follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2021, 01:07 AM   #3109
reni
Nobody beats the B[I|R]Z
 
reni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: shopping cart i stole from walmart
Location: somewhere
Posts: 939
Thanks: 262
Thanked 1,145 Times in 456 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just underscores how laughable the deluge of "Hamilton gracious in defeat" stories in the media a few days ago was. Like did nobody watch the entire rest of the season when he was constantly slamming his own team every time he made a mistake? The award ceremony was an easy chance to show himself as the better man: accept the award like an adult, congratulate Max but also make the point that the FIA needs to improve. But no, just another temper tantrum.

Max suffered greater injustices during the season, but was comparatively stoic about it. If Ham is really that fragile then yeah it's probably better that he quit.
reni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reni For This Useful Post:
Spuds (12-18-2021), TommyW (12-18-2021), TylerLieberman (12-18-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 04:56 PM   #3110
strat61caster
-
 
strat61caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: '13 FRS
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 10,050
Thanks: 13,311
Thanked 9,108 Times in 4,802 Posts
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
He signed a two year deal that ends at the end of the 2023 season. Plus, he has an additional deal that gives him some job within Mercedes which I believe goes well past 2023.
Besides, he's Sir Lewis Freakin' Hamilton now, who would dare penalize his lordship?
Does nobody remember Ferrari throwing temper tantrums throughout the '00s and '10s? Threatening to leave the sport over technical regs and spending caps and penalties? Standard political posturing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reni View Post
Max suffered greater injustices during the season, but was comparatively stoic about it. If Ham is really that fragile then yeah it's probably better that he quit.
lmao, do you get like a different race feed then the rest of us? Like do they just cut away every time Max misses an apex by a mile and pushes someone off track?

Keep swingin, maybe your boy will win another one with your help.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
ineedyourdiddly
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
daiheadjai (12-18-2021), NoHaveMSG (12-18-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 08:24 PM   #3111
TylerLieberman
Senior Member
 
TylerLieberman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: '20 Hakone 86
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,633
Thanks: 651
Thanked 3,280 Times in 1,549 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Does nobody remember Ferrari throwing temper tantrums throughout the '00s and '10s? Threatening to leave the sport over technical regs and spending caps and penalties? Standard political posturing.



lmao, do you get like a different race feed then the rest of us? Like do they just cut away every time Max misses an apex by a mile and pushes someone off track?

Keep swingin, maybe your boy will win another one with your help.
Nah. Max had a relatively flat affect most of the time when asked about things that happened after the race. Iím the heat of the moment, he was as charged as anybody else was in competitive situations.

Maybe one day people will just take their L with Hamilton and move on. If we add up every questionable call the FIA made this year, and the two times Mercedes sent Max off track and into orbit, Max won the championship 3 events ago anyways.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (12-19-2021), TommyW (12-18-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 08:33 PM   #3112
TommyW
Senior Member
 
TommyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: '13 Whiteout
Location: San Clemente
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 455
Thanked 1,095 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
That particular instance was a slap to LH however it probably balanced out over the whole season.
It’s a car race….
TommyW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TommyW For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (12-19-2021), reni (12-19-2021), TylerLieberman (12-18-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 09:08 PM   #3113
strat61caster
-
 
strat61caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: '13 FRS
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 10,050
Thanks: 13,311
Thanked 9,108 Times in 4,802 Posts
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
Maybe one day people will just take their L with Hamilton and move on. If we add up every questionable call the FIA made this year, and the one times Mercedes sent Max off track and into orbit, Max won the championship 3 events ago anyways.
Max had an incredible season no doubt, had the pace to be on the podium every race, only shot himself in the foot three times, and he got his championship no ifs ands or buts imho.

I just think his racecraft is shit and can't remember a single clean pass he's made for position ever. But that's partially the fault of the F1 rules being dumb and promoting running your competitors off track.

Edit: if you still think Lewis was wrong for Silverstone for missing an Apex and running wide on the inside max should be your least favorite driver on the grid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
ineedyourdiddly

Last edited by strat61caster; 12-18-2021 at 09:21 PM.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
rice_classic (12-29-2021), Spuds (12-18-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 09:24 PM   #3114
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 7,681
Thanks: 21,216
Thanked 9,746 Times in 4,907 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Max had an incredible season no doubt, had the pace to be on the podium every race, only shot himself in the foot three times, and he got his championship no ifs ands or buts imho.

I just think his racecraft is shit and can't remember a single clean pass he's made for position ever. But that's partially the fault of the F1 rules being dumb and promoting running your competitors off track.
I remember Max really impressing me early on this year. A lot changed after Silverstone.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (12-19-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 09:27 PM   #3115
strat61caster
-
 
strat61caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: '13 FRS
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 10,050
Thanks: 13,311
Thanked 9,108 Times in 4,802 Posts
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
I remember Max really impressing me early on this year. A lot changed after Silverstone.
Nothing about Max changed, he's been in F1 for five years, from Silverstone onwards he wasn't just running parade laps and when having to battle he drives like he always has.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
ineedyourdiddly
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 08:05 AM   #3116
reni
Nobody beats the B[I|R]Z
 
reni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: shopping cart i stole from walmart
Location: somewhere
Posts: 939
Thanks: 262
Thanked 1,145 Times in 456 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
I just think his racecraft is shit and can't remember a single clean pass he's made for position ever.
Well, we both know this will be followed up with the goalposts being moved, but since you're only asking for one I'd have to say my personal favorite is the time that Max sailed up the inside while ya boy was busy clumsily driving into Ocon.
reni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to reni For This Useful Post:
Spuds (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 10:35 AM   #3117
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 7,681
Thanks: 21,216
Thanked 9,746 Times in 4,907 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Nothing about Max changed, he's been in F1 for five years, from Silverstone onwards he wasn't just running parade laps and when having to battle he drives like he always has.

Max has improved quite a bit since his first few seasons. He's not perfect, but Hamilton isn't either. He's got a bad habit of running Red Bulls off the track if they wind up in front of him in a corner. 4 times in the past 3 years at least. Albon in Brazil 2019, Albon in Austria 2020, Verstappen in Silverstone 2021, Verstappen in Monza 2021.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (12-20-2021), strat61caster (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 10:42 AM   #3118
TylerLieberman
Senior Member
 
TylerLieberman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: '20 Hakone 86
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,633
Thanks: 651
Thanked 3,280 Times in 1,549 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Max has improved quite a bit since his first few seasons. He's not perfect, but Hamilton isn't either. He's got a bad habit of running Red Bulls off the track if they wind up in front of him in a corner. 4 times in the past 3 years at least. Albon in Brazil 2019, Albon in Austria 2020, Verstappen in Silverstone 2021, Verstappen in Monza 2021.
While Iím a Max fan, Iíll give Lewis a pass for the Monza incident this year. I think Max was equally at fault for that incident. Lewis squeezed him and expected him to yield, much like Max does to others, but he didnít that time.

Both couldíve given the other a bit more space there but they were side by side and neither wanted to let the other get by.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Spuds (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 10:54 AM   #3119
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 7,681
Thanks: 21,216
Thanked 9,746 Times in 4,907 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
While Iím a Max fan, Iíll give Lewis a pass for the Monza incident this year. I think Max was equally at fault for that incident. Lewis squeezed him and expected him to yield, much like Max does to others, but he didnít that time.

Both couldíve given the other a bit more space there but they were side by side and neither wanted to let the other get by.
It looked to me like Max passed him at T1, and T2 was Max's corner, but Lewis didn't leave enough space, forcing Max into the curbing. To me, it's another time when a gray area decision fell in Lewis's favor.

I found it interesting that Lewis tried to back out after Max shut off his engine and was getting out of the car.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 12:01 PM   #3120
strat61caster
-
 
strat61caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: '13 FRS
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 10,050
Thanks: 13,311
Thanked 9,108 Times in 4,802 Posts
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
While looking for the Ocon thing I did find Max passing both mercs clean in France this year, nice reminder why people were hyped at the beginning of the year and I'll quiet down about Max never being able to pass clean.

I can't find that Ocon thing @reni can you remember which race?

As for Monza, there's a reason Max got penalized, he launched in from nowhere, completely behind Lewis under braking, didn't even get his nose to Lewis cockpit until after the Apex. FIA have data, they penalized him because he was never going to make T2 at that speed.

The Albon crashes are totally Hamilton's fault, that's why he got penalized and went and apologized to Alex after both incidents. I don't like it when any driver runs another off track whether it's paved or gravel (which I guess is the only time people remember?), I really wish they'd go back to penalizing it harder then they have been the last 3-4 years.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
ineedyourdiddly
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Spuds (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 01:03 PM   #3121
TylerLieberman
Senior Member
 
TylerLieberman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: '20 Hakone 86
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,633
Thanks: 651
Thanked 3,280 Times in 1,549 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
It looked to me like Max passed him at T1, and T2 was Max's corner, but Lewis didn't leave enough space, forcing Max into the curbing. To me, it's another time when a gray area decision fell in Lewis's favor.

I found it interesting that Lewis tried to back out after Max shut off his engine and was getting out of the car.
Hard to say because they were still largely side by side. Max maybe had a nose ahead but Iíd still consider that less than a completed pass.

I think Lewis couldíve given a little more space, and Max couldíve backed off a smidge to get a better exit out of T2 and slip stream/pass on the straight.

Thatís why I mention Silverstone though, because Max was 95% of Lewis when the collision happened. Max left enough space for Lewis on the inside but Lewis pushed wide, missing the apex by a good few feet. He did get a penalty but it ultimately amounted to nothing, with Hamilton getting an easy win.

I think F1s penalty system as a whole needs to be revisited, as it seems like half the time, the penalties are just arbitrarily come up with on the spot. There seems to be little consistency.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Spuds (12-19-2021)
Old 12-20-2021, 11:31 AM   #3122
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 7,755
Thanks: 12,014
Thanked 10,965 Times in 4,960 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post

I can't find that Ocon thing @reni can you remember which race?
He's talking about Saudi Arabia, second restart.

And Ham didn't really drive into Ocon. He left Max room on the inside and got squeezed. He is just so biased he can't see it any other way.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (12-20-2021)
Reply

Tags
no mikey nooo, supersupermaxmax, waawaaalewis

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official What are you listening to thread? TRDMAN Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 2241 Yesterday 02:47 PM
Official San Antonio , TX Thread!! track_warrior Southwest 3762 03-28-2019 02:03 PM
FORMULA D Round 1 Long Beach 2012 Discussion Thread Kids Heart Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 0 04-08-2012 02:43 AM
Official 2011 Formula 1 Season Thread Shevon Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 22 05-17-2011 03:37 AM
Official MMA Thread zigzagz94 Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 11 12-15-2009 10:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.