follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #57
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadBanger View Post
Regardless of how you pay for your car, the second you sign the papers it's worth less. What's your point?
He was talking about a lease. At the end of a lease you have the option of buying the car or returning it. Sometimes the buyout price is more than it will cost to just return the car and buy a similar one on the used market. That's because the buyout price is a function of the financing numbers, not what the car is actually worth in the marketplace. If the market price on these cars were to plummet because of some major defect in the design, for example, the buyout price would still remain the same, and the financing company would end up taking a loss on it when they tried to sell it to someone else.

If the buyout price is higher than market value, you either decide you're willing to pay that difference to stay in the exact same car that you know and love, or you give it back and go buy another car. If you intend to keep the car long term, the lease terms are generally going to come out about the same as if you financed the whole amount, except that you have to come up with a large payment at the end instead of paying it down to zero over a longer time.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:11 PM   #58
HeadBanger

Drives: '14 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
@extrashaky I plan to have this car forever. Like I said before, I save $5k (five thousand Canadian Dollars) By leasing, then buying the car at the interest rate I'd be paying now if I was financing. Financing rate would be 5.99%, my lease rate is 0.9%. Even if The car is worth two thousand dollars less than what my buy out is, I'm still saving.

Anyways, I wave at most modified cars, and most "special edition" cars - like a Mazdaspeed Miata for example.
I actualy encountered my first two wild FRS' this weekend, one yesterday and one today. Both waved, but they may have been the same person lol
The douchebag with the flat brimmed hat in the WRX didn't wave back though.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #59
pche
Guy on internet

Drives: Slowly
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don't wave, no on my bike, not on my boat, not in my BRZ nor when I had my WRX.

I do however wave at hot chicks, I'd says its a 60% return rate.
pche is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pche For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (08-06-2014)
Old 08-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #60
oldlostcory

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I get waves about 30% of the time. There is a dude in a silver wrx that I drive by on a back road leaving work about every other day. I keep waving at him, he has never waved back. He gives me this mean mug look. I'm going to keep it up till I either get a wave or he flips out. Either way I'm getting a kick out of it.
oldlostcory is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oldlostcory For This Useful Post:
F1fletch (08-05-2014), HeadBanger (08-04-2014), limitedblkwrx (08-05-2014)
Old 08-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #61
MGPAX
Still 17!

Drives: 2014 Silver BRZ Limited
I LOVE this!!! Go get 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlostcory View Post
I get waves about 30% of the time. There is a dude in a silver wrx that I drive by on a back road leaving work about every other day. I keep waving at him, he has never waved back. He gives me this mean mug look. I'm going to keep it up till I either get a wave or he flips out. Either way I'm getting a kick out of it.
MGPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #62
Fastbrew

Drives: 2014 Pearl White BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
OP - no - Honda guys do.
Fastbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #63
Alltezza

Drives: WRB Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Actually surprisingly usually at a place near my work area when I go and fill up gas there's usually some WRXs and STIs and just regular imprezas. I got a lot of stories about this but I'm going to just share like 2.

So I was at Shells gas station and then a hatchback STI (I think its a 2014 or something) this guy and his wife and kids come out and look at my car, and he's like "MAN that's a SICK RIDE YOU GOT THERE GOOD CHOICE!" And he was telling me how he wanted to get a BRZ but his wife was not gonna let him get one.

And then at the Mall close to where I live at apparently there was a car show every friday, the only reason I found out was because when I was driving I noticed that a bunch of blue cars drove past me waving or giving me the thumbs up. Then I started noticing that they're all Subarus. Feels pretty good to know that even people with STIs and WRXs like BRZs it felt like I was welcomed to the Subaru family even though I actually don't like Subaru (Mainly because of the STI and Evo rivalry)
Alltezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #64
AJPG

Drives: 22RE, FA20, 4G63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
In the commute to work almost daily found one of the folloings, 2 sti (they look heavy mod) and 2 impreza (stoke) also a (stoke) evo, those are my raiding pals and non of them wave to my... I didn't wave eider, maybe I'm a polite douche. Lol
(Like mention in other post at the time I'm on the road there is almost no one, but didn't make it safe... Fun but not safe).
Anyway the people that really look/wave/stop to talk about the car have decreased since 2012 (maybe the new factor have fade a little) but I don't care. I like my car, I love to be the under dog and will continue the mods as the car needed. I think you could tell that's a lie!!! The car was new and need nothing (well maybe 100whp) but that is the star of the never ending tuning Lol

@Fastbrew honda guys turn grey and bleed from they ears when they try to out run me, after a couple of fail attempt they wave and almost alway say there is something wrong with they cars!
And Hondas are fast in my area!
AJPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #65
Griever423

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
That depends. Are you gorgeous?

I think they're offended that they're no longer the sporty Subaru, they're the heavy Subaru. They're still athletic, but they feel like the stocky sister that plays field hockey and softball, not the graceful sister that studies ballet.
Yep, that's what it is.
Griever423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #66
toast

Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
I think there is as much misinformation about STI's here as there is going the other way. I just came from an STI. On looks alone and the spec sheet there was no way in hell I would ever buy a BRZ. Once you push the wheels out and lower them a bit they look good, but that still wouldn't have been enough to get me to like it. It is all in the driving, and most STI drivers have never sat behind the wheel of a BRZ. Based on the comments about sportiness I would imagine most of the commenters here have never driven an STI. My simple stage 2 had so much more performance than this car it is just laughable. My 11 year old daughter just hangs her head and said 'that's it?' when I put it to the floor and wind it out.

Understanding these cars is all in the driving. Like someone said about, it is about shared experiences and there is nothing shared between WRX/STI drivers and BRZ drivers. If you get a wave they have probably driven both
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #67
Fastbrew

Drives: 2014 Pearl White BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
That depends. Are you gorgeous?

I think they're offended that they're no longer the sporty Subaru, they're the heavy Subaru. They're still athletic, but they feel like the stocky sister that plays field hockey and softball, not the graceful sister that studies ballet.
Maybe the WRX crew is like the butch sister?
Fastbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #68
Imrac

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Prem
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I have gotten several waves and acknowledgements from other Subies, and I will deuce the well modded scooby when I see one.

But I have also been given the thumbs up by a whole host of cars, the most recent that comes to mind that I found extremely funny was a big ole' explorer. I was just cruising in the left lane, a bit faster than the other lanes of traffic. As I passed an explorer I noticed he started to speed up a bit and kept pace with me. Later when he exited the highway, he was waving, pointing and smiling at my car. Was pretty cool to see.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #69
BRZZZZZZZZZZ
Car Nut

Drives: BMW 335d, Toyota Echo RS, FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I get called "dirty FRS owner" by my local Subaru guys. Love them...
BRZZZZZZZZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BRZZZZZZZZZZ For This Useful Post:
trd_kid (08-11-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #70
B-R-Z
I love peanut butter

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZZZZZZZZZZ View Post
I get called "dirty FRS owner" by my local Subaru guys. Love them...
Haters are gonna hate.
B-R-Z is offline   Reply With Quote