follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2021, 05:25 PM   #1135
FunnyGopher

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiske View Post
I may have 2 new kits for sale here by the end of next month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
I think he is trying to understand how you came across two Harrop kits that are brand new. ...are you saying you have two Harrop SCs that are brand new and boxed in their original packaging?
This exactly. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
Harrop Supercharger | Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit | ACE Type-A 350 Header + OP | CSG Touring 86 Catback | RacerX Fabrication Catch Can | Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler | Tuned by Zach from CSG
FunnyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 01:29 AM   #1136
Kiske

Drives: RX-7 / BRZ
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,081 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
I dislike interweb bragging, so I don't tend to do it. But, a yes to all of irace's speculations... before family, and responsibilities I'd drop everything and spend every other weekend at the track. At best I get 1 track day a year anymore.

2 brand new kits still in their red crates bought from Xero Limit for the tS' engines. I've been on the fence about finishing the builds or just selling it all and grabbing a turn key car such as a MKV GT4 or a 991 GT2RS. Not having multiple builds, projects (time needed) and a basement warehouse of parts looming would clear up tons of time and stress. Too much of a hobby burnout resulted in negative effects on the enjoyment.

Sadly, I don't think I can ever go back to enjoying the twins in stock form at this point.

Right now it is just stubbornness and pride keeping me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kiske For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (06-01-2021), FunnyGopher (06-01-2021), grumpysnapper (06-01-2021), Irace86.2.0 (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 02:25 PM   #1137
FunnyGopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiske View Post
2 brand new kits still in their red crates bought from Xero Limit for the tS' engines.
Thank you for some more background.

I'm going to ask CSG about what, if any, warranty information might carry over in a situation where you were willing to part with one of those kits. I'd like to retain any kind of support that comes with a brand new one, so if anything is weird about second hand ownership then I might wait for the new kits, or something can be negotiated.

This is all assuming you want to actually sell them, which I'm not assuming as you seem a bit torn over it. I'll start DM'ing you if this goes any further, and we can discuss from there.
Harrop Supercharger | Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit | ACE Type-A 350 Header + OP | CSG Touring 86 Catback | RacerX Fabrication Catch Can | Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler | Tuned by Zach from CSG
Old 06-05-2021, 10:57 PM   #1138
kg17

Drives: 2015 BRZ Crystal White Pearl
Apparently just got one of the last Harrop SC kits made. Right from the start, things were not good. They forgot 2 plugs and had to send them to me afterwards. They didn't send the boot to connect their clean side air intake box to the throttle body and was missing some clips and clamps to connect the tubes with the intercooler and pump. The boot seems stretched out to the max to be able to connect the air intake tube to the throttle body. The holes don't exactly line up to screw in the MAF sensor. Their clean side air intake box didn't line up exactly with my stock dirty side air intake so we had to shave a little bit off the tab to make it fit and clamp together. This definitely doesn’t feel like the plug and play experience that I've read here. Feels as if the kit came from Australia here and got inspected but upon repackaging, things got messed up. Got the CARB tune and programmed the ECU. This is where I need some help from others. Check engine lite is on with 3 codes. P0171 System too lean Bank 1 - C1201 ABS ecu - B14A1 sunload sensor. While at an idle, it fluctuates between 500 to 1000 rpm. When it is low near 500 rpm, it feels like a shuddering and car is about to die. We sprayed all the vacuum hoses and there's no vacuum leak. Tech thinks it's either fuel or tune related. Also, when I activate the cruise control, the light comes on but would not set and can't turn it off either. Anybody else experienced these same issues? Help!

Last edited by kg17; 06-07-2021 at 12:38 AM.
kg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:14 AM   #1139
grumpysnapper

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg17 View Post
Apparently just got one of the last Harrop SC kits made. Right from the start, things were not good. They forgot 2 plugs and had to send them to me afterwards. They didn't send the boot to connect their clean side air intake box to the throttle body and was missing some clips and clamps to connect the tubes with the intercooler and pump. The boot seems stretched out to the max to be able to connect the air intake tube to the throttle body. The holes don't exactly line up to screw in the MAF sensor. Their clean side air intake box didn't line up exactly with my stock dirty side air intake so we had to shave a little bit off the tab to make it fit and clamp together. This definitely doesn’t feel like the plug and play experience that I've read here. Feels as if the kit came from Australia here and got inspected but upon repackaging, things got messed up. Got the CARB tune and programmed the ECU. This is where I need some help from others. Check engine lite is on with 3 codes. P0171 System too lean Bank 1 - C1201 ABS ecu - B14A1 sunload sensor. While at an idle, it fluctuates between 500 to 1000 rpm. When it is low near 500 rpm, it feels like a shuddering and car is about to die. We sprayed all the vacuum hoses and there's no vacuum leak. Tech thinks it's either fuel or tune related. Also, when I activate the cruise control, the light comes on but would not set and can't turn it off either. Anybody else experienced these same issues? Help!
That sounds really disappointing for you, I feel your pain mate!
Its really unusual for the kit not to be fully complete and ready to bolt on.... I've not really heard of things totally missing when you open that gorgeous crate!
Although it is "plug and play", there can sometimes be very minor physical "adjustments" needed.
I don't know about the specifics of the CARB tune, and I bought the kit with the Ecutek complete, but when I first started my car, after following the guide lines it was ok, but not super smooth. Thats when you send Harrop the a short running log from the Ecutek, which they will look at and tweak for you.
But that may or may not be how it is done over your way, or perhaps there is some other difference....
Certainly had no issues with warning lights or cruise control etc.
I'm sure your US Harrop guys will be more than happy to help you solve the issues.
And trust me, then you are gonna quickly love it!
grumpysnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 10:42 PM   #1140
kg17

Update to prior posting - tuner suggested we spray and monitor short term fuel trims. We did this and and no leaks on any of the vacuum hoses. We did get idle fluctuations when we sprayed the back of the supercharger where the plates are. Tuner think it's possible an o-ring(s) are leaking. I'm thinking missing since a lot of parts were missing. Now we have remove the supercharger and send it back under warranty. FML!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2021, 02:29 PM   #1141
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Selling my Harrop supercharger:

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145975
Old 07-03-2021, 09:54 PM   #1142
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg17 View Post
Apparently just got one of the last Harrop SC kits made.

Where did you hear they were discontinuing making the SC? It’s still listed in all package forms on Harrops site and I’ve seen nothing posted on their IG or website.

I planned to get the kit in about 2 years since I live local to their hq.. (still have low kms and want to stay NA for now)
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 10:33 PM   #1143
kg17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyGopher View Post
I've been told by CSG that Harrop has put their BRZ kit manufacturing on hold while they develop/retool their current manufacturing processes to account for the new car, the idea being they can manufacture the kit for both engines on the same line. Estimated time of restock is end of year.
Apparently back on 5/25/21 that was posted by FunnyGopher. I placed my order early in the year.
Old 07-04-2021, 01:31 AM   #1144
FunnyGopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
Where did you hear they were discontinuing making the SC? It’s still listed in all package forms on Harrops site and I’ve seen nothing posted on their IG or website.
They're not discontinuing it, just putting the manufacturing on hold while they redesign tooling to build FA24 kits as well.

In regards to not seeing anything about it publicly, I have seen the same thing. No social media posts, not announcements, etc. I learned from CSG as I was going to purchase one, they told me they couldn't. They already had a few on backorder at the time, and then had Harrop get back to them that those orders were not going to be fulfilled. I also asked Neil at The Racer's Line if he had any, and he confirmed the same thing, telling me that no one has been able to get any kits for months.

You might have better luck since you're local? Not sure. At least in the states there are no new kits available.
The Following User Says Thank You to FunnyGopher For This Useful Post:
Sam86 (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 11:59 AM   #1145
Irace86.2.0

I don’t know if this will effect their CARB status on their kits, but most likely, any changes to the manifold will require a new EO number from CARB. Most likely they will design a single package and go through the EO process on all previous years.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #1146
Irace86.2.0

Supercharger sold, but I have two pulleys and a belt for sale: 75mm pulley and belt, and I have a 85mm pulley.

PM me for a faster response.

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146288

I also have an ECU with a CARB tune and sticker.

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146287

Last edited by Irace86.2.0; 07-29-2021 at 11:54 AM.
Irace86.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Irace86.2.0 For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (07-29-2021)
Old 07-31-2021, 07:07 PM   #1147
Bodalenko
Steve Bodalenko

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
You can bet that if Harrop are redesigning the product it will be a better product and the wait will be worth it. These guys don’t reinvent the wheel so to speak just for the fun of it..
Bodalenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:47 PM   #1148
FunnyGopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodalenko View Post
You can bet that if Harrop are redesigning the product it will be a better product and the wait will be worth it. These guys don’t reinvent the wheel so to speak just for the fun of it..
This is my thought exactly. It's either going to be the exact same thing, or better. I'm fine with either.