follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 05-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #1
kalamitykode
I draiv de cah

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Wheels Knocking

So lately (the past couple of days) I've started to hear a faint knocking sound when I'm slowing to a stop. I may have not noticed it earlier because I tend to have my music up pretty loudly.

It almost sounds like what you hear when you have a tire that's low on air, just a quick thunk with every revolution of the tire. I tried bringing it by a shop and couldn't replicate the noise. He checked around and didn't see anything. I've made sure to get all pebbles and rocks out of the tread of the tires.

It seems to do it more often when I've been going a bit faster, around 45-50mph, but even when I'm driving around my building to the mail box going 15mph in the parking lot, it makes the noise sometimes.

The sound is very low to the ground, definitely not under the hood anywhere.

I'm at about 1300 miles. Haven't done any mods under the hood, still stock wheels and suspension. I did recently get in a wreck (a guy hit my rear passenger side wheel and fender, could easily have caused some wheel damage) but it was in the shop for three weeks getting all that fixed. This is also my first MT car so it could be that I'm doing something wrong with shifting, though I'd like to think I have it down by now. It drives normally, there's never a pull or anything, it's really just the noise.

Any ideas?
Old 05-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
G.I.Choe

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Argento
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dunno if it's the same sound as yours, but my rear passenger side axle makes a very noticeable clicking/clunking noise when accelerating from a stop or slowing down. The mechanic drove my car with me, and was able to replicate it. It's currently in the shop, I'll update once I get my car back.
G.I.Choe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G.I.Choe For This Useful Post:
kalamitykode (05-22-2014)