follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #365
mirvine

Drives: FR-S Scion (Raven)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
Nice! The other cool thing about the car is that it will ward off those pesky third wheels when you take your new girlfriend(s) out because the backseat can only fit small children.
Haha! My client had the same thoughts! I am sticking with the current GF though!
mirvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #366
BanzaiZee
Street Ninja

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
While I drove through town, a guy in an integra craned his neck, waved his arms out the window and yelled, "OMG AN FR-S!!!" I couldn't stop laughing....

Another time I was driving on the freeway and passed a girl in an SLK. I can only assume it was because of me, but I noticed her drop her jaw as I passed. : )
BanzaiZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #367
polarbear

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirvine View Post
Haha! My client had the same thoughts! I am sticking with the current GF though!
Awww
polarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #368
Texas BRZ
Sports Car = Anti-Drug

Drives: 2014 Honda CBR600RR
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Went to get a hair cut earlier, and one of the barbers pointed out that a couple of guys were all over my car... As I went up to take a closer look, it turned out that a father and son were taking close look at my car again & again. I should've came out and introduced myself and the car better to them, since I was very pleased that they admired my car so much...

An hour or so later, a brand new G37S Coupe was following me for a few miles as he repeatedly took pictures with his phone... As he pulled next to me, he presented himself very enthusiastically towards my car, and said that he's been trying to capture the sound of the car and everything... I told him that the car wasn't that loud, but he didn't think negatively of it anyway. I told him that his car was more expensive than mine, but he simply said to me that my car was better.

I suppose this is the part where I'm suppose to get caught up in myself and in my new sports car?

Texas BRZ
Texas BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #369
_hollywood

Drives: 97 itr sold
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keszki View Post
Just had a sinister episode last night...
Two guys in a black car followed me for ages. At first I thought they were just curious about the car but then I started getting near my house and there was no way I was letting them see where I lived.
I kept switching lanes and taking illogical turns, but they stayed with me. I started getting worried.
In the end I had to pull some ninja moves, including a 180 in the middle of the street to lose them.

I reckon they were either:
a) undercover cops
b) curious about the car
c) sinister mofos who wanted to follow me home
This was a monthly occurance in my type R when i lived in newport news, va

Kind of glad most people dont notice this car, haha
FR-S #56 of 86 Raven MT ***FOR SALE***
_hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #370
leonwood

Drives: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarviz View Post
I had somebody spit on my car while it was in my driveway.. wth haters.
People get jealous and seriously, that sounds like a real bad experience.
I've bumped into people they tailgate, swear and even want to get close to fxxx...
leonwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #371
Craig

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Had a cop pull me over today when I was doing 32 in a 35 because I was 'goin a little fast.' He asked me when I got the car and where I was going, walked 360* around the car then told me to drive safely.

Guy in a GTI honked and waved, every guy I see in a Scion TC makes it a point to wave to me as well.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #372
Keszki

Drives: GT86 delivered!
Pulled up at lights and a guy in a Brabus SL pulled beside me. I looked across and he was grinning at me so I waved and wound the window down. Turns out he a fan of the 86 and he's never seen one on the road before. We had a quick chat, then the lights went green and he roared (damn that thing is loud) into the distance. Cool guy.

So even guys in high end performance cars dig my ride! Awesome!
Keszki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #373
oops86

Drives: Scion FR-S
I get a lot of second takes by people in motorcycles and sports cars, which is a pretty good feeling. I pulled up next to a guy in a VERY clean mid 90's Porsche the other day and we took turns admiring each other's cars during the next few stop lights, so that was fun too.
oops86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #374
Brett
First 86

Drives: Whiteout MT FR-S
Garage
I got a thumbs up the other day from a dude. He was about 5.

Brett
baldolera (08-17-2012), civicdrivr (08-12-2012), Dadhawk (08-12-2012), DarthNads (08-12-2012), Guff (08-17-2012)
Old 08-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #375
Travis

Drives: FR-S 6MT Whiteout
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Saw some guy taking pics of my car when I was eating lunch, he was super excited and telling his dad all about it.

I saw a Cayman owner driving behind me the other day pointing and talking to his passenger, Im sure about the comparisons between the two cars

Also a guy in an electric 1 series BMW stare me down then race around an on ramp
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #376
Texas BRZ
Sports Car = Anti-Drug

Driver of a '11 Alpine White e90 M3 with Competition pkg was taking a good look of my FR-S as I was heading down the road to my home... Turned out I sort of know who the guy was since he lives in the same neighborhood as me... He also owns a '12 Black Edition GT-R.

Getting attention from him was priceless!

Texas BRZ
Old 08-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #377
Texas BRZ
Sports Car = Anti-Drug

Just got back from my local recreation center... And as I was driving through the parking lot there, a young kid in his small bicycle whispers to his older brother, "Hey! That's the new Scion?!"

LoL!

Texas BRZ
Old 08-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #378
Propaganda
Diamonds & Cadillacs

Drives: '13 fr-s, 1974 911s
-Countless people staring as I/they drive by

-A honda prelude lowered on gold rims floored it to pass me and then get in front of me

-Sitting at a stop light, a guy in a modded 240 that drove by shouted out and gave me a thumbs up

-Some late teens kid in the back of a crv asked how much horsepower it had and then looked puzzled when I only said 200

-At the park, a dad with his son (most likely in elementary school) started asking questions about the car, and was actually understanding when I told him it wasn't meant to go fast in a straight line

-My friend that owns a crossfire... yes, a crossfire, wanted to know how much hp it had... and then proceeded to say that I might be able to beat him around a track, and definitely wouldn't win in a straight line. Needless to say, I don't think he understands that I autocross frequently, my car weighs 500 pounds less, and 15hp isnt really all that much.
Propaganda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Propaganda For This Useful Post:
eriktherod (08-12-2012)