follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 09-22-2022, 10:11 PM   #365
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I had a written agreement that said the deposit was refundable if they did not have a firm order with a VIN within 3 months.
"The times they are a changing".... That dealer would be insisting on an 8 month term in the current environment.
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sport-Tech For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 06:52 AM   #366
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport-Tech View Post
"The times they are a changing".... That dealer would be insisting on an 8 month term in the current environment.
Exactly.
The 90 day stipulation was what I insisted on since the cars were at the end of their production run and if they could not get me the Hakone within that period I was going to go with a BRZ PP. The clock was ticking and there was no time to mess around. Of course when I started the process COVID was just a treat on the other side of the planet and barely made the news.

When we ordered my wife's Ascent this February they said it would probably be 6 to 8 weeks but we drew up the order with the deposit being refundable after 6 months. Again the condition applied that if a VIN was received within that period it would become nonrefundable at that point. The car actually took 8 months but we were fine with that and did not cancel since I understood the circumstances.

When shopping for her we were considering a Highlander or the Ascent and an interesting point was how each dealer was willing to address the trade in value of her Outback. Used cars were at the very top price in February but the bottom could drop out of the market at any time so I wanted a commitment from the dealer as to the trade in value when the Ascent finally arrived. Subaru did their appraisal and offered us just under what we had originally paid for it. They were willing to document that the trade in value would remain the same until the new car arrived no matter how long that was. The only conditions that they put on it was that any new damage would affect the offer and we had to keep the mileage within 10,000 Kms of what it was when appraised. Toyota on the other hand looked and me and laughed when I said I wanted a commitment to a trade in value. Their response was simply "we will determine that when the new car comes in". Knowing that a Highlander would be at least 6 months away and the used car market could tank at any time we said thanks and headed back to Subaru. We traded in the Outback with an additional 9,832 miles and Subaru completely honoured the deal.
Sport-Tech (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 01:16 PM   #367
Rustyoid

Drives: 2022 GR86
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport-Tech View Post
1 new allocation for the entire country in what? A month? Great job, Toyota!
Notes TCI sent with the stock allocation,

"Only Premium MT Available"

So sounds like only Premium MT is being built for Canada market in this current production run. They are trying! (PS subaru "builds" them so thanks subaru! :P)
Rustyoid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rustyoid For This Useful Post:
Ambassador Foolish (09-24-2022), Ghost of Akina (09-23-2022), Sport-Tech (09-23-2022), Tcoat (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 01:17 PM   #368
Rustyoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg86 View Post
Thank you for all the time spent doing this Rustyoid. I've been waiting since ordering 6+ months with no allocation still and you helped me get an allocation today at MSRP.
AWW YEA LOVE TO HEAR THAT!! ENJOY MY FRIEND!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rustyoid For This Useful Post:
roddy (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 04:56 PM   #369
Snoozy

Drives: Ordered a GR86 current car LexusIS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I ordered a premium auto in June. Does this mean I won’t be getting my car this year???
Snoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 05:02 PM   #370
Ghost of Akina

Drives: DE5 Integra Type S
Garage
ooh maybe my Premium MT will be in sooner that I thought!
Old 09-23-2022, 05:08 PM   #371
Rustyoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Akina View Post
ooh maybe my Premium MT will be in sooner that I thought!
sold order fulfillment is "today" (its always a few days late) so any filled "factory orders" should be visible to the individual dealers anywhere from 30 seconds-7 days.. just remember i cant see other dealers orders, only allocated stock. there will definitely be orders filled if only one build was allocated as stock
Ghost of Akina (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 05:15 PM   #372
Snoozy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyoid View Post
sold order fulfillment is "today" (its always a few days late) so any filled "factory orders" should be visible to the individual dealers anywhere from 30 seconds-7 days.. just remember i cant see other dealers orders, only allocated stock. there will definitely be orders filled if only one build was allocated as stock
Does this mean my premium auto order in June will potential by fulfilled? Currently in “pending fulfilment” stage
Old 09-23-2022, 05:47 PM   #373
Rustyoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozy View Post
Does this mean my premium auto order in June will potential by fulfilled? Currently in “pending fulfilment” stage
possibly, but unlikely this month. Just based on the notes from the stock allocation "only premium MT available" sounds like they are only building premium MT this cycle for Canada. Its still possible a few autos/base mt are being built and used for orders. But there were none "leftover" to allocate as stock, when typically there always has been a few autos sent out as stock.

So they are either building no autos for Canada in this current cycle, or very very few and every build will be used for an order.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:02 PM   #374
fatboydean

Drives: 2016 BRZ Hikari
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
possibly, but unlikely this month. Just based on the notes from the stock allocation "only premium MT available" sounds like they are only building premium MT this cycle for Canada. Its still possible a few autos/base mt are being built and used for orders. But there were none "leftover" to allocate as stock, when typically there always has been a few autos sent out as stock.

So they are either building no autos for Canada in this current cycle, or very very few and every build will be used for an order.
So I guess my premium MT ordered back in Apr should be 'fulfilled' soon?
fatboydean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatboydean For This Useful Post:
Ghost of Akina (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 06:28 PM   #375
Rustyoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboydean View Post
fingers crossed for you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rustyoid For This Useful Post:
fatboydean (09-23-2022), Ghost of Akina (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 07:01 PM   #376
Snoozy

Quote:

ahh gotcha! typically how many cycles does Toyota/Subaru have in a given year? pretty much gave up hope on getting my car this year.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:08 PM   #377
Rustyoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozy View Post
ahh gotcha! typically how many cycles does Toyota/Subaru have in a given year? pretty much gave up hope on getting my car this year.
Well the allocations go out to dealers month to month, but the factories have their own schedules. Toyota Canada receives planned build lists from the factories and then divides that up to the dealers. These days the factories are always behind and needs to catch up from the previous month so its very inconsistent. But ideally they are consistently building and sending out a list every month
Ambassador Foolish (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 11:09 AM   #378
Razorwing

Drives: Trueno Halo White 2023 Toyota GR 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboydean View Post
So I should be in the same batch.. ordered in early May. lol.
Razorwing is offline   Reply With Quote