follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #43
SquadRogue
Banned

Drives: Steel FR-S 2015
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've fucked up just enough to know in life that if I don't gain knowledge now then I will regret in the future that I was a innocent ignorant. Doesn't hurt to know that the car is perfectly normal, I absolutely have nothing to know about this car. I bought it cause it looks nice, good on gas, 200hp and great handling. The issues I have absolutely no idea. Thank you guys for the help.
And yeah I have anxiety problems closest thing to a shrink to me would be to completely follow the Bible. Cause I admit this life is wacccccccccck. Time to loosen up cause nothings perfect not even the angels.

lol speaking of Santa Barbara U2 was on my pandora and all I heard is Santa Barbara from their song california this morning
lmfao I'm definitely going to play that song when I'm cruising down santa barbara
SquadRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SquadRogue For This Useful Post:
AeroToy (12-16-2014), Sarlacc (12-16-2014), Tcoat (12-16-2014), torqdork (12-16-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 09:13 PM   #44
艾洛

Drives: Raven
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
OP, when you buy a car, don't 'gain' knowledge after you make your purchase. Yes, It is one hell of a sexy car and it is easy to succumb to, but let this be a lesson for you. When you buy anything that you want to put this much time to make sure it's perfect, do the research before hand. The automotive market is quite efficient and effective in this trait.

You're a nice guy, and I like how you want to make sure your car is perfect but it's a 2015 FRS, you have warranty. This doesn't mean you should WOT to red-line the moment you start it drifting out of your neighbourhood in style, but simply that if you are treating the car right, nothing out of the ordinary should occur. If it does occur, your warranty should cover it as it should be a manufacturer's defect.

Take your time, enjoy the car, read the common problems here, and unless the you get a problem that isn't quite listed in the link above or after using the function. That should be your premise for creating a topic about problems.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #45
FRSupra

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
What the fucking fuck??
In all of literature's history, no response was ever more appropriate.
FRSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSupra For This Useful Post:
Burrcold (12-16-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #46
SquadRogue
Banned

Sarcasm plays a huge role in my retardation on the net.

/car is moving
Old 12-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #47
Sarlacc
/dev/null

Drives: Uphill
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,420 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqdork View Post
Or move to Norway.
Not sure that'd help much, but he's very welcome.
Quote:
I don't blame SquadRogue for his attitude. He may be a product of public school education that in the US indoctrinates students with social engineering grounded in victimhood.

I could give numerous recent examples perpetrated by politicians, media and others all proven false but truth doesn't matter much when it counters certain ideologies.
I'm sorry to hear that.
Quote:
I'm sure SquadRogue is a nice guy, too. Possibly misguided at this stage in his life but age and experience combined with sage advice offered in this thread and other 'net forums should give him a missing dose of the realities of life.
Oh, I think he is one of the good guys. He just needs to find his footing in life. It's not his car I'm worried about.
Quote:
Driving his car down Route 1 to Santa Barbara, one of the most beautiful roads on Earth, or international travel would provide relief, be cheaper and more memorable than professional help.
I've travelled a bit. I have even driven Route 1 from LA to San Francisco in a Mustang and yeah, it's a nice road. But as a cure for anxiety at this level? I don't think so.
I still vote professional help, and possibly medication.
Sarlacc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarlacc For This Useful Post:
SquadRogue (12-16-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #48
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 艾洛 View Post

Take your time, enjoy the car, read the common problems here, and unless the you get a problem that isn't quite listed in the link above or after using the function. That should be your premise for creating a topic about problems.
I feel the need to interject a couple of disclaimers here!

1) When reading about problems please do not head right back to your car and see if you can make something fit the symptoms. Far too many people read something here and figure they just must have the same issue. The number of posts that say some silly thing like "I have a weird sound under my car" and then 100 "me too" following it is staggering. Without much more detail saying you have "a noise" is meaningless

2) When people post with little or no data there will still be people that for good or bad will try to remote diagnose it. So you now have somebody say "I have a weird noise under my car", 100 guys say "me too" and some good Samaritan that says "Oh I had that and it was my flux capacitor. It isn't a big deal". With no more than the words "weird noise" they think they can tell what it is. Meanwhile you could be driving around with a wheel falling off or some other major issue that could kill you but dude on the forum said it was the flux capacitor and not a problem.

3) Now is where things start to get really confusing! So you have said "I have a weird noise", 100 guys have said "me too", random stranger says "it is your flux capacitor" and in jumps the flux capacitor "expert" that will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about them. The problem being this "expert" may be full of crap! They sound really good and can be very convincing but it is still crap. They may be followed by a bunch of guys spewing the same crap. Or they could be dead on correct and truly be the expert they seem to be. The problem is that if you are even asking the question you just may not know how to tell what is good vs bad info and advice.

4) OK so, "weird noise"' "me too", "flux capacitor", expert "advice" and now comes the part that sometimes muddies the waters so bad you no longer know what is true. One, two or sometimes several people will jump in with "no that's not right you are a fool" and dispute the first response. This will happen whether it was right or wrong info in the first place. There is a 120 post thread about "what the best air pressure in your tires should be" on here that is the perfect example of this scenario. By the time you get through it all you have no idea what you should actually do!

So what can you do?
Don't believe that you have an issue just because others did.
If you do think you have a problem search for existing threads.
If you do have a question, sit and think it through before you post it. There are guys here (including me as I am no angel) that will have loads of fun with foolish questions.
If your question involves sounds or visuals (not sure what doesn't) prepare a sound clip, video or pics to give at least a little more data to go on.
If you think you have found the info you are after check it against another source or PM somebody you trust from here to get their opinion.

Wow that was longer then I intended!
Attached Images

Mim (12-17-2014), Sarlacc (12-17-2014), SquadRogue (12-16-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #49
Tromatic
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 1,728 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadRogue View Post
And yeah I have anxiety problems closest thing to a shrink to me would be to completely follow the Bible. Cause I admit this life is wacccccccccck. Time to loosen up cause nothings perfect not even the angels.
Wait. That would be RELAXING to you?
Tromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:21 PM   #50
BRZnut

Drives: BRZ DGM Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Op..drive the car and enjoy it. You have a 3 year bumper to bumper warrantee. So if something really goes wrong, its covered at no cost to you. If you find the car is always in the shop, then just move on when the warrantee is up in 3 years and trade it in for something else.
BRZnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #51
SquadRogue
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromatic View Post
Wait. That would be RELAXING to you?
Lead me the way

I don't like depending on anything such as medications except the meditation and renewal of my mind.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #52
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
Not sure that'd help much, but he's very welcome.I'm sorry to hear that.Oh, I think he is one of the good guys. He just needs to find his footing in life. It's not his car I'm worried about.

I've travelled a bit. I have even driven Route 1 from LA to San Francisco in a Mustang and yeah, it's a nice road. But as a cure for anxiety at this level? I don't think so.
I still vote professional help, and possibly medication.
Guys he's not that bad sheesh- just a little worried about his first big new purchase. Medication and professional help? For what- a little bit of forum/automotive incompetence and anxiety? I'm a child of the 90s, but even I know that mood/behavioral medication can wreck significant damage on someone who just needs a good drive or some fresh air. Good lord
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koa For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (12-17-2014), torqdork (12-16-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 11:11 PM   #53
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
Guys he's not that bad sheesh- just a little worried about his first big new purchase. Medication and professional help? For what- a little bit of forum/automotive incompetence and anxiety? I'm a child of the 90s, but even I know that mood/behavioral medication can wreck significant damage on someone who just needs a good drive or some fresh air. Good lord
Right. A car forum is no place to give or receive medical, legal or financial advice except from accredited professionals.
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 01:41 AM   #54
86geek

Drives: 2015 FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Just relax and enjoy your car....Nuff said
86geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #55
Sarlacc
/dev/null

Drives: Uphill
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,420 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I feel the need to interject a couple of disclaimers here!
Wow that was longer then I intended!
That post is pure gold
Sarlacc is offline   Reply With Quote