follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

View Poll Results: How would you rate the design of the 2nd gen 86? 1 lowest & 5 highest
1 10 3.86%
2 17 6.56%
3 49 18.92%
4 113 43.63%
5 70 27.03%
Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 04-08-2021, 11:06 PM   #253
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
The 5x100 squabbles entertain me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (04-09-2021), Tcoat (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 01:00 AM   #254
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRacer View Post
Bunch of poser internet keyboard warriors

Everything I stated was a fact, you girls simply are jealous little bitches.

Literally act like 12 year olds, who live with your parents. I’ve been modding/racing cars longer than you little millennials have been alive. Hope to see you all at one of the nationwide gatherings or meets, oh wait I forgot you stay at home because your scared of the fake Plandemic

You should see my inbox messages from multiple people who thanked me for speaking up against you TCoat, about they’ve never liked you but don’t want to say anything as they know you’ll stalk them to and harass them. You’re an internet bully, but a fucking ***** in real life.

I’ve since moved over to another forum anyhow which is full of adults who can have actual discussions, and different opinions, not high school tweeny bopper BS that goes on here.

Keep harassing people who dare to have different opinions than yourself, you’re the epitome of an internet keyboard warrior. Look at how many posts you have lmfao, you DONT EVEN WORK, you spend all day on this forum, you have no life, literally

You won’t have to worry about my facts & opinions that get your panties in a bunch any longer, I will never return here at all after this post to read or engage any further. Now go ahead with more pointless posts against me that I won’t ever read, but will give you nerds the internet attention you so deeply care about!
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:47 AM   #255
Boccaccio
CAD monkey

Drives: '15 GT86 Giallo - Supercharged
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRacer View Post
Bunch of poser internet keyboard warriors

Everything I stated was a fact, you girls simply are jealous little bitches.

Literally act like 12 year olds, who live with your parents. I’ve been modding/racing cars longer than you little millennials have been alive. Hope to see you all at one of the nationwide gatherings or meets, oh wait I forgot you stay at home because your scared of the fake Plandemic

You should see my inbox messages from multiple people who thanked me for speaking up against you TCoat, about they’ve never liked you but don’t want to say anything as they know you’ll stalk them to and harass them. You’re an internet bully, but a fucking ***** in real life.

I’ve since moved over to another forum anyhow which is full of adults who can have actual discussions, and different opinions, not high school tweeny bopper BS that goes on here.

Keep harassing people who dare to have different opinions than yourself, you’re the epitome of an internet keyboard warrior. Look at how many posts you have lmfao, you DONT EVEN WORK, you spend all day on this forum, you have no life, literally

You won’t have to worry about my facts & opinions that get your panties in a bunch any longer, I will never return here at all after this post to read or engage any further. Now go ahead with more pointless posts against me that I won’t ever read, but will give you nerds the internet attention you so deeply care about!

Whooah, that escalated quickly :O

Boccaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boccaccio For This Useful Post:
KR-S (04-09-2021), soundman98 (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 06:35 AM   #256
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusTheG View Post
I hate to be the person to provide a dire reality, but just from what I see from the Service and Remanufacturing side from OEM's things are not looking good for cheap service parts for cars from before 2008. I'm hopeful more new cars are coming out with compatible parts that could be retrofitted onto older vehicles based on controller logic and programming, but I can guarantee that you will see a greater premium on Service Parts from 2023 onwards.

Just to clarify without going into detail which parts I see already going End of Life (EOL), there is a lot of Chrysler and GM product that are going towards the next generation and are phasing out the older generation service models as fast as possible. Other OEM's are following suit because of how much more demand current Production Plants have to produce with all the new car sales. Contracts are aiming to require longer Service Build durations, but what OEM's are seeing is a certain threshold for how much quantity they can store to support a vehicle for X amount of years. Once they see the trend, they will see from the Supplier to do a final Build Quantity and then phase out the tooling, production lines, and the associated test protocol. Only a few companies that I had or are currently working with will continue supporting the product, but even then the amount of support will be limited (reflash, debugging, but no full manufacturing).

The silver lining in this situation is that there is some good modern CANbus protocols that can work with older models. I'm sure that Toyota/Subaru with their preferred OEM's (Denso, Bosch, etc.) will have support for the Twins due to compatibility with other Production Models. In terms of structural repair, a body shop will always quote with respect to the labor and material acquisition costs but that is always possible based on Product Drawings and Authorized Production Rights. If people need it and will pay for it, someone will make it.
I am seeing similar changes.
Meanwhile we still keep pumping out replacement rotors for the PT Cruiser in unbelievable volumes! Who the hell are still driving these things and why are they so hard on the brakes?
JusTheG (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 08:41 AM   #257
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Man, I love this forum.
Dzmitry (04-12-2021), JusTheG (04-09-2021), KR-S (04-09-2021), soundman98 (04-09-2021), spike021 (04-09-2021), Tcoat (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 08:44 AM   #258
JusTheG

Drives: 2017 Subaru Forester 2.5L Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I am seeing similar changes.
Meanwhile we still keep pumping out replacement rotors for the PT Cruiser in unbelievable volumes! Who the hell are still driving these things and why are they so hard on the brakes?
Isn't that the best part of the Automotive Industry Tcoat? For some odd reason, people buy stuff in DROVES if it's a common wear part or something absolutely necessary for the car. For a lot of ECU's and Electronic Modules, these things can last for a while but I see the same thing too. For some odd reason, Customers/Distributors are buying so much volume of these ECU's and I'm wondering "Who still uses these modules?"

When a product that is older than me and is still in production, I become amazed at what uses it. There are production lines where I still run product made for cars from the late 80's but things are sadly changing when in 2-3 years the production will cease. I just want anyone who has an older car they want to keep driving to make sure to do that Service ASAP if trying to replace something electronically or seeing degradation in the OBDI/early OBDII logic on their cars. Things sadly are not getting cheaper.

And on a side note, for a lot of newer cars with Advanced Radar Sensors (ARS) / Short Range Radar (SRR) sensors be aware that even the cars without Activated Safety detection may still have the sensors integrated into the chassis. I wouldn't be surprised if there are SRR sensors on the Manual BRZ/GR86 that were included in the Car Cost for general installation. There obviously will not be the Eyesight ARS sensors that the Automatics have mounted above the Rearview mirror, but there are features like the rotating LED Low-beam fixtures that makes me wonder what will interact with it for Safety purposes.
JusTheG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JusTheG For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 09:01 AM   #259
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
Man, I love this forum.
The apparent rules (Special Snowflake Edition)

Speculation is encouraged unless your speculation goes against the popular myths.
Passive aggressive insults are fine but if you openly call somebody out for them you are a jerk.

People on a forum think somebody is foolish because they are on the forum more than them. Not really sure how that works but if you don't have any real point to make it is the go to tactic.

Make sure to only read those posts by somebody in one small sub category while ignoring everything else they say. This gives you the perfect insight to judge them.

If you state dislike of anything you automatically are a hater with no right to say anything negative.

If you don't have anything good to say just shut up. Counter arguments are not welcome and you don't even get a participation ribbon.

The Clickbaits are infallible, always 100% accurate and should be taken as gospel.

Real life means nothing since bench racing and assumptions rule over all.

Above all and the leading tenet of The Snowflake Church Of Toyota/Subaru is to always, ALWAYS bow down and kiss their feet for the honour they have bestowed on you by still making performance cars no matter if those cars appeal to you personally or not.
KR-S (04-09-2021), soundman98 (04-09-2021), spcmafia (04-09-2021), spike021 (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 09:20 AM   #260
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I'd move on to something else. The something else would depend on what was available at the time at a reasonable price. I'd likely buy used and move up a bit. Something like a C7 or CTS-V if it happened today.
If I had to replace my car today and could not get a NEW 86/BRZ in any colour other than white, grey., silver or black (doesn't leave much choice) I would probably go with either a mid level Camaro, Supra or a Mita RF. This same order would apply when the new 86/BRZ come out. Hopefully I do not have to replace my current 86 though!
Dadhawk (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 09:51 AM   #261
spcmafia

Quote:
The apparent rules (Special Snowflake Edition)

Speculation is encouraged unless your speculation goes against the popular myths.
Passive aggressive insults are fine but if you openly call somebody out for them you are a jerk.

People on a forum think somebody is foolish because they are on the forum more than them. Not really sure how that works but if you don't have any real point to make it is the go to tactic.

Make sure to only read those posts by somebody in one small sub category while ignoring everything else they say. This gives you the perfect insight to judge them.

If you state dislike of anything you automatically are a hater with no right to say anything negative.

If you don't have anything good to say just shut up. Counter arguments are not welcome and you don't even get a participation ribbon.

The Clickbaits are infallible, always 100% accurate and should be taken as gospel.

Real life means nothing since bench racing and assumptions rule over all.

Above all and the leading tenet of The Snowflake Church Of Toyota/Subaru is to always, ALWAYS bow down and kiss their feet for the honour they have bestowed on you by still making performance cars no matter if those cars appeal to you personally or not.

You forgot 'When in doubt, threat with leaving the forum, but then log in under a different username"
KR-S (04-09-2021), soundman98 (04-09-2021), Tcoat (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 09:52 AM   #262
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
You forgot 'When in doubt, threat with leaving the forum, but then log in under a different username"
And send Tcoat nasty PMS saying you hope he dies a horrible death and/or inviting him to come and fight you!
KR-S (04-09-2021), soundman98 (04-09-2021), spcmafia (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 09:54 AM   #263
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
And send Tcoat nasty PMS saying you hope he dies a horrible death and/or inviting him to come and fight you!
You should respond that if you are to die, you are going out in a blaze of dorifto accident glory on the roads of Mt. Akina in your Hakone edition. And the only way you'll fight them is by touge battle.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sasquachulator For This Useful Post:
dpfarr (04-09-2021), soundman98 (04-09-2021), Tcoat (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #264
spcmafia

Quote:

hot damn, we need screenshots! edgy guy is edgy.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #265
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquachulator View Post
You should respond that if you are to die, you are going out in a blaze of dorifto accident glory on the roads of Mt. Akina in your Hakone edition. And the only way you'll fight them is by touge battle.
I have no idea what any of what you just said even means!
KR-S (04-09-2021), soundman98 (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 10:16 AM   #266
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I have no idea what any of what you just said even means!
Boomer.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
HKz (04-09-2021), KR-S (04-09-2021), Tcoat (04-09-2021)