follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ


User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2020, 06:28 PM   #29
gymratter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Drives: BMW
Location: TX
Posts: 2,163
Thanks: 1,861
Thanked 1,662 Times in 859 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_E_L View Post
I don't think it's launching this fall, the Subaru press release describes it as a premiere, so a reveal of the final car is what I understand. I believe spring 2021 is still the target launch date.
yup, thats what the timeline says.

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141933
gymratter is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gymratter For This Useful Post:
Dirty Harry (10-07-2020), R_E_L (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 06:31 PM   #30
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 65,157
Thanks: 57,851
Thanked 98,010 Times in 42,649 Posts
Mentioned: 2360 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratter View Post
The timeline says ďProduction datesĒ. Probably looking at a late summer or early fall release date.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 06:32 PM   #31
Irace86.2.0
Non Sequitur
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 5,392
Thanks: 3,976
Thanked 4,138 Times in 2,331 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don’t know if it has been mentioned, but it looks like they are both on Michelin PS4S tires.
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is online now  
Old 10-06-2020, 06:39 PM   #32
Irace86.2.0
Non Sequitur
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 5,392
Thanks: 3,976
Thanked 4,138 Times in 2,331 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What Tcoat said because of that and because it could be delayed because of COVID.
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is online now  
Old 10-06-2020, 06:39 PM   #33
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 6,613
Thanks: 18,230
Thanked 8,054 Times in 4,157 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseG View Post
Itís hard to see much detail in those shots, but that is probably the closest thing weíve seen yet to the actual 2nd gen. The TNGA architecture is really awesome so Iím crossing my fingers it could be using that platform. Iím not sure how easily a RWD setup would be on TNGA. Imagine this curve ball, what if they used a Toyota sourced engine?! I mean Toyota owns a big stake in Subaru, so they call the shots.
Either way I think itís looking great so far, and staying very close to the 1st gen design language. Love those wheels also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's definitely not TNGA.
Spuds is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Dzmitry (10-07-2020), gymratter (10-06-2020), HKz (10-06-2020), Opie (10-06-2020), StE92ve (10-07-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #34
C4RBON
Senior Member
 
C4RBON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Drives: '15 BRZ, '19 GTI
Location: USA/Iowa
Posts: 204
Thanks: 76
Thanked 163 Times in 79 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_E_L View Post
I don't think it's launching this fall, the Subaru press release describes it as a premiere, so a reveal of the final car is what I understand. I believe spring 2021 is still the target launch date.
Yes, you are right. I meant unveiling, or media announcement. Launch is ambiguous.
__________________
C4RBON is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C4RBON For This Useful Post:
gymratter (10-06-2020), R_E_L (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 06:51 PM   #35
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 65,157
Thanks: 57,851
Thanked 98,010 Times in 42,649 Posts
Mentioned: 2360 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
What Tcoat said because of that and because it could be delayed because of COVID.
Yes.
I will amend my statement.
it was likely planned for a late summer release.
That plan may or may not have changed several times by now and could change more depending on events.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline  
Old 10-06-2020, 06:58 PM   #36
gymratter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Drives: BMW
Location: TX
Posts: 2,163
Thanks: 1,861
Thanked 1,662 Times in 859 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
The timeline says “Production dates”. Probably looking at a late summer or early fall release date.
yes i can read lol. i was interpreting "launch date" as launch or start of production.
gymratter is offline  
Old 10-06-2020, 07:09 PM   #37
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 65,157
Thanks: 57,851
Thanked 98,010 Times in 42,649 Posts
Mentioned: 2360 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4RBON View Post
Yes, you are right. I meant unveiling, or media announcement. Launch is ambiguous.
As far as marketing to the the public is concerned "Launch" is the total of all the events and actions from official announcement to first sales so it isn't one distinct occurrence.

In the manufacturing end "launch " is from initial sign off of concept (not the concept car it self but the very basic idea for it) up to the first of production vehicles.

There is a little overlap between the two but that one word describe two pretty different processes depending on who is using it.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Ash_89 (10-07-2020), Spuds (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 07:11 PM   #38
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 65,157
Thanks: 57,851
Thanked 98,010 Times in 42,649 Posts
Mentioned: 2360 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratter View Post
yes i can read lol. i was interpreting "launch date" as launch or start of production.
Well if you are going to correct somebody else then make sure you are using the right term yourself!
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline  
Old 10-06-2020, 07:16 PM   #39
gymratter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Drives: BMW
Location: TX
Posts: 2,163
Thanks: 1,861
Thanked 1,662 Times in 859 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Well if you are going to correct somebody else then make sure you are using the right term yourself!
launch: start or set in motion

but hey why does it matter. according to you that "leaked timeline" was just crappy photoshop spread by trolls. so why argue over fake news.
gymratter is offline  
Old 10-06-2020, 07:21 PM   #40
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 65,157
Thanks: 57,851
Thanked 98,010 Times in 42,649 Posts
Mentioned: 2360 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratter View Post

launch: start or set in motion

but hey why does it matter. according to you that "leaked timeline" was just crappy photoshop spread by fake news. so why argue over fake news.
By that definition the "launch" of the 2nd gen was about 3 years ago then.


Show me once where I ever said any such thing. I will wait.

I said that it was not an official statement and could or could not be accurate and that is exactly what it is. About 99.9% of the "sources" this crap comes from are indeed fake news as has been proven time and time again.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Opie (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 07:36 PM   #41
gymratter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Drives: BMW
Location: TX
Posts: 2,163
Thanks: 1,861
Thanked 1,662 Times in 859 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
By that definition the "launch" of the 2nd gen was about 3 years ago then.


Show me once where I ever said any such thing. I will wait.

I said that it was not an official statement and could or could not be accurate and that is exactly what it is. About 99.9% of the "sources" this crap comes from are indeed fake news as has been proven time and time again.
well you have to use in the correct context. no one was talking about pre R&D. anyways, doesn't that prove my point about how its interpreted?

i was being fictitious, but thats how you act when anything not coming from a press release is shared. idk how many times we have to keep going down this same rabbit hole. i can admitted that not everything on the web is true, but to you its all fake news so idk what is left to say.

Last edited by gymratter; 10-06-2020 at 07:47 PM.
gymratter is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to gymratter For This Useful Post:
olsonpg (10-10-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 07:47 PM   #42
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 65,157
Thanks: 57,851
Thanked 98,010 Times in 42,649 Posts
Mentioned: 2360 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratter View Post
doesn't that prove my point about how its interpreted?

i was being fictitious, but thats how you act when anything not coming from a press release is shared. idk how many times we have to keep going down this same rabbit hole. i can admitted that not everything on the web is true, but to you its all fake news so idk what is left to say.
Meh.
Yes but under that definition the guys you corrected was right as well.
You like to scour the internet and post whatever waste of print is even slightly relevant and I disagree with much of it and state my opinion. Am I just supposed to remain silent because I don't believe it? Yu only want to hear from the people that believe it all?
The track record of accuracy of may sources is so abysmal that it is a wonder that anybody still believes it much less spreads it. There are many of us that don't believe all the crap it isn't just me.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
BlueWhelan (10-06-2020)
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BRZ Unveiling to the Subaru Owners Club of South Africa (SOCSA) Didierm BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics 6 01-31-2013 07:06 AM
Last 2012 CDC Autocross SATurday November 17th and TNT SUNday November 18th echan Mid-Atlantic 8 11-19-2012 09:40 PM
GT-86 Hits W.A!!! Release date in W.A 18th of June.. FT-86GOD AUSTRALIA 92 06-14-2012 11:52 AM
Subaru commercial previews design? jakub4 BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics 14 10-24-2011 12:09 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.