follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 06-26-2022, 09:32 PM   #1
baofrs

Drives: 2014 Scion Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for hardware for used exhaust (Greddy)

Hey everyone, new to the forums here. I just picked up a used Greddy Revolution RS (w/ stock front pipe) and it came with no hardware. I'm just wondering if anyone could guide me in the right direction for which gaskets to get, bolts, and nuts, or if I could use my old gaskets and bolts. Thanks for reading
baofrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:04 AM   #2
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,132 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baofrs View Post
Hey everyone, new to the forums here. I just picked up a used Greddy Revolution RS (w/ stock front pipe) and it came with no hardware. I'm just wondering if anyone could guide me in the right direction for which gaskets to get, bolts, and nuts, or if I could use my old gaskets and bolts. Thanks for reading

You can use the old hardware. I'd recommend getting Grimmspeed (2.5''/3'' 2-bolt, Subaru OEM Donut) gaskets for peace of mind. While you're at it, order JDM Exhaust Hangers. It will help with the increased cabin vibrations from switching to a louder exhaust. You can replace the rear 2, but doing all 5 is better.
humfrz (06-28-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 10:13 PM   #3
baofrs

So I ended up installing the exhaust yesterday and I ran into an issue. I couldn't find any way to properly get the spring bolt in (the two bolts connecting from the front pipe to midpipe). When the spring is on the bolt, there's not enough clearance to reach to the other side and get the nut on. Ended up installing it without the spring and there's a pretty bad exhaust leak.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:55 PM   #4
NLSP

Drives: 2014 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You need to push the bolt & spring with some muscle so that enough thread reveals on the other end to quickly hand-tighten the nut a bit, then you can ratchet the rest of the way.
NLSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:51 AM   #5
baofrs

Hmmm that's weird, the spring doesn't budge at all with any type of human strength. Even tried using zipties and a C clamp to compress the spring and I still couldn't get enough clearance for the nut. I'll try to grab a photo of it tomorrow but it's been bugging me all day.

Tags
exhaust, greddy, hardware