follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-14-2020, 03:11 PM   #57
pallen

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Are they just pulling over cars with loud exhausts? Do you get a lot of Harley Davidsons up there?
pallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:34 PM   #58
scotto79

Drives: 2016 Ablaze FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
where are all the bro pickups at?
scotto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:35 PM   #59
RayRay88

Drives: 2017 86 860 Special Edition
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
I've already mentioned it once in another thread but I still regularly get vans/trucks that think they can go around a corner on off ramps chasing me.

They want to speed in traffic, then when a merge ramp appears suddenly they realize they are driving a van with bald ass Chinese velozza tires doesn't corner very well.

The weird timing of this conversation a Friend sent me this minutes ago from one of the places police are setup. One is called #operation noisemaker
That noisemaker crap spread like cancer. It was started by one cop crusader in Halton region. He has some hard on about cars with exhausts, he has on several occasions conflated violent criminals and people with exhausts.

For your amusement, please find big PP energy here : https://twitter.com/CstTaraso9345
RayRay88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:30 AM   #60
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,936 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay88 View Post
That noisemaker crap spread like cancer.
Not sure I understand which one you think is crap, the people breaking the law or the people enforcing it.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (09-15-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 10:48 AM   #61
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,125 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallen View Post
Are they just pulling over cars with loud exhausts? Do you get a lot of Harley Davidsons up there?
Anything that looks modified gets pulled over and inspected. It's basically a middle finger to the tuning crowd because they felt the street racing scene was getting out of hand.
Harleys seem to get a pass, unless they're driving like assholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotto79 View Post
where are all the bro pickups at?
Maybe the guy recording filtered trucks out since he drives a one

They are some of the worst offenders here. Rednecks with rusty trucks and cherry bomb mufflers doing burnouts that aren't even really attending meets.

They're weak ass burnouts too, you can hear the valve tick on their crappy 4.8 as it barely spins a tire.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:58 AM   #62
RToyo86

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay88 View Post
That noisemaker crap spread like cancer. It was started by one cop crusader in Halton region. He has some hard on about cars with exhausts, he has on several occasions conflated violent criminals and people with exhausts.

For your amusement, please find big PP energy here : https://twitter.com/CstTaraso9345
We have our own local fix-a-ticket cop here as well. He pretty much earns a living doing it day and night. It's so bad with the courts that whenever one of his tickets is contested it is tossed .

If you drive like a dink in the city and get pulled over.. I get that.
This cop however will specifically pull over nice looking cars and go fishing for tickets. Hands them out like candy often with little actual proof.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:12 AM   #63
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 4,976 Times in 2,195 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Harleys seem to get a pass, unless they're driving like assholes.
When would they not though? Feeling lost in the weeds here.
The Following User Says Thank You to bcj For This Useful Post:
scotto79 (09-17-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 11:27 AM   #64
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
The truck forums complain that only they get pulled over and the sportscars, muscle cars and bikes get away with it.
The bike forums complain that only they get pulled over and the trucks, sportscars and muscle cars get away with it.
The muscle car forums complain that only they get pulled over and the trucks, sportscars and bikes get away with it.

People using an obviously heavily edited 3 minute video to say that only a certain group is being targeted is not even remotely the truth of the matter.
Dadhawk (09-15-2020), HaXx (09-15-2020), soundman98 (09-16-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 11:56 AM   #65
HaXx

Drives: jrsc_brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

The weird timing of this conversation a Friend sent me this minutes ago from one of the places police are setup. One is called #operation noisemaker
im not entirely sure whats happening in this video, it appears cops are in the middle of the road pulling over anyone that has a modified looking car, despite the owners driving completely invisibly/safely in a line of traffic? is this correct, and normal in canada?

In the states its not so strict. consider you get two strikes and ur pulled over. if your car is modified thats one strike, but if youre just in a line of traffic minding your business driving invisibly, they typically wont bother you.
if you are driving a bit cheeky like youre in a hurry, most people drive like this i suppose, running yellow lights, thats one strike, but if youre in a toyota camry, they mostly wont bother you. we see people doing stupid stuff constantly to no bother of police. but if youre driving cheeky AND your car looks modified, theres your second strike.

my car is dumb modified, widebody, half the time the kit is off exposing massive wheel poke and cut fenders, no front bumper sometime, illegal 5% tint, catless exhaust, always functioning lighting however. but because i drive invisibly and safely and with a light foot, its not too much to push them over the edge.

so i think its ridiculous that that someone in canada driving a mazda RX-7 thats lowered, windows tinted, and catbacked, driving perfectly in order, not breaking a single moving violation, would be waved off into a parking lot and ticketed. i know its strict like this in australia too.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:15 PM   #66
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaXx View Post
im not entirely sure whats happening in this video, it appears cops are in the middle of the road pulling over anyone that has a modified looking car, despite the owners driving completely invisibly/safely in a line of traffic? is this correct, and normal in canada?

In the states its not so strict. consider you get two strikes and ur pulled over. if your car is modified thats one strike, but if youre just in a line of traffic minding your business driving invisibly, they typically wont bother you.
if you are driving a bit cheeky like youre in a hurry, most people drive like this i suppose, running yellow lights, thats one strike, but if youre in a toyota camry, they mostly wont bother you. we see people doing stupid stuff constantly to no bother of police. but if youre driving cheeky AND your car looks modified, theres your second strike.

my car is dumb modified, widebody, half the time the kit is off exposing massive wheel poke and cut fenders, no front bumper sometime, illegal 5% tint, catless exhaust, always functioning lighting however. but because i drive invisibly and safely and with a light foot, its not too much to push them over the edge.

so i think its ridiculous that that someone in canada driving a mazda RX-7 thats lowered, windows tinted, and catbacked, driving perfectly in order, not breaking a single moving violation, would be waved off into a parking lot and ticketed. i know its strict like this in australia too.
The video is very deceiving in what it doesn't show! They are not just pulling over random cars based upon appearance. They had undercover cars up the road that are observing infractions and radioing up on who to pull over. It is a valid response to a large problem they have.
The stats support the initiative.

https://www.ottawapolice.ca/Modules/...6-a5d4d3a32201

Last edited by Tcoat; 09-15-2020 at 12:26 PM.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (09-15-2020), HaXx (09-15-2020), soundman98 (09-16-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 12:47 PM   #67
HaXx

Drives: jrsc_brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
The video is very deceiving in what it doesn't show! They are not just pulling over random cars based upon appearance. They had undercover cars up the road that are observing infractions and radioing up on who to pull over. It is a valid response to a large problem they have.
The stats support the initiative.

https://www.ottawapolice.ca/Modules/...6-a5d4d3a32201
honestly, despite driving a fast and furious looking car, im not down with street racing. so then, i guess this video is validated.

i woke up in the hospital with 2 shattered femurs and the only saving grace/silver lining is that i did not hurt anyone else and no one else was involved in my motorcycle crash. ill reap what i sow, but if i woke up and they told me someone else was in the hospital too due to my actions, thats what i cant handle.

i think this is why im not bothered by frs's with -15* camber, call it stupid, say what you will, yes its completely functionless and ruins the dynamics of the 86 platform, but really, lem em do it without any harsh words muttered. are they really bothering you? im not in the mindset of critisizing other people, if i see something i dont like, i turn the other direction, if i hear a song i dont like, instead of bashing it, i turn on a song i do like.
Dadhawk (09-15-2020), humfrz (09-15-2020), Tcoat (09-15-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 12:51 PM   #68
RToyo86

Quote:

This is in response to the growing issue with speeders/racing.

They setup near known hot spots where big car meets were happening. For years cops have always hung out around and pulled over bad apples, but this year has been WAY worse with Covid. They have officially shut down the main spot people went to for 10+ years, when the landlord finally pulled the plug after property damage was done by the truck incident I mentioned. The video footage is setup right near that meet spot. The police message is pretty clear that they don't want these gatherings as it attracts wreckless behavior.

It doesn't help our city is right on the border to another province(Quebec), we get extra influx of cars over to find meets or drive around.

I get it since there is a lot of toxic people around big meets. Too much ego and "showing off". Our 86 group runs pretty strong on a regular basis. We tend to meet on our own, and recently we have found small spots with other clubs where we draw no attention.
The Following User Says Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (09-15-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 01:11 PM   #69
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
In total fairness any of us that are old enough for the 70s era did stance as well. We just did it in the other direction and put the biggest wheels possible on the back and the smallest on the front.

You weren't cool until you got that rear bumper at least three feet and the front bumper 3 inches off the ground.

This one has a bit large tires on the front but get's the idea across.

Quote:
honestly, despite driving a fast and furious looking car, im not down with street racing. so then, i guess this video is validated.

i woke up in the hospital with 2 shattered femurs and the only saving grace/silver lining is that i did not hurt anyone else and no one else was involved in my motorcycle crash. ill reap what i sow, but if i woke up and they told me someone else was in the hospital too due to my actions, thats what i cant handle.

i think this is why im not bothered by frs's with -15* camber, call it stupid, say what you will, yes its completely functionless and ruins the dynamics of the 86 platform, but really, lem em do it without any harsh words muttered. are they really bothering you? im not in the mindset of critisizing other people, if i see something i dont like, i turn the other direction, if i hear a song i dont like, instead of bashing it, i turn on a song i do like.
As I said above there has been some goofy seeming fad for every era since cars first hit the road. They come and go and have their fans and haters. The thing I find most about the slammed car crowd is that MANY go into the build with a chip on their shoulder and pretty much beg people to say something so they can get all offended.
There is nothing wrong with discussion on the subject even if people do not agree but the guys that go into a tirade because somebody simply said they don't like it just feed the flames. Yes, you can walk away from something you don't like but if you express that dislike in any way and the other guy runs along behind you screaming then you stop walking and scream back.,
soundman98 (09-16-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 01:18 PM   #70
Tcoat

Quote:
This is in response to the growing issue with speeders/racing.

They setup near known hot spots where big car meets were happening. For years cops have always hung out around and pulled over bad apples, but this year has been WAY worse with Covid. They have officially shut down the main spot people went to for 10+ years, when the landlord finally pulled the plug after property damage was done by the truck incident I mentioned. The video footage is setup right near that meet spot. The police message is pretty clear that they don't want these gatherings as it attracts wreckless behavior.

It doesn't help our city is right on the border to another province(Quebec), we get extra influx of cars over to find meets or drive around.

I get it since there is a lot of toxic people around big meets. Too much ego and "showing off". Our 86 group runs pretty strong on a regular basis. We tend to meet on our own, and recently we have found small spots with other clubs where we draw no attention.
I would gladly pay the local police a tidy sum to do this in my neighbourhood. I back onto a residential street that has become a total ricer heaven over the last year. I doubt that I can go an hour without some asshat going wot and then downshifting just to make as much noise as he can in a half block run. The saddest part is that of the dozen or so cars that seem to have shown up there is maybe one that actually has the balls to warrant the noise it makes.
It is only a matter of time before somebody get's killed because some dipshit with a fart cannon and pop tune wanted to make sure everybody heard him at 2 am.
Dadhawk (09-15-2020), humfrz (09-15-2020), PetrolioBenzina (09-15-2020), soundman98 (09-16-2020)