follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 01-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #15
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Is body roll really the one that limits your speed in curves? Or it's just your confidence doesn't allow to push more due subjective feels from roll?
On what tires you are driving on track?
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to churchx For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (01-12-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 04:54 PM   #16
JeremyR

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
Is body roll really the one that limits your speed in curves? Or it's just your confidence doesn't allow to push more due subjective feels from roll?
On what tires you are driving on track?

It's my understanding that too much body roll makes quicker transitions/weight transfer more difficult, but not enough body roll with cause you to have less grip because there is less weight transfer.

imho, tires play a bigger roll (if not the biggest) in determining how much grip your car has.

it's tough to determine what one element is the limiting factor in maximum cornering speed.

if you have two vehicles with the same suspension setups, but different tires, than sure you can say the tire's grip is the limiting factor.

once you start altering a cars suspension/alignment setup, there are too many variables to pinpoint what is holding you back from achieving your maximum corner speed.

ideally, if you're running time attack, and your car has the correct wheel/tire setup (slicks or competition slicks depending on class) the corner speed factor then shifts from your tire to whatever your suspension setup is.

this is why so many people try different setups, alignments, tires, ultimately trying to find what works best for them and the way they drive.

it's all very speculative and a lot of it is driver preference.

i hope this helps. I am by no means an expert so please correct anything I may have gotten wrong.

Last edited by JeremyR; 08-23-2018 at 05:44 PM.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:17 PM   #17
venturaII
Only users lose drugs.

Drives: All the time
Thanked 1,067 Times in 674 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannjf View Post
Decrease body roll, and keep the rear end more firm around tight curves
If you're trying to "keep the rear end more firm around tight curves", then it sounds like you're already unhappy with the car's tail-happy tendencies? If that's the case, then going to a bigger rear bar is just going to amplify that behavior, not reduce it.
Capt Spaulding (01-13-2018), Captain Snooze (01-13-2018), cjd (01-12-2018), FirstWinter (01-12-2018), Icecreamtruk (01-13-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 06:15 PM   #18
Thaeyo

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So I'm using the Perrin rear endlinks on stock away bar. The diagrams that Perrin supply shows flexing/tension on the endlinks with the different spacer combinations.

On my setup, the natural position without flexing is end link towards the front, then 3 spacers to the rear. Correct me if I'm wrong, I wouldn't want flexing right unless I'm looking for a stiffer setup?
Thaeyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
endlinks, perrin, polyurethane, rear swaybar