follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 07-26-2019, 05:41 PM   #15
Feistyfrog

Drives: Toyota 86 2019
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Btw I'm on 18x8.5 Superspeed RF03RR flow formed in gunmetal. Very solid wheels so far with the atrocious street condition in Montréal.
Attached Images

Feistyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:00 AM   #16
Kcc-Breeze

Drives: 2019 BRZ RS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feistyfrog View Post
Btw I'm on 18x8.5 Superspeed RF03RR flow formed in gunmetal. Very solid wheels so far with the atrocious street condition in Montréal.

Damn I wish I don’t have brembo now, mine comes with brembo not sure if I can fit on those sexy rims. Btw do u have exactly how much the trd drops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kcc-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:14 AM   #17
Feistyfrog

Hard to say exactly how much drop I got since I received the car with the TRD from the dealership, but it's definitly about an inch all around if I compare with one of my employee's stock BRZ.

Btw, we tried one and they clear the PP brakes on the BRZ. So I suppose they also clear most big brakes kits for the twins. It's actually my next mod...in a couple of weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Feistyfrog For This Useful Post:
Kcc-Breeze (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 11:21 AM   #18
Kcc-Breeze

Quote:
Hard to say exactly how much drop I got since I received the car with the TRD from the dealership, but it's definitly about an inch all around if I compare with one of my employee's stock BRZ.

Btw, we tried one and they clear the PP brakes on the BRZ. So I suppose they also clear most big brakes kits for the twins. It's actually my next mod...in a couple of weeks.

The more I look at your picture the more perfect it look. The gap is like 1/2” gap and it’s exactly what I want for mine. Would you say sportline would drop way too much then ? That extra .4”

Old 07-27-2019, 02:19 PM   #19
Feistyfrog

I feel you man. I've been looking for months here to find the best fit for me. Then I ordered the car with TRD springs and waited two more months to receive it, so I spent more time finding the best wheels possible.

At some point I became so obsessed by the gap, without knowing how it would come up, that I was constantly looking to find more pictures of twins with TRD's.

Then I got mine, was really happy with the result and never looked back. I have a little less than half an inch of gap on all four corners.

I've never been in a twin with Sportline but it has to be harsher. I think they might work best with upgraded shocks. The Pro Kit (TRD) will last forever on stock shocks or at least 100 000kms since they are on full warranty from Toyota with a new car.

If that can help, I think having a gap smaller than the tire thickness always looks better and it's a good way to "measure" it.
Kcc-Breeze (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 07:01 PM   #20
Kcc-Breeze

Quote:
I feel you man. I've been looking for months here to find the best fit for me. Then I ordered the car with TRD springs and waited two more months to receive it, so I spent more time finding the best wheels possible.

At some point I became so obsessed by the gap, without knowing how it would come up, that I was constantly looking to find more pictures of twins with TRD's.

Then I got mine, was really happy with the result and never looked back. I have a little less than half an inch of gap on all four corners.

I've never been in a twin with Sportline but it has to be harsher. I think they might work best with upgraded shocks. The Pro Kit (TRD) will last forever on stock shocks or at least 100 000kms since they are on full warranty from Toyota with a new car.

If that can help, I think having a gap smaller than the tire thickness always looks better and it's a good way to "measure" it.

Yeah same here. There’s a used set of trd for sale here as well but I’m just super scared it won’t be as low as I wanted ( ur gap) do I know if the gap of yours with stock wheels is how many fingers? Or inches?

I just wish someone can actually confirm the prokit is exactly 100% same with the trd spring then I’ll definitely pull the trigger 100%

Old 07-27-2019, 07:24 PM   #21
Vital

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcc-Breeze View Post
I just wish someone can actually confirm the prokit is exactly 100% same with the trd spring then I’ll definitely pull the trigger 100%

Why does it matter if they are exactly the same when its been proven everywhere that it lower the car 1". They both are great springs for this car and you cant go wrong with either. There is no way to really prove they are exactly the same spring, but there is strong speculation that they are.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vital For This Useful Post:
Kcc-Breeze (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 08:32 PM   #22
Feistyfrog

They are the same thing, just rebranded so dealerships can offer them as a "Toyota" part. It's also the way they should offer the car from factory IMO.

If you don't plan on "cheating" the gap by installing bigger wheels or tires, be aware that you'll have almost 1/4" more gap than my previous pics.

But again, even with the stock tires and the TRD's the gap will still be smaller than the tire height (thickness). That's the main thing if you don't want the akward stock stance.
Kcc-Breeze (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 09:27 PM   #23
Kcc-Breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
Why does it matter if they are exactly the same when its been proven everywhere that it lower the car 1". They both are great springs for this car and you cant go wrong with either. There is no way to really prove they are exactly the same spring, but there is strong speculation that they are.

Very true my friend. Since they lower 1” I guess I’ll just buy the used set locally !! Thanks I was just worry Cus somewhere I heard they only lowered 0.5”-0.7” that’s like nothing

The Following User Says Thank You to Kcc-Breeze For This Useful Post:
Vital (07-28-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 09:28 PM   #24
Kcc-Breeze

Quote:
They are the same thing, just rebranded so dealerships can offer them as a "Toyota" part. It's also the way they should offer the car from factory IMO.

If you don't plan on "cheating" the gap by installing bigger wheels or tires, be aware that you'll have almost 1/4" more gap than my previous pics.

But again, even with the stock tires and the TRD's the gap will still be smaller than the tire height (thickness). That's the main thing if you don't want the akward stock stance.

Thanks for the heads up you helped me a lot!! Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Kcc-Breeze For This Useful Post:
Feistyfrog (07-28-2019)
Old 07-28-2019, 03:35 PM   #25
Vital

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcc-Breeze View Post
Very true my friend. Since they lower 1” I guess I’ll just buy the used set locally !! Thanks I was just worry Cus somewhere I heard they only lowered 0.5”-0.7” that’s like nothing

There were some JDM TRD springs that lower only .5" or 15mm, but the ones you get for the North American market lower the car 1". If you're getting a deal on a local set you should go for it!
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vital For This Useful Post:
Kcc-Breeze (07-29-2019)
Old 11-24-2020, 08:29 AM   #26
golemslord

Drives: 2014 White FRS
Revival thread.... but anyone know if 245/40/18 will clear no rubs on 18x9.5+35 on trd springs.

was also looking into 255/40/18 ........

currently 245/35/18 trd springs no issues

trying to get rid of some wheel gap
golemslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:03 PM   #27
botbs

Drives: 18 BRZ tS, 27 GRMN 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by golemslord View Post
Revival thread.... but anyone know if 245/40/18 will clear no rubs on 18x9.5+35 on trd springs.

was also looking into 255/40/18 ........

currently 245/35/18 trd springs no issues

trying to get rid of some wheel gap
Any pic of your car? are you on 18x9.5+35 with 245/35/18 tires with TRD spring and factory shocks?

Thanks!
botbs is offline   Reply With Quote