follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-11-2019, 05:49 PM   #253
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,466 Times in 3,205 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey, so I have a Grimmspeed strut tower bar. Yesterday I installed (well, a shop installed) my flex fuel v2 kit. I found out that the strut tower bar is incompatible with the v2 kit due to its new placement on the strut tower.

I'm kinda frustrated about this given that I spent money on this strut bar a while ago and I've enjoyed having it. It means I'll have to deal with probably selling it and finding a different one that is compatible with the different positioning of your module.

Maybe I just haven't read through enough of this thread but is there any particular reasoning as to why you've placed the sensor/module in that new location rather than maybe building a different bracket that could attach to the old bolt location but with different angling?
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #254
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
Hey, so I have a Grimmspeed strut tower bar. Yesterday I installed (well, a shop installed) my flex fuel v2 kit. I found out that the strut tower bar is incompatible with the v2 kit due to its new placement on the strut tower.

I'm kinda frustrated about this given that I spent money on this strut bar a while ago and I've enjoyed having it. It means I'll have to deal with probably selling it and finding a different one that is compatible with the different positioning of your module.

Maybe I just haven't read through enough of this thread but is there any particular reasoning as to why you've placed the sensor/module in that new location rather than maybe building a different bracket that could attach to the old bolt location but with different angling?
The new mounting location actually has less location problems than the old version.

There were a couple reasons for moving the kit.
1. Jackson Racing supercharger had some clearance issues on the old kit and some other forced inductions kits.
2. Customers with race cars would take out the fender liners and lots of debris would hit the fuel sensor and lines.
3. We moved to new, smaller and more reliable sensor so the old mount location would not support it.

Can you email us some pictures of what is going on to sales@delicioustuning.com. Maybe we can send out a different bracket for your application.

Let me know,
William Knose
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:41 AM   #255
DaveB.inVa

Drives: 2016 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm planning to buy the V2 flexfuel kit too and noticed the same issue. I have a Grimmspeed bar, it was a gift so I'd like to keep it but I want flexfuel in the future. If you come up with a solution can you please post it here so that I can do the same thing when I go flexfuel.
DaveB.inVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:54 AM   #256
Turdinator
Seņor Member

Drives: 86 GT/'74 TA22 Celica/Kangaroo
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
The new mounting location actually has less location problems than the old version.

1. Jackson Racing supercharger had some clearance issues on the old kit and some other forced inductions kits.
2. Customers with race cars would take out the fender liners and lots of debris would hit the fuel sensor and lines.
3. We moved to new, smaller and more reliable sensor so the old mount location would not support it.

Can you email us some pictures of what is going on to sales@delicioustuning.com. Maybe we can send out a different bracket for your application.

Let me know,
William Knose
I have the Delicious flex fuel kit ready to throw in my car next weekend and I have a Grimmspeed strut bar also. I took the attached photo (ignore the dirt everywhere) when I went to investigate it myself after reading this thread. I'll email some further photos through to Delicious tomorrow.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Turdinator For This Useful Post:
spike021 (07-15-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 02:06 PM   #257
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
@DeliciousTuning I am thinking of getting this kit off another member but he has EcuTek while I have OFT. Is there a way to convert this so it works with OFT? I have searched around and saw some post regarding having to use the o2 input wire connected to the evap portion off the ecu while having to find another source for the power and ground in order to get O2 sensor based flex fuel kits to work with OFT. Since this kit is bluetooth integrated, will it be the same? Will the bluetooth module work properly if converted?
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:44 PM   #258
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach415 View Post
@DeliciousTuning I am thinking of getting this kit off another member but he has EcuTek while I have OFT. Is there a way to convert this so it works with OFT? I have searched around and saw some post regarding having to use the o2 input wire connected to the evap portion off the ecu while having to find another source for the power and ground in order to get O2 sensor based flex fuel kits to work with OFT. Since this kit is bluetooth integrated, will it be the same? Will the bluetooth module work properly if converted?

DT do make an evap connect ie oft compatable flex kit. Its lossible to convert the rear 02 conbect kits to evap conbect but you will need to do some rewiring. You would need to reroute the earth, flex signal and power wires from the rear o2 connector to your own earth point , switched 12 v and the signal wire to the evap input on ecu conbector A35 pin 20. The bluttoth should still work fine as its completly separate and links to phone or tablet but you would need the DT app for phnoe\tablet. Deliceous kit can be 0-5v or 0?5-4.5v so depending whick voltage range it uses you may need to recalibrate the oft based tune to suit
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:51 AM   #259
Turdinator
Seņor Member

Drives: 86 GT/'74 TA22 Celica/Kangaroo
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
A quick update. The flexfuel kit can be made to fit with the Grimmspeed strut brace. On American cars with your quick release fuel lines you may have to play around a bit but on my Aussie car all the lines work fine. Its a bit tight but it fits.
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2019, 02:48 PM   #260
BA9092
Captain Slow

Drives: '18 BRZ Limited PP 6MT ISM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdinator View Post
A quick update. The flexfuel kit can be made to fit with the Grimmspeed strut brace. On American cars with your quick release fuel lines you may have to play around a bit but on my Aussie car all the lines work fine. Its a bit tight but it fits.
I did something similar with mine and the Grimmspeed brace.

I enlarged one of the mounting holes and used it to mount it to the car. The fuel lines are a bit tight, but nothing's kinked nor leaking.

However, once the Hotchkis brace is back in stock, I'll probably swap out the Grimmspeed for it since it retains the angular shape of the OEM brace allowing you to mount the FF sensor diagonally as designed.

BA9092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #261
byun

Drives: 2015 BRZ CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Let me know,

William Knose

@DeliciousTuning does the v2 have the fuel pressure option as well? Would like to move the sensor to the new spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
byun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:56 PM   #262
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

We have been doing some research on the Grimmspeed Strut bar and this is what we have found, from some shops we work with.

This mounting place is not designed for load, one of the few reasons we chose this location for the Flex Fuel Sensor. But i will continue looking into this a bit more.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
botbs (08-07-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #263
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,466 Times in 3,205 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Anybody know of a good gauge solution to display ethanol content?

The app is fine but it's a bit inconvenient to need to deal with every time I want to check what level I'm at.

* Since I've been fueling up multiple times a week .
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:24 PM   #264
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
We have been doing some research on the Grimmspeed Strut bar and this is what we have found, from some shops we work with.

This mounting place is not designed for load, one of the few reasons we chose this location for the Flex Fuel Sensor. But i will continue looking into this a bit more.

Not to be pissy, but you're suggesting that where the factory triangulated bars mount isn't designed for any load?
Old 08-06-2019, 09:14 PM   #265
byun

Drives: 2015 BRZ CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by byun View Post
@DeliciousTuning does the v2 have the fuel pressure option as well? Would like to move the sensor to the new spot.

How does the routing look when adding the fuel pressure sensor in the new location?

byun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:22 PM   #266
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Not to be pissy, but you're suggesting that where the factory triangulated bars mount isn't designed for any load?
I did not say any load but heavy loads, yes. We contacted our representative at Subaru Japan and asked them about this. They stated they are designed to bend, flex and not meant for heavy loads that the strut bars place on them.