what it was in the first place... I'd be asking, "Why is Nissan making another rwd coupe?" It's mainly from the front and sides that it resembles the love child of a GTR and a 350Z.

I like the artwork in that magazine (above post). Now that's what I'm walking about.
RWDJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #82
Axel

Toyota launching G Sports Series cars at Tokyo Auto Salon [w/video]

Autoblog
by Jonny Lieberman (RSS feed) on Jan 15th, 2010 at 12:57PM
Toyota FT-86 and Prius G Sports Series - Click above for image gallery

Quote:
Seems like Toyota is doing everything in its power to shake the fuddy-duddy, emotionless appliance image its built for itself over the last fifteen years or so. First came word that ToMoCo's Mr. Toyoda stated the brand needed to get sportier. Next came the very welcome news that along with Subaru, Toyota would be introducing a lightweight, RWD sport coupe (now known to be the FT-86) that would cost about $20,000. Finally, there's the LFA, the $500,000 Lexus, that if the reviews are to be believed, just might be worth every penny.

That's all well and good, but what if you want a sporty Prius?

Meet the G Sports Series. To quote Toyota, the G Sports Series, "is designed for customers who strongly desire to own a unique vehicle, offering them a personalized interior and exterior design along with sports-driving performance." Put another way, Toyota is bringing the aftermarket in-house.

With a total of five vehicles getting the G Sports Series treatment, Toyota is looking to offer customized sportiness to whomever wants it. Only two of the five cars however are U.S. market vehicles: the Prius and the FT-86. The Prius gets one hell of a body kit, including sleek rear-wheel skirts. While far from beautiful, we have to say that we like the G Series Prius much better than the regular one.

But, the real news is the G Sports Series FT-86. Because it's the FT-86 is still officially a "concept" Toyota isn't revealing any hard data beyond RWD, 2.0-liters and six-speed manual. Good enough for us. As far as the G Sports Series version goes, it's a little busy and the rear wing is beyond unnecessary. Still, we're quite excited.

Especially as the front of the FT-86 might just be revealing an intercooler. Which would mean a turbocharger. Or is that just a fancy radiator? Well, you know the Subaru version is going to have an intercooler... Just to add to the speculation, check out the drift-o-rific video...
Old 01-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #83
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Quote:
In fact, it doesn't even look like a Toyota anymore. If it was 1) debadged, and 2) I didn't know what it was in the first place... I'd be asking, "Why is Nissan making another rwd coupe?" It's mainly from the front and sides that it resembles the love child of a GTR and a 350Z
another reason why toyota needs to come out with this car.. to get back in the scene
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #84
Axel

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomRush View Post
another reason why toyota needs to come out with this car.. to get back in the scene
which car? the G-sport version? so they can emulate the Nissan school of styling "scene" ?

feel free...