follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep, Sarlacc

Old 10-17-2021, 06:55 PM   #3137
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
this bears repeating.

farcry 3 was the best farcry. farcry 2 is a close second.

all other farcry's suck.

that is all.
NWFRS (10-17-2021)
Old 10-17-2021, 10:15 PM   #3138
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,625 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
this bears repeating.

all other farcry's suck.

that is all.
Vass is the best villain of the series.
x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to x808drifter For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (10-17-2021)
Old 10-17-2021, 10:42 PM   #3139
NWFRS

Drives: ‘13 FRS
Thanked 1,502 Times in 634 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
this bears repeating.

all other farcry's suck.

that is all.
What was wrong with FC4? I feel like it was the most visually stunning of the bunch, and it might be my favorite just for that. I think FC2 had the best “mood”, and the music was epic. FC2 came out back when I had more free time, and I played it until my eyes bled and it was time to go to work.
NWFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:14 AM   #3140
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,346 Times in 4,127 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
this bears repeating.

farcry 1 was the best farcry.

that is all.

Ftfy.

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:49 AM   #3141
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
I never played fc1. I was thinking earlier I should go back for it.
Just saw an article today that a Ubisoft person confirmed that fc2 'the jackal' was a continuation of what the villain in fc1 would've become 10 years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWFRS View Post
What was wrong with FC4? I feel like it was the most visually stunning of the bunch, and it might be my favorite just for that. I think FC2 had the best “mood”, and the music was epic. FC2 came out back when I had more free time, and I played it until my eyes bled and it was time to go to work.
Fc4 was very pretty, but too many mountains for me. I felt like I was grappling up mountains for half the time there. Or having to fast travel back to an area I could get a heli...

Fc4 really lost me with pagan min. I could 'get' the storyline of fc 2&3. Fc4, and the whole 'long lost heir dumped on a bus ride, spontaneously turned expert warrior to free his people' thing just became a bridge to far.

Fc3 at least had a motivator to the violence with the friends getting captured/tortured. Fc2's backstory made sense as well, as a agent sent to arrest the arms dealer. But the malaria thing was really irritating.

Fc2&3 both had excellent villains that were drawn up as intelligent, with a slight amount of compassion for the player character--they had a subtle amount of depth. Fc4 was just a ruthless dictator taunting because he'd become bored.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:58 AM   #3142
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Getting more into FC6, but I can't shake the feeling that I should've probably waited and bought on sale instead of buying it right after release.

BTW, DO NOT get rid of the first riffle you get in game with Armor Piercing rounds, it is a very powerful weapon that will one shot just about anything. Paired with an ACOG sight, it is a solid marksman riffle.

I found Boomer from FC5 and it was a breath of fresh air as a companion because that crocodile is completely useless.
Dadhawk (10-18-2021), soundman98 (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 09:20 AM   #3143
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Fc4 was very pretty, but too many mountains for me. I felt like I was grappling up mountains for half the time there. Or having to fast travel back to an area I could get a heli...
First thing I always do in Far Cry and in Just Cause is figure out how to get a helicopter. Solves the whole grappling everywhere thing. (not as typically easy in Far Cry though)

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 09:24 AM   #3144
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC. (I don't do consoles so never played it on PS4). Early on, but so far seems like a lot of potential. Some of the graphics are a little off (primarily facial mechanics) and I can tell it's a console port (aim assist) because I was able to one-shot a rabbit with a bow from what was likely 150 yards, but other than that looking forward to playing it.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
NWFRS (10-18-2021), Yoshoobaroo (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 09:38 AM   #3145
spcmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC. (I don't do consoles so never played it on PS4). Early on, but so far seems like a lot of potential. Some of the graphics are a little off (primarily facial mechanics) and I can tell it's a console port (aim assist) because I was able to one-shot a rabbit with a bow from what was likely 150 yards, but other than that looking forward to playing it.

HZD is a great game. Very interesting story too.
Dadhawk (10-18-2021), NWFRS (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 09:45 AM   #3146
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Facial animations are much improved in the frozen wilds. The story of the DLC is great too. Don’t go there too early though, it’s meant to be a higher level area.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoshoobaroo For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 12:49 PM   #3147
NWFRS

Quote:
I never played fc1. I was thinking earlier I should go back for it.
Just saw an article today that a Ubisoft person confirmed that fc2 'the jackal' was a continuation of what the villain in fc1 would've become 10 years later.

Fc4 really lost me with pagan min. I could 'get' the storyline of fc 2&3. Fc4, and the whole 'long lost heir dumped on a bus ride, spontaneously turned expert warrior to free his people' thing just became a bridge to far.

Fc3 at least had a motivator to the violence with the friends getting captured/tortured. Fc2's backstory made sense as well, as a agent sent to arrest the arms dealer. But the malaria thing was really irritating.

Fc2&3 both had excellent villains that were drawn up as intelligent, with a slight amount of compassion for the player character--they had a subtle amount of depth. Fc4 was just a ruthless dictator taunting because he'd become bored.
I played FC1 back in the day, but it wasn’t as memorable for me as the games that came after. I don’t recall that it was an open world game, or even very long.

FC2 was where they really kicked-off for me. The music contributed to a general sense of dread, and I really enjoyed that. It’s actually one of my favorite OST’s to this day. Parts of it remind me of Requiem for a Tower.

Hmmm. Yeah. I guess I initially figured the guy on the bus was some kind of mentor or father figure, and his torture/death was the motivation for our hero character to become desperate and have his own character arc of badassery.

Maybe I was too easily satisfied with that because I enjoyed the setting so much.

And then there was that whole, having to find the place where his mother had wanted her ashes. In that first sit-down with Pagan, he literally tastes her ashes, then stabs our mentor with flatware, so our hero may not have felt like sitting around to hear his story. That’s when our character met someone who claimed to be a friend of his mentor, as well as his father, at which point he ran.

Yeah I guess that story did kind of come out of nowhere, now that you mention it. Not much background to explain a white, effeminate, drug lord ruling a fictitious Tibetan/Nepalese culture. Later in the game, I just accepted that he went crazy due to the murder of his 2yo daughter, and then desired to reconnect with his dead sweetheart’s only living child. It might have been weak but I bought into it pretty easily since I loved the environment so much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NWFRS For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (10-18-2021), soundman98 (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 01:07 PM   #3148
NWFRS

Quote:
I thought Horizon:ZeroDawn was fantastic. Really unique take on the whole “Post-Apocalypse” genre, and I think it was one of the most immersive stories I’ve ever played. Hope you enjoy it.

For 2017 I thought the facial animations were alright. MassEffect:Andromeda came out the same year and those characters looked like they had faces carved from wax. But five years is an eternity in video game graphics. Lol.

I remember really enjoying ElderScrolls:Morrowind and not even thinking twice about the characters flapping their lips completely irrespective of the voice acting.
The Following User Says Thank You to NWFRS For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 01:10 PM   #3149
spcmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWFRS View Post
I thought Horizon:ZeroDawn was fantastic. Really unique take on the whole “Post-Apocalypse” genre, and I think it was one of the most immersive stories I’ve ever played. Hope you enjoy it.

For 2017 I thought the facial animations were alright. MassEffect:Andromeda came out the same year and those characters looked like they had faces carved from wax. But five years is an eternity in video game graphics. Lol.

I remember really enjoying ElderScrolls:Morrowind and not even thinking twice about the characters flapping their lips completely irrespective of the voice acting.

The most amazing facial animation was the one for LA Noire, which for the time it came out, was pretty advanced. It had to considering you had to figure out if your suspect/witness was lying or telling the truth. Man I miss that game.
Dadhawk (10-18-2021), NWFRS (10-18-2021), soundman98 (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 09:47 PM   #3150
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Replayed through Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition and man, I forgot how gorgeous this game is. I also always love being reminded how amazing it is overall of a game. It's def my favorite in the series behind the first game.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc master race, u no have 3080