follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 07-04-2016, 02:26 AM   #1
akiranakayama

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (CBS)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Experience with MooreSport camber plates?

I did a search on the forum but only came up with two threads, both were For Sale threads.

Anyone have any experience with the MooreSport camber plates? When looking around the forum there are lots of usual suspects when it comes to camber plates so I'm familiar with them. But I haven't found anybody posting about their experiences with the MooreSport units. I like the fact that they have discrete adjustments so there is no guesswork and no chance of things getting out of alignment. I'm no expert on camber plates, but I'm guessing a downside is that it doesn't allow for "infinite" adjustment like some of the other "slotted and marked" plates.

I'm not looking to ever get super low with my suspension. Maybe a max of 1" or 1.5" so being able to go low with the camber plates is not an ultimate concern.

Was looking at getting the street version, not their crazy motorsport units.

Street: https://www.rallysportdirect.com/par...t-upper-mounts
2007 Suzuki SV650 (Track bike.)
akiranakayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
infinity21

Drives: 2014 BRZ Sport-tech
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I run these on my car. The adjustments are about 0.5 degree per slot. The only downside is that to get the exact spec you're looking for, you need to adjust camber by using the upper slot in your strut (either slotted or crash bolt) which is more difficult than sliding the strut from the top hat.
infinity21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #3
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
They also increase the stack height slightly, so if you're not running coilovers you could end up with reverse rake.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #4
n0thing

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity21 View Post
I run these on my car. The adjustments are about 0.5 degree per slot. The only downside is that to get the exact spec you're looking for, you need to adjust camber by using the upper slot in your strut (either slotted or crash bolt) which is more difficult than sliding the strut from the top hat.
once you had your alignment set, from both top camber plate hole and strut slot/camber bolt, did you ever have to align it again? if so, it'll only be done by adjusting the strut slot/camber bolt?
n0thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:06 AM   #5
redlined600

Drives: Fr-s
They're probably great if you're camber is equal side to side. Or maybe close enough you don't care. I think the problem is there are enough infinitely adjustable options I'm not sure what problem they are trying to solve.

I like that the plates look nice and thick though.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:51 AM   #6
fuddbutter
Potato Farmer

Drives: #SLOBRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Like these?

I got mine with my coilovers (MSI and DMS developed them i believe)
only had them in for 3 weeks now, No issues obviously haha
My suspension guy rated them pretty highly, but I don't do my own alignments, so.. they look pretty!

Old 07-24-2017, 01:40 AM   #7
n0thing

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
one benefit of having camber plates is being able to adjust from the top without messing with the strut holes. even if you push both knuckles all the way in, its highly unlikely that both will be equal
n0thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #8
infinity21

Drives: 2014 BRZ Sport-tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0thing View Post
once you had your alignment set, from both top camber plate hole and strut slot/camber bolt, did you ever have to align it again? if so, it'll only be done by adjusting the strut slot/camber bolt?
I ended up switching to Raceseng this season (got them for a good price) so never had the chance to see how much the alignment changed over a track season. Given that I didn't notice any odd tire wear, I assume alignment didn't change much. But the idea would be to do fine tuning through the camber bolt, yes.

Edit: speaking of which, I have my old set for sale if anyone is interested :p
infinity21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:55 PM   #9
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
n0thing: there is one caveat though to that supposed camplates simplicity. Changing camber also changes toe, and it sometimes it's simpler to adjust camber and toe both simultaneously from below car then camber at topmounts and then crawl back to change toe, even more so if needed to repeat several times.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:57 PM   #10
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
n0thing: there is one caveat though to that supposed camplates simplicity. Changing camber also changes toe, and it sometimes it's simpler to adjust camber and toe both simultaneously from below car then camber at topmounts and then crawl back to change toe, even more so if needed to repeat several times.
But toe changes such a small amount with front camber, it's nearly inconsequential.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote