follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 10-25-2016, 01:55 PM   #15
shattered_memory

Drives: Satin White BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twag4 View Post
Whiteline caster correcting bushings. KCA-434 is the part number.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I already installed energy poly bushings for front LCA. I probably should have gotten the whiteline bushings in the first place lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
Some of the other suggestion might help, but the most cost-effective would be slight toe-in at the front. It will make it stay in lane better too, but at the cost of turn-in.

Personally, I'll take a light feel (toe out) and good turn in over heavy steering feel.

With toe, we are talking miniscle differences with large effect. Try 0.05 inch deg toe-in instead of 0.
Thanks for the advice! I want the best in both worlds for turn in and steering weight. I will probably go -2 degrees of camber in front with a little bit of toe out in the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
There are some bigger steering bolts and you can change also the bushings. Image of bolts:

After installation it is definetly heavier, but after a few days you'll get used to it ...
After your post, I went ahead and ordered a set of the STI bolts. I currently have energy poly steering rack bushings,but with the stock bolt.
shattered_memory is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shattered_memory For This Useful Post:
nikitopo (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #16
ap5512

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm glad I ran into this thread. Last year I got RCE Yellows installed and noticed a huge difference in handling but that was to be expected. I think i noticed the lighter steering the most and i wasn't a huge fan of that. I went back and checked the alignment report and saw that the car had negative toe up front and I had asked to be dialed back to 0 degrees thinking any amount of toe wasn't good. This thread helped answer the question as to why the steering feels so light...not a bad thing but I also prefer just a tad more heavy-ness.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:04 PM   #17
twag4

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
[QUOTE=shattered_memory;2783015]Thanks for the suggestion, but I already installed energy poly bushings for front LCA. I probably should have gotten the whiteline bushings in the first place lol

Easy to change, and not too expensive. You will get the results you're after.