follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 02-08-2023, 04:54 PM   #1
Christian628

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FT86 Motorsports Review (Would not recommend)

I ordered their 5x100-5x114.3 35mm adapter. I waited 12 days and emailed them asking for a ETA. They said that unfortunately they could not get them until March or April. With how unknown and wide that estimation was I wanted to cancel my order because I was under the impression that it would be 10-15 days like their website says. They then told me that they rushed some and it would be their in 4 days. So obviously I decided to just wait it out. 7 days later I email them and they tell me that it was spacers and not adapters that came in. I asked for a ETA and they offered me other sizes and said they have no ETA. I decided to cancel and they said “perfect”. 4 days later I asked when the refund would go through and they responded 12 business days. After that passes and I still haven’t received it I email them again. 16 or 17 business days later I have not got my refund still and they wont respond to emails. I decide to call. I get hung up on twice and sent to a fake “sorry we aren’t taking customer service calls from November 7th to November 11th” message. Like ok wtf so I keep calling and trying to get though. I eventually stop and make another ticket but get no response. I call again earlier today and finally get through. The man who answers is immediately disrespectful and is talking over me. Starts to complain about how much I have called and saying something about how emails should be enough and that I ordered something from a website. Told me that he cant do anything about my refund. I inform him that I will go through my bank and probably in a rude manor but yeah I was angry. A couple minutes after the phone call the refund is pending on my bank… I then sent a email thanking them in a sarcastic way and informing them that it was ridiculous the way they handled this and I would make sure others don’t make the mistake of shopping with them. If you have had good experiences then so be it. They seem to have good products and thats why I ordered with them in the first place. This wasn’t handled professionally and the tone and way I was spoke to is insane. I would not recommend especially for the any of the custom made products. Do as you wish though I just wanted to keep my promise to them and make everyone aware of the service they gave to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Christian628 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christian628 For This Useful Post:
brandonblt2 (04-04-2023), Busybee (03-24-2023), Clipdat (02-08-2023), Joveen (02-08-2023)
Old 03-21-2023, 09:56 PM   #2
Nfsundrgrnd

Drives: 2013 WR blue sport tech BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Oh buddy, welcome to the trainwreck of a company that is FT86motorsports. Learned my lesson the hard way. They tried to charge me double the price of my product in hidden shipping fees a week after I paid for the product and "fixed"shipping. They told me they'd issue a refund on feb 20 and still have not received my refund. They've ignored my emails since then because I called the hidden fees BS... the guy literally got offended because I called out his shady business practices. The dude pissed me off so much that I bought 2500$ worth of parts from SUBIE SUPPLY CO. right after. This guy literally lost 2500$ in sales because he's an asshat. Gonna call my bank tomorrow to initiate a chargeback.
Nfsundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nfsundrgrnd For This Useful Post:
brandonblt2 (04-04-2023), Busybee (03-24-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 09:34 AM   #3
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Yeah it's strange, I've spent thousands there over the years, and had great chats with one or both of the guys (there are 2 of them iirc) and the worst problem I've ever had was the Perrin strut bar I ordered was not available in the colour I ordered. I got an email asking if it's ok to switch to the black one, I said yes and that was that. In 2017 when I bought my wheels from them, the original set was back ordered so I opted for another set, which was $100 more. When I asked where I can send the difference, the guy said 'don't worry about it, I'll cover it'. It's very strange, on the one hand during my frank conversations with them I understood the problems they were having with whiny customers complaining their product wasn't shipped the next day, on the other hand there are stories like yours that clearly could have been handled better. It's a weird shop for sure. I haven't bought anything from them in over a year and not sure I want to
Old 03-24-2023, 09:35 AM   #4
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
Yeah it's strange, I've spent thousands there over the years, and had great chats with one or both of the guys (there are 2 of them iirc) and the worst problem I've ever had was the Perrin strut bar I ordered was not available in the colour I ordered. I got an email asking if it's ok to switch to the black one, I said yes and that was that. In 2017 when I bought my wheels from them, the original set was back ordered so I opted for another set, which was $100 more. When I asked where I can send the difference, the guy said 'don't worry about it, I'll cover it'. It's very strange, on the one hand during my frank conversations with them I understood the problems they were having with whiny customers complaining their product wasn't shipped the next day, on the other hand there are stories like yours that clearly could have been handled better. It's a weird shop for sure. I haven't bought anything from them in over a year and not sure I want to
We are hearing only one side of the story anyway. The other side may be radically different.
soundman98 (03-25-2023)
Old 03-24-2023, 12:34 PM   #5
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
We are hearing only one side of the story anyway. The other side may be radically different.
but the problem is the sheer number of these stories. I haven't had a serious problem with them yet, but what if I do, you know. Off-putting a bit
Old 03-28-2023, 09:14 AM   #6
Nfsundrgrnd

Drives: 2013 WR blue sport tech BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
but the problem is the sheer number of these stories. I haven't had a serious problem with them yet, but what if I do, you know. Off-putting a bit
I just buy from subie supply and pay the little bit extra for the great customer service. Ft86motorsports ruined their relationship with me after ignoring my 2 emails inquiring about my refund status. Ended up calling my credit card company to initiate a chargeback since they never actually issued the refund a month after I was told they would.
Nfsundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nfsundrgrnd For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (03-29-2023), StraightOuttaCanadaEh (03-28-2023), Teseo (07-04-2023)
Old 07-04-2023, 12:06 AM   #7
NoDemand

Drives: its a stock boy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have ordered from these guys for all of my car parts without issue. It seems like everyone gets a bit of a different experience. Easily my favorite Canadian vendor right now.
NoDemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 04:52 PM   #8
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,921 Times in 1,768 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Their turbo kit is very appealing
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 12:30 PM   #9
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,123 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teseo View Post
Their turbo kit is very appealing
It is decent they're local and know a few people run their kit.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
Teseo (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 03:00 PM   #10
Teseo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
It is decent they're local and know a few people run their kit.
It intrigued me because they offer UEL configuration
Old 07-09-2023, 02:20 PM   #11
villainous_frx
Off to the track!

Drives: '14 Lava 86, '13 WRB BRZ
Thanked 1,150 Times in 462 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
It intrigued me because they offer UEL configuration
So do JDL in the states. https://jdlautodesign.com/products/j...v2-1-turbo-kit
Old 07-09-2023, 02:49 PM   #12
Teseo

Quote:
Originally Posted by villainous_frx View Post
I know they do, a decade ago. But FT86ms price are very tempting. I saw a guy who bought the kit (ft86ms) and had nothing but fitments problems. At least they are in Canada and some could get better deal than the states or overseas
Old 07-09-2023, 03:38 PM   #13
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,123 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
I know they do, a decade ago. But FT86ms price are very tempting. I saw a guy who bought the kit (ft86ms) and had nothing but fitments problems. At least they are in Canada and some could get better deal than the states or overseas
JDL cost is justified by their consistency IMO.

FT86MS has done good stuff, but has a couple different welders over the years. Shop seems more focused on orders these days.

Current welder is pretty solid from what I've heard/seen. Had my front pipe welds redone after one failed which was done by a welder that's no longer there.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
Teseo (07-09-2023), villainous_frx (07-09-2023)
Old 07-10-2023, 10:56 PM   #14
Lynxis

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I've personally had decent experiences buying from ft86motorsports but I'll acknowledge there are a concerning number of people who have reported issues.

I'll just note that if you've got a problem with ft86motorsports.com and don't want to give these guys your money, you should be aware they operate a few other outlets like subiedepot.ca and subieland.ca. I just bring this up because subiesupplyco.ca has that bar at the top of the site advertising free shipping on orders over a certain value and it feels uncomfortably similar to the ft86motorsports owned sites. But they have a real store front in a different city, although there is no reason they can't have the same ownership. Hard to say. If someone can validate one way or the other, then please do. At least their Google reviews look good which isn't something we can say about the ft86motorsports affiliated outlets.
Lynxis is offline   Reply With Quote