follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 08:35 AM   #547
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,302 Times in 993 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
Such a coverup is impossible.
One thing the human race has continued to prove is that nothing is impossible. Implausible, likely, but not impossible. And believing that it is impossible is irresponsible.
funwheeldrive (08-31-2021), soundman98 (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 08:37 AM   #548
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
One thing the human race has continued to prove is that nothing is impossible. Implausible, likely, but not impossible. And believing that it is impossible is irresponsible.
And moreover, unless presented with compelling evidence, claims are immaterial.

On another website that I frequent, in a similar type of thread there are two vaxxine deniers who keep posting the same repetitive memes and links from dubious sources. All the other people on the thread simply cannot refrain from refuting the deniers claims, repetitively. It becomes like Groundhog Day and almost like shooting for sport.

My biggest irritation is the attitude that "If people want to jump off a cliff, then let them", rather than acknowledge authority. Maybe if these people had lost family members to the pandemic they'd take a more compassionate approach.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 08-31-2021, 10:00 AM   #549
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,712 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
My biggest irritation is the attitude that "If people want to jump off a cliff, then let them", rather than acknowledge authority. Maybe if these people had lost family members to the pandemic they'd take a more compassionate approach.
The problem is they're not jumping off a cliff. Theyre blasting it off and taking others with them.
If there weren't collateral damage I'd have zero ducks left.
Dadhawk (08-31-2021), soundman98 (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 11:01 AM   #550
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,802 Times in 3,297 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Are you for real? Honestly for real? You think it is possible for all the governments of every nation and all pharmaceutical companies and all scientists and all physicians to be in on some mass, global conspiracy with privileged information about the healing power of Ivermectin, but are all biting their tongues, or worse, campaigning to subvert this cheap drug, so that they could profit from the manufacture and sale of vaccines or more expensive therapies while their friends and families die? If you are for real then you are paranoid, cynical and extremely out of touch with reality. I can confidently say that this would be impossible to orchestrate, impossible to find all the players willing to conspire to such things, impossible to suppress such things...utterly impossible.

Do you have any idea how many pharmaceutical companies, doctors, scientists, physicians and government staff there are in the world? I can't believe I am even having to explain this. Just stop.

I don't know if you have been watching V for Vendetta, G.I. Joe, Hydra from Marvel and Kingsman back to back to the point where you have lost touch with reality, but there isn't a Deep State or global government run by the pharmaceutical industry with power hungry scientists at their fingertips and physicians in their pockets, who are trying to make billions, so they can use that money for world domination. Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos are not supervillians at the head of some evil world empire. No sir. Just stop.

How is not believing in a conspiracy theory irresponsible? Perpetuating conspiracy theories is the irresponsible thing. Not calling out others for irrational and ludicrous statements is irresponsible.
Dadhawk (08-31-2021), reni (09-01-2021), spike021 (08-31-2021), Subsonic (09-01-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 11:11 AM   #551
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Occam’s razor guys.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Yoshoobaroo For This Useful Post:
Capt Spaulding (08-31-2021), Dadhawk (08-31-2021), funwheeldrive (08-31-2021), Irace86.2.0 (08-31-2021), soundman98 (08-31-2021), wbradley (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 12:25 PM   #552
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
Occam’s razor guys.
To an extent. Sometimes the razor cuts a bit too deep and carves away subtlety.
Yoshoobaroo (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 12:58 PM   #553
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Hey guys, I've never dealt with a stocker type before.

Hostility ended the previous vaccination thread, and the very same person that helped create that situation seems to be up to the same behaviour here.

It's pretty obvious who the internet malfeasance is.

Just thought I'd bring it out into the open if there was any question as to the motive.

The idiot misspelled my name too.

I have never complained to a moderator before.
Attached Images

5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (08-31-2021), TylerLieberman (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 01:11 PM   #554
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,302 Times in 993 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Are you for real? Honestly for real? You think it is possible for all the governments of every nation and all pharmaceutical companies and all scientists and all physicians to be in on some mass, global conspiracy with privileged information about the healing power of Ivermectin, but are all biting their tongues, or worse, campaigning to subvert this cheap drug, so that they could profit from the manufacture and sale of vaccines or more expensive therapies while their friends and families die? If you are for real then you are paranoid, cynical and extremely out of touch with reality. I can confidently say that this would be impossible to orchestrate, impossible to find all the players willing to conspire to such things, impossible to suppress such things...utterly impossible.

Do you have any idea how many pharmaceutical companies, doctors, scientists, physicians and government staff there are in the world? I can't believe I am even having to explain this. Just stop.

I don't know if you have been watching V for Vendetta, G.I. Joe, Hydra from Marvel and Kingsman back to back to the point where you have lost touch with reality, but there isn't a Deep State or global government run by the pharmaceutical industry with power hungry scientists at their fingertips and physicians in their pockets, who are trying to make billions, so they can use that money for world domination. Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos are not supervillians at the head of some evil world empire. No sir. Just stop.

How is not believing in a conspiracy theory irresponsible? Perpetuating conspiracy theories is the irresponsible thing. Not calling out others for irrational and ludicrous statements is irresponsible.
Are you for real?

Do I think corporations lie, or overexaggerate, to help their bottom line? Most certainly. Global conspiracy, hahaha, no. Global complacency, yes.

I ask, where do you get your info on any subject? Why do I ask? Because if you are not doing the testing, trials and research for yourself, then you are assuming that someone else has done the research for you, and done it properly and reported it accurately and honestly. And admittedly, for the most part those in positions to reach these conclusions and provide information likely do it accurately and honestly. But to assume, as you seem to, that all the information you are provided with is 100% accurate, without bias and in your best interest is irresponsible and naïve at best.

You seem to drivel on about what I must watch, or do, or believe in order to justify your temporary feelings of superiority on any subject via the internet. I'll bet you are fun at parties...sounds like Dunning-Kruger...
Old 08-31-2021, 01:11 PM   #555
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,569 Times in 2,921 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Hey guys, I've never dealt with a stocker type before.

Hostility ended the previous vaccination thread, and the very same person that helped create that situation seems to be up to the same behaviour here.

It's pretty obvious who the internet malfeasance is.

Just thought I'd bring it out into the open if there was any question as to the motive.

The idiot misspelled my name too.

I have never complained to a moderator before.
I'm more concerned why crocs are popping up on your advertisements

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 01:20 PM   #556
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Stop with borderline personal attacks. Otherwise ill have to stop drinking long enough to login twice to get to the admin console and that's some fucking bullshit.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
cjd (08-31-2021), Dadhawk (08-31-2021), soundman98 (08-31-2021), spike021 (08-31-2021), Spuds (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 01:25 PM   #557
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,712 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Stop with borderline personal attacks. Otherwise ill have to stop drinking long enough to login twice to get to the admin console and that's some fucking bullshit.
But mah freedumb of speech!
Seriously, I've been practicing my freedom of speechlessness a lot here... But the reminder never hurts. Well no... I've been a mod on a car forum and it does hurt when you have to interrupt your happy time.
soundman98 (08-31-2021), spike021 (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 01:47 PM   #558
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Are you for real?

Do I think corporations lie, or overexaggerate, to help their bottom line? Most certainly. Global conspiracy, hahaha, no. Global complacency, yes.

I ask, where do you get your info on any subject? Why do I ask? Because if you are not doing the testing, trials and research for yourself, then you are assuming that someone else has done the research for you, and done it properly and reported it accurately and honestly. And admittedly, for the most part those in positions to reach these conclusions and provide information likely do it accurately and honestly. But to assume, as you seem to, that all the information you are provided with is 100% accurate, without bias and in your best interest is irresponsible and naïve at best.

You seem to drivel on about what I must watch, or do, or believe in order to justify your temporary feelings of superiority on any subject via the internet. I'll bet you are fun at parties...sounds like Dunning-Kruger...
Again, check what you are suggesting. You are suggest thousands of pharmaceutical companies, hundreds of governments, 100s of millions of people are all in on some conspiracy for profit at the expense of human lives. Global complacency? What do you think the world has been all doing the last few years?

Studies are done in dozens and dozens of different country, involving thousands of different scientists and doctors and ancillary staff that run the statistics, along with collaborating hospitals, universities, pharmaceutical companies, etc, and these studies are submitted to peer review journals. You are challenging multiple industries and multiple systems of reporting, and you are suggesting hospital records are fabricated, reporting to government agencies is fabricated, doctors and scientists are all liars, families are all paid off, etc. I mean really, this is out there stuff. I just feel bad for you man. There is a difference between healthy skepticism and what you are proposing. It is a dark and cynical perspective if you truly believe all the institutions around you are so corrupt and so fallible, yet also so capable of controlling everything to manifest such a conspiracy.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:03 PM   #559
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Sorry, I'm not being hostile by intension, if that is how it sounds. I'm just really, deeply concerned. Like honestly, some people need some help if they think the whole world is conspiring around them. This is truly perplexing to fathom that a healthy mind would draw such conclusions, and it isn't healthy. I hear this stuff in the ED when we have people who are having meth induced psychosis or have schizophrenia and are gravely disabled on 1799s. It is something that requires an intervention and professional help. Here, I'll just post the Federal Crisis Hotline, just in case he needs to reach out to a mental health professional that can guide him out of the paranoia and delusion of persecution. I hope this will help him out. Wish him the best.

1-800-273-8255
Old 08-31-2021, 02:52 PM   #560
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,469 Times in 18,894 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Again, the jump from 'money corrupts' to 'governments, pharmaceutical manufactures, doctors and scientists are all conspiring to make money off drugs at the cost of human lives, while orchestrating a mass coverup of a cheap and viable treatment that could save millions' is ludicrous. This is the very definition of conspiracy theory.

Such a coverup is impossible. Unifying all these institutions is impossible. No one has demonstrated that some natural construct that is unique to each of these institutions is leading to universal subversion. No one has demonstrated that it is even in any of these institutions interests to subvert ivermectin. There are a lot of assumptions that subversion leads to profits, but zero real analysis.

Again, this is the definition of a conspiracy theory: the absence of evidence and the assertion of unsubstantiated claims as facts of conspiring groups acting in implausible ways to cause a particular event or situation.

Tags
beau cave keeners club, bradcuckedbymonkeys, come and make me, crybabylantanafrs, leeroy jenkins!!, noah get the boat, o'doyle rules!, peer reviewed thread, pew pew, rawdoggers4trump, shut the fuck up, socialist losers, spikesasimp, this is a wendy's, tylercuckedlieberman, voteforpedro, waaaantanafrs2, waahbradleywaah, waahwaahbradley, waahwaahvteckickedinyo