follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
brillo

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Suspension Arm Bushing Replacement Question

I'm interesting in strategically replacing some of the rubber bushings in my suspension arms for both performance and for longevity as I track the car 5-6 times a year and I tend to keep my cars for 8+ years. Note that this is a third car which gets about 4k total miles a year.

I have a couple of questions as I try to decide the best approach (note I have already installed whiteline steering, transmission and rear sub-frame bushings) as I'm really trying to keep the new car steering and suspension feel throughout the life of the vehicle.

1. Front Lower Control Arms - I'm not sure if its best to replace just the front lower control arm spherical bushing or also the from lower trailing bushing. I know the front bushing design is prone to failure, I've heard various opinions on replacing the lower rear bushing (i.e. leave it for some compliance).

2. There is a bushing that connects the lower front control arm to the wheel hub but I'm not sure if this bushing wears easily given its location. Is this bushing something that wears easily over time?

3. I'm installing rear adjustable lower control arms for more adjustment options. What other rear control arms are most prone to wear and slop?

4. Whiteline vs. Superpro - I've been happy with my current whiteline installs thus far, any opinion on how their NVH compares to superpro as far as control arms?

5. I know that STI makes some stiffer rubber bushings. Are these more durable as well as stiff? would these be better for a car that spends most of its time as a daily driver?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by brillo; 05-09-2015 at 08:55 AM.
brillo is offline   Reply With Quote