follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
slizoth

Drives: 2013 WRB Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Feature Guide

I think we have all gone over the major points of the FR-S over and over again, price, specs, ect. What I wanted to put together was something different, a guide to what features the FR-S will offer and some after market comparisons.

To kick us off, Smart Entry and Smart Start.

Toyota has a great Smart Entry and Smart Start system, if you don't want to read pages about it, this
explains the whole thing.

Estimated Dealer Cost: ???
After Market Equivalent: $540 Viper Remote Start

In this case, the After Market Equivalent or AME offers additional functionality, Remote Start where you can turn on your car from up to a mile away.

HIDs
Estimated Dealer Cost: ???
AME: $80 Scion TC HID aftermarket kit

Last edited by slizoth; 01-19-2012 at 07:36 PM.
slizoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
nrclptcnsmniak
Professional Athlete

Drives: Marty's Hover Board
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
is this confirmed to be on the frs?
Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Capt Canuck

Drives: BMW E36 323is
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
FFS, LOL, OMG, WTF, STFU, BBQ and all the other neat little interweb interjections :-)

The only options we know for certain about the FR-S is colours and transmissions: everything else is conjecture. No one here can speak with complete certainty what will be available for this car.

This site could do a SOPA protest (ie. lights out, no access to content) until firm dates, prices, and specs come from Scion and we will not miss a beat or be any less informed about this car.

You cannot go a 'guide' based on speculation and hearsay
Capt Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
slizoth

Drives: 2013 WRB Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post
FFS, LOL, OMG, WTF, STFU, BBQ and all the other neat little interweb interjections :-)

The only options we know for certain about the FR-S is colours and transmissions: everything else is conjecture. No one here can speak with complete certainty what will be available for this car.

This site could do a SOPA protest (ie. lights out, no access to content) until firm dates, prices, and specs come from Scion and we will not miss a beat or be any less informed about this car.

I guess I failed to convey my point correctly. I'm personally educating myself on after market alternatives to what the dealership will offer and the costs of said features. It doesn't matter to me if it's 'for sure' available or not, I want to know what my options are after I buy the vehicle and if the dealership offers them I can compare the two and make an educated decision.
slizoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
KidWonder

Drives: 2004 Volkswagen Passat Turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post

SOPA was vetoed today.
KidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote