follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep, Sarlacc

Old 11-09-2021, 07:27 AM   #3277
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
lol, i'm just running an old i7...
It's ok. CPUs are overrated.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (11-09-2021), soundman98 (11-10-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 07:43 AM   #3278
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,141 Times in 1,986 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasaur View Post
Hard to believe it will swallow 600 watts as that is a serious amount of heat to dump and will most certainly require a water cooler and a good size radiator.

My 5900x, rx480, and 6900xt all at full load (~600 watts) will heat my water loop (420mm & 240mm radiator) up to ~40c with a 70f ambient which is getting close to the edge of what water loops are safe to (~50c is generally accepted as the limit)

Running 2 GPUs?
Old 11-09-2021, 07:52 AM   #3279
alphasaur
friendly

Drives: 17' 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
Running 2 GPUs?
yes for mining.
Old 11-09-2021, 07:54 AM   #3280
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,936 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Played SplitGate from Steam this weekend for about 4 hours with my three sons online as a team. Pretty decent game. Think Halo PvP mixed with Portal.

We held our own, even won a few rounds, so the matching system worked pretty well. Man I suck at these type of games though, usually at or near the bottom of the ranking.

I still think anyone that takes the "jumping bean defense" method though should die after the 4th consecutive hop. Maybe that's just me.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (11-10-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 08:13 AM   #3281
alphasaur
friendly

Drives: 17' 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Played SplitGate from Steam this weekend for about 4 hours with my three sons online as a team. Pretty decent game. Think Halo PvP mixed with Portal.

We held our own, even won a few rounds, so the matching system worked pretty well. Man I suck at these type of games though, usually at or near the bottom of the ranking.

I still think anyone that takes the "jumping bean defense" method though should die after the 4th consecutive hop. Maybe that's just me.
Ah that game is decently fun, lmk if you'd like to a 5th to jump in!
Dadhawk (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 10:55 AM   #3282
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,444 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Looks a lot like Unreal Tournament to me.

Quote:
In America's Army:Proving Grounds it's called "Bunny Hopping". Old time players hate it while new gens and those who have mastered it use it all the time.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 11:06 AM   #3283
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,936 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
In America's Army:Proving Grounds it's called "Bunny Hopping". Old time players hate it while new gens and those who have mastered it use it all the time.
Yea, I know its used all the time, one of my sons is a master of it. Doesn't work for him once I find a tank though!

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 12:08 PM   #3284
spcmafia

Been reading reviews on CoD: Vanguard, watched StoneMountain64's stream for the campaign, and while I have to admit it looks very crisp, I'm still not inclined on playing yet another WWII game. Since most of my gaming time revolves around Warzone I'll probably have to be inclined to play it to level up the equipment of that game, considering that every time the weapons from one game get incorporated into Warzone, they overpower everything else existing.

Reviews on Forza Horizon 5 seem very favorable, but haven't even completed 4, plus I feel I would enjoy it more with a steering wheel set up.

Then there's the upcoming Battlefield game. I don't know how I feel about that one. I feel like they joined the Battle-Royale fever a bit too late.

I tend to go back to old games to relive past nostalgia. Got Need for Speed Pro Street and while it's very fun, its filled with bugs that kind of take away the enjoyment. I guess my next game will be the GTA: Trilogy remaster.

The one game I'm very excited about is Elder Scrolls, the lack of news does not help, and Bethesda won't say anything until they release Starfield, which is still a little ways away.
Old 11-09-2021, 08:05 PM   #3285
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Started Forza Horizon 5, and maybe my monitor's 165hz refresh rate isn't quick enough, but man shit get's blurry. Otherwise at a standstill, the cars look fantastic. They still don't detail the engine bays as good as I'd hope, but that's nitpicking.

Started out with the GR Supra and I like how they default it to one of the kits with the OEM-looking spoiler. I also like that the HKS name and body kit are available!

Last gripe, and I'm hyper critical of this because I'm an owner, but the body kit options for the 86 and BRZ are the same shit from the last 10 years!!! They seriously need to update the options! At least I can now equip my car with the exact OZ wheels I own.

I'll continue to play on Thursday and Friday since we have a DONSA at work. Will update my thoughts after

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 11-09-2021, 08:31 PM   #3286
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Any PC Gamers Around?

I tried Forza H5 on gamepass PC.

How does a game with such attention to detail, such a gorgeous environment, so many cars, and a great driving physics system manage to be so boring? I honestly am baffled. There is no reason to do the next event, other than being told to. And what’s with the massive amount of pandering to the player: ‘oh my god you’re so amazing’ ‘oh my god you’re the greatest driver in the world’ like Jesus Christ I’ve driven half a mile in this game!

I’ve played it for about 2 hours. I did 5 races and painted my Supra chartreuse yellow after sticking in a 5L V10 with a supercharger on it, and honestly there’s nothing left there that makes me want to jump back in.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoshoobaroo For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (11-10-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 08:56 PM   #3287
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
I tried Forza H5 on gamepass PC.

How does a game with such attention to detail, such a gorgeous environment, so many cars, and a great driving physics system manage to be so boring? I honestly am baffled. There is no reason to do the next event, other than being told to. And what’s with the massive amount of pandering to the player: ‘oh my god you’re so amazing’ ‘oh my god you’re the greatest driver in the world’ like Jesus Christ I’ve driven half a mile in this game!

I’ve played it for about 2 hours. I did 5 races and painted my Supra chartreuse yellow after sticking in a 5L V10 with a supercharger on it, and honestly there’s nothing left there that makes me want to jump back in.
Because they seem to do the same events over and over. Like they've done the motorcycle/plane race the last 3 games now.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 11-09-2021, 09:05 PM   #3288
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Any PC Gamers Around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Because they seem to do the same events over and over. Like they've done the motorcycle/plane race the last 3 games now.

Aside from the environment I can’t tell the difference from FH4, except my Lego DLC is missing. It pains me to say that it bores me, because it’s so detailed and so polished, it runs amazingly, and obviously a massive amount of work went into it. It is just more of exactly the same and it isn’t fun anymore.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoshoobaroo For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (11-10-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 09:17 PM   #3289
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
Aside from the environment I can’t tell the difference from FH4, except my Lego DLC is missing. It pains me to say that it bores me, because it’s so detailed and so polished, it runs amazingly, and obviously a massive amount of work went into it. It is just more of exactly the same and it isn’t fun anymore.

I can kinda agree. With motorsport, I don't mind it being the same old same old. But with Horizon since it's more a goofy playground (no pun intended) game, you need things to entertain. I guess FH4 was the peak for me since I really like the setting of England. Though I'd hope for Germany or somewhere in America again like the Tennessee/ Carolina area.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (11-10-2021), x808drifter (11-10-2021), Yoshoobaroo (11-09-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 07:56 AM   #3290
spcmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Started Forza Horizon 5, and maybe my monitor's 165hz refresh rate isn't quick enough, but man shit get's blurry. Otherwise at a standstill, the cars look fantastic. They still don't detail the engine bays as good as I'd hope, but that's nitpicking.

Started out with the GR Supra and I like how they default it to one of the kits with the OEM-looking spoiler. I also like that the HKS name and body kit are available!

Last gripe, and I'm hyper critical of this because I'm an owner, but the body kit options for the 86 and BRZ are the same shit from the last 10 years!!! They seriously need to update the options! At least I can now equip my car with the exact OZ wheels I own.

I'll continue to play on Thursday and Friday since we have a DONSA at work. Will update my thoughts after

You could be putting more FPS than what the monitor can handle. Do you have V-Sync on?

Tags
pc master race, u no have 3080