follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-30-2020, 02:17 PM   #1
trigun286

Drives: '16 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OpenFlash response

All, I have been having some issues previously with my OFT and over the course of a month, was finally able to have a back and forth with Openflash to open a RMA. I opened a RMA when they requested and it has been a month with no replies.

Has this been everyone's experience with working with OpenFlash?
Old 06-30-2020, 02:40 PM   #2
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Yes, they seem to have abandoned this platform for more lucrative ventures and put this and all customer service related issues in regards to this on the back burner.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:15 PM   #3
PulsarBeeerz

Drives: JRSC BRZ SOLD
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
They aren't going to be helpful. If you need OFT support its best to join one of the OFT groups on Facebook.
PulsarBeeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:43 PM   #4
Project_1796

Drives: Scion FRS 10 series
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigun286 View Post
All, I have been having some issues previously with my OFT and over the course of a month, was finally able to have a back and forth with Openflash to open a RMA. I opened a RMA when they requested and it has been a month with no replies.

Has this been everyone's experience with working with OpenFlash?
I have had nothing but good service with Anthony from open flash performance, I run their flex fuel tune and I love it, he helped me diagnose a bad flex fuel sensor, I sent him my defective one and got it back a week later, which is normal. What seems to be your issue?
Project_1796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:26 PM   #5
aw11

Drives: '16 FR-S, '02 GTI VR6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I ordered a flex fuel kit from them near the end of March. In April I got an email that my order was shipping, but the tracking info still has it in pre-shipment. I wasn't in a rush so I waited a couple weeks, but still no update. I emailed them in May asking for updates and they let me know that harnesses were delayed due to COVID but they should be able to get it sent out in the next couple days.

That was over a month ago and they haven't responded to any of my emails since then
aw11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:57 PM   #6
trigun286

Drives: '16 WRB Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_1796 View Post
I have had nothing but good service with Anthony from open flash performance, I run their flex fuel tune and I love it, he helped me diagnose a bad flex fuel sensor, I sent him my defective one and got it back a week later, which is normal. What seems to be your issue?
My problem is a finicky screen when i plug it in the OBD2 port. This prevents me from using the unit so I can't reflash, log, etc. It probably is something wrong with the wire or whatnot but in my initial conversations with OpenFlash, which I reported 2 months ago, took about a month for them to say, "hey it is probably old, submit a RMA and we will give you a discount on a new unit". Cool, so I submitted the RMA 1 month ago, no response at all.

I understand and am completely ok with ANY delays due to Covid-19 which is expected for hardware problems but I am just frustrated by a lack of communication. Also, to note, I do not have anything against the products they offer, just frustrated with the customer service.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:18 AM   #7
FlyingJett

Drives: Scion frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Because of their slowness I decided to switch to Wayne roms.

No any regrets yet.
FlyingJett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingJett For This Useful Post:
AKITA (07-03-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 11:34 AM   #8
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw11 View Post
I ordered a flex fuel kit from them near the end of March. In April I got an email that my order was shipping, but the tracking info still has it in pre-shipment. I wasn't in a rush so I waited a couple weeks, but still no update. I emailed them in May asking for updates and they let me know that harnesses were delayed due to COVID but they should be able to get it sent out in the next couple days.

That was over a month ago and they haven't responded to any of my emails since then

Email them one last time, give them 48 hours, and if no reply...I would file a chargeback
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 03:21 PM   #9
AKITA

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS Halo
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingJett View Post
Because of their slowness I decided to switch to Wayne roms.

No any regrets yet.

I like this approach for NA.. I read a lot Wayne's stuff when I was trying to learn to rescale the maf. So I'm assuming your suggesting he get a refund on the OFT and use Tactrix. I never tried Tactrix and it's free. NA, I wished I would have tried it. I did lose faith in OFT as well. I was looking at all FI aspects.. And the Econo approach would have been an SPD with OFT tune.. I emailed them and inquired, this should be a tune they have just sitting around to be honest, all it would have taken was a "Yeah, we support it. Purchase the $300 upgrade and we can get it to you." I heard nada and that was over a month ago. So I didn't go that route (went Ecutek, it comes with it's own pains but at least it has support). I'm not investing another 300 for a total of 800 invested which isn't far off from Ecutek prices and not have probably the very one thing you will need support. Sell the OFT or get the RMA, I'm sellin mine before the values drop.
AKITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:08 PM   #10
tian105

Drives: M4
I needed help from them and its been a week since I reached out, no response so far..
tian105 is offline   Reply With Quote