follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
EAGLE5, finch1750, go_a_way1, iManage, KR-S, MisterSheep, Tcoat, Ultramaroon

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 01:31 AM   #49533
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Oh and I made the mistake of ordering and consuming one of their nasty ass burgers before as well which also fucked my stomach and made me crave water because of how salty it was. Bullshit preformed frozen patties that they probably buy from Costco or some wholesaler and then try to pass off as gourmet fresh Northern California cuisine.
You would have been lucky if the burgers had come from Costco -

The workaround is lots and lots of catsup -

humfrz
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2018, 01:32 AM   #49534
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
How is sitting in the shade and enjoying it suddenly "beneath us", simply because I said their food sucks? Not seeing the correlation there.

"I went for the atmosphere" - Yeah, that's what they have there. And they know it, so you basically pay premium prices for their shitty food, just to enjoy the location and whatnot. It's a dishonest business strategy that maximizes their profit. They don't project positive energy or care about the community that supports them. If they did, they wouldn't serve shit food.

Let's not forget the grumpy employee that one morning before they were even fucking open for business, who not so jokingly told us that we were all going to have to move our cars because we were "blocking" something or other. Basically talking shit and trying his best to exert his "authority" over us by threatening our gathering. Great way to treat your customers.
The last part was facetious.

Anywho, the thing about it is if I want to make use of the atmosphere then it's 'right' to order something. So, yeah, might as well order food. I haven't personally had health issues the two or three times I've eaten there maybe my stomach sensitivities have just desensitized me to their problematic food.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
Old 10-17-2018, 01:47 AM   #49535
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
The last part was facetious.

Anywho, the thing about it is if I want to make use of the atmosphere then it's 'right' to order something. So, yeah, might as well order food. I haven't personally had health issues the two or three times I've eaten there maybe my stomach sensitivities have just desensitized me to their problematic food.
Then again, maybe your digestive system is just used to the microbes in the water up there, after all, you do live in San Jose, which is close to Milpitas -

I reckon ol @Clipdat has a harder time adjusting.

The workaround it to put iodine tablets in the local water.-

humfrz
Old 10-17-2018, 01:50 AM   #49536
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Lol Roger. Thanks for the tip about their water issues. I'll keep that in mind if I end up there again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
humfrz (10-17-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 02:38 AM   #49537
humfrz

Since we are talking about being sick - I'll sign off with a "sick" story.

It was a hot July day in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico when me a couple of buddies decided to charter a small boat and go sport fishing. Yep, back in the 60s Cabo was a small fishing village with only one modern hotel (which we did not stay at).

So, just as we were boarding (all three of us totally hung over/still drunk) I saw my one buddy swigging out of a beer bottle and not using a straw. I reminded that they cool the beer with the same "contaminated" frozen water that can make the gringo really sick.

In addition, he was from Omaha and had never been deep sea fishing. Oh, boy!

Along about 10 AM we got out to the fishing grounds and the Cabo sun was beating down and it was hot and humid. About that time my one buddy was down below in this little "John" area with a bad case of diarrhea AND puking because he was seasick. He would sit and shit then get up and barf - in the same bucket.

So, after a while we felt so sorry for him, we told the Captain to take us back to shore.

THE END

humfrz
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (10-17-2018), spike021 (10-17-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 07:16 AM   #49538
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,240 Times in 8,609 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Shouldn't you be driving one of your 3 sports cars?
Yes. I have a feeling I will be sick a lot between now and next summer. In fact, I'm feeling under the weather this morning. I think a drive to Pacifica for some steamed clams will make me feel better today.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:25 AM   #49539
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
A parsec is a unit of distance...
I'm pretty sure that's the joke.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:38 AM   #49540
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Now that you mention it, I have gotten the runs from their gross ass breakfast. Maybe the cause was the nasty ass stove that Josh spotted.
If your ever in the area on a Sunday after 2pm drive up Skyline from Alice's a bit to the Mountain House for a burger in the bar area. Their food is 5 star.

http://www.themountainhouse.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (10-18-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 07:42 AM   #49541
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,937 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
If your ever in the area on a Sunday after 2pm drive up Skyline from Alice's a bit to the Mountain House for a burger in the bar area. Their food is 5 star.
So, based on the discussion here, why does anyone go to Alice's? I'm missing something obvious I guess.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Old 10-17-2018, 07:48 AM   #49542
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
So, based on the discussion here, why does anyone go to Alice's? I'm missing something obvious I guess.
Just a well known gathering spot for cars and bikes. Food is hit and miss. Tcoat and I had a good breakfast there. I had a buffalo burger there once that was great, the next time not so much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (10-17-2018), spike021 (10-17-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 08:36 AM   #49543
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,937 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Random Rant of the Day

Now that is officially dark outside on my morning commute I would like to say:

I REALLY HATE DRLs!

The roads I drive on to work are two and four lane rural highways that are DARK when it is dark. I ran up on or passed no less than 4 cars today, all dark colored, that were running with their lights off, the driver's clueless because their DRLs were bright enough they could see so they "thought" their lights were on. I'm guessing they had no dash lights but didn't care.

If cars are going to have DRLs that are bright enough to drive by, then they also should be required to have automatic lights in general. I'm not one for mandated "features" but if you are going to do it, don't do it half ass.

OK, I feel better now.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Leonardo (10-17-2018), ScoobsMcGee (10-17-2018), Spuds (10-17-2018), x808drifter (10-17-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 08:44 AM   #49544
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:

I REALLY HATE DRLs!

The roads I drive on to work are two and four lane rural highways that are DARK when it is dark. I ran up on or passed no less than 4 cars today, all dark colored, that were running with their lights off, the driver's clueless because their DRLs were bright enough they could see so they "thought" their lights were on. I'm guessing they had no dash lights but didn't care.

If cars are going to have DRLs that are bright enough to drive by, then they also should be required to have automatic lights in general. I'm not one for mandated "features" but if you are going to do it, don't do it half ass.

OK, I feel better now.
I catch myself doing it all the time in the Lotus because the DRLs are the low beams. Hate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (10-17-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 09:12 AM   #49545
echo419

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,057 Times in 1,879 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:

I REALLY HATE DRLs!

OK, I feel better now.
I see this all the time too. it's just a damn shame they don't run into each other and save us the trouble.
The Following User Says Thank You to echo419 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (10-17-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #49546
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
I mean, yeah, that's a given, lol. I've gotten bone cold biscuits and gravy there before like it was no big deal .

I went for the atmosphere and a quiet place to eat. The weather was perfect to sit out on the patio in the shade and enjoy some quiet time.

But if that kinda thing is beneath you guys, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Just a well known gathering spot for cars and bikes. Food is hit and miss. Tcoat and I had a good breakfast there. I had a buffalo burger there once that was great, the next time not so much.

I have the tee shirt to prove it.
I am pretty sure that Spike was invited that morning as well!
Sapphireho (10-17-2018), spike021 (10-17-2018)
Closed Thread

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, no politics, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, trackmyfarts, tylerlieberman is a cuck, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis