follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 12-26-2021, 08:39 AM   #15
Jstyle

Drives: 2020 86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
If he doesn't want it you can have the slider. It won't be available until I get my mount from PCI which is supposed to be January sometime. It would just be the driver side, I am keeping my stock passenger seat.
Awesome. I’ll give you a shout mid January. Thanks!
Jstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jstyle For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (12-26-2021)
Old 01-01-2022, 01:30 PM   #16
Kelse92
At the track

Drives: '14 FRS - Former e92 M3
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Installing my Brey-Krause sliders with the EVO today. We’ll play around with the height and post pics. The adjustment looks like they can go pretty low
Old 01-01-2022, 01:43 PM   #17
Jstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Installing my Brey-Krause sliders with the EVO today. We’ll play around with the height and post pics. The adjustment looks like they can go pretty low
Awesome. Just keep me posted.
Old 01-01-2022, 05:31 PM   #18
Kelse92
At the track

We are on the middle hole in front and one above lowest in the back to have a bit of tilt to the seat and next to the passenger seat it’s about even with the stock seat (maybe a hair lower) which is what I wanted.
Room to go a little lower and the cushion in the Sparco is lower profile also (or could be removed if you want even lower. So not a crazy big difference, but will be some improvement in head room if you put it at the bottom. As always, the Brey-Krause mount kit is great quality, I’ve always been happy with their stuff.
Also, just tested can still squeeze a 17x9 behind the seat when it is all the way forward.
Another FYI the passenger side slider we had to modify to remove the double part of the handle bar and the mechanism that allows the stock seat to lean forward and slide at the same time. Not a dealbreaker if the car goes back to stock but info if anyone is buying.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kelse92; 01-01-2022 at 05:57 PM.
Kelse92 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelse92 For This Useful Post:
yEEt42069 (01-03-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 08:12 AM   #19
Jstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
We are on the middle hole in front and one above lowest in the back to have a bit of tilt to the seat and next to the passenger seat it’s about even with the stock seat (maybe a hair lower) which is what I wanted.
Room to go a little lower and the cushion in the Sparco is lower profile also (or could be removed if you want even lower. So not a crazy big difference, but will be some improvement in head room if you put it at the bottom. As always, the Brey-Krause mount kit is great quality, I’ve always been happy with their stuff.
Also, just tested can still squeeze a 17x9 behind the seat when it is all the way forward.
Another FYI the passenger side slider we had to modify to remove the double part of the handle bar and the mechanism that allows the stock seat to lean forward and slide at the same time. Not a dealbreaker if the car goes back to stock but info if anyone is buying.
Great work on this! Thanks for keeping us updated.

So in total, how much head room do you think is possible with the setup? Also did you end up swapping over the airbag sensor(s) to get rid of the light or how did that end up working out?
Old 01-03-2022, 10:54 AM   #20
Kelse92
At the track

We pulled the seat occupancy sensor out of the passenger side seat and stuck it under the cushion on the race seat side and I have an airbag light at the moment but planning to get the resistors and turn that off shortly. My car hardly ever sees the street other than when it is headed to a track and half the time that is on a trailer so I'm not too worried about it at the moment but I don't like dash lights either haha

As far as head room goes with some more tilt and on the lowest setting I think maybe an inch or so lower than stock? So not a ton lower but I think it's lower than a lot of the other aftermarket slider options I've seen.
Old 01-04-2022, 06:23 PM   #21
Eric1855

Drives: LP DSP / CSP '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Not an Evo but just installed a Sparco QRT-R in my BRZ using the Brey Krause mounts.

This is a larger seat so you can’t get as low due to the bottom sides of the seat hitting the sliders but still more headroom than stock seats. It’s super rough for me to fit with a helmet and stock seats without a lot of lean back but with this mounted fairly upright with a helmet on it fits but rubs a bit but with the pad out of the bottom of the seat the helmet doesn’t rub. It also has full range of sliding forward and back.

For SCCA STX folks this seat and sliders was 28.6lbs so no need to add anything else to be legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eric1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:40 PM   #22
e1_griego

Drives: Many
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
How centered is the seat?

A few years ago I bought a Sparco Evo 2 and the PCI bracket and it was offset just enough left to really irritate me and rob some headroom from the slope of the roof.

I'm considering another attempt with the Brey-Krause mounts and whatever wider seat I can get to work.

Appreciate the feedback!
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 08:50 PM   #23
Eric1855

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
How centered is the seat?

A few years ago I bought a Sparco Evo 2 and the PCI bracket and it was offset just enough left to really irritate me and rob some headroom from the slope of the roof.

I'm considering another attempt with the Brey-Krause mounts and whatever wider seat I can get to work.

Appreciate the feedback!

I’d say it’s fairly centered at least enough to not notice and looks centered on the wheel. The BK mounts are slightly slotted so you have some wiggle room side to side for small adjustments.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric1855 For This Useful Post:
e1_griego (01-04-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 11:58 PM   #24
e1_griego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1855 View Post
I’d say it’s fairly centered at least enough to not notice and looks centered on the wheel. The BK mounts are slightly slotted so you have some wiggle room side to side for small adjustments.
What hole are you using in the front? Or is top hole front/back the only option?

Sorry for all the questions -- intrigued enough that I may pull the trigger on the same setup.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:57 AM   #25
Eric1855

Quote:
What hole are you using in the front? Or is top hole front/back the only option?

Sorry for all the questions -- intrigued enough that I may pull the trigger on the same setup.

It’s the top hole in the back you could maybe get the second hole down to work but I was ok with this one.

The front you can use just about any of them but I’m using the 2nd from the top because I prefer a more upright seating and may try the top for just a little lean back, but doing lower will lean you more forward.
e1_griego (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 11:01 AM   #26
e1_griego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1855 View Post
It’s the top hole in the back you could maybe get the second hole down to work but I was ok with this one.

The front you can use just about any of them but I’m using the 2nd from the top because I prefer a more upright seating and may try the top for just a little lean back, but doing lower will lean you more forward.
Awesome!

Last question (and again, apologies) -- I see they offer two different BK mounts, one for wider seats that seem super wide, and the normal one. Which one did you use?

I prefer more leaned back position so one hole down in the back and a couple up in the front probably nets me a touch more headroom too and sounds like it would work.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:10 AM   #27
Eric1855

Quote:
Awesome!

Last question (and again, apologies) -- I see they offer two different BK mounts, one for wider seats that seem super wide, and the normal one. Which one did you use?

I prefer more leaned back position so one hole down in the back and a couple up in the front probably nets me a touch more headroom too and sounds like it would work.
I'm using the wide version, part R-1486 (433mm to 460mm)

https://www.bkauto.com/R_1486_Seat_M...s_p/r-1486.htm

The design drawings on the QRT-R show 430mm width at the side mount holes so maybe you could get away with the R-1487 which says 395mm-433mm but I designed to error on the side of slightly too big vs slighlty too small and my Kirkeys are 17" for when I ever take it to SP or SM so wanted to future proof a little too.
e1_griego (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 11:11 AM   #28
e1_griego

Ultimately shouldn't matter, I'd think, because the seat is going to hit the rail regardless, just by nature of being wide.

Thanks a ton for all the answers and for probably costing me a few hundred dollars today lol.