follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-21-2023, 01:07 AM   #533
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplugem View Post
How was everything in space created? Did everything defy the law of entropy and order followed chaos? It doesn't make any sense, as the law of entropy states that things become more chaotic over time, not less chaotic. What is more, entropy, itself, increases over time. This alone disproves the theory of evolution, as well as the big bang theory.
We have no evidence that anything created the universe. If something did create this reality then the most probable scenario is that our universe is a simulation from an AI.

"...Things become more chaotic over time, not less chaotic." Nope, that isn't what it says, and nothing in the universe has defied the law of entropy. The universe has moved from zero/lowest entropy to more and more entropy. Each second, the NET entropy of the system increases. Individual things in a system can decrease their entropy, but the system will go down. For instance, the sun is progressively losing more and more energy, but as it does that, it is shedding some of that energy onto earth, which is collecting that energy to generate more and more organized (low entropy) creatures and structures. But again, the net effect is our solar system is gaining entropy.

Ever since the Big Bang, the universe has only gained entropy. The beginning of the Big Bang, the universe was compressed into a singularity, which is more organized than anything (low entropy), and after the explosion, everything since is inherently higher in entropy.

I don't think you even know what the Theory of Evolution is, let alone know what you would need to show to disprove such a well established scientific Theory.
Old 10-05-2023, 03:04 AM   #534
Unplugem

Drives: GR86 (Sold) -> C6 GS Edelbrock SCed
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
We have no evidence that anything created the universe. If something did create this reality then the most probable scenario is that our universe is a simulation from an AI.

"...Things become more chaotic over time, not less chaotic." Nope, that isn't what it says, and nothing in the universe has defied the law of entropy. The universe has moved from zero/lowest entropy to more and more entropy. Each second, the NET entropy of the system increases. Individual things in a system can decrease their entropy, but the system will go down. For instance, the sun is progressively losing more and more energy, but as it does that, it is shedding some of that energy onto earth, which is collecting that energy to generate more and more organized (low entropy) creatures and structures. But again, the net effect is our solar system is gaining entropy.

Ever since the Big Bang, the universe has only gained entropy. The beginning of the Big Bang, the universe was compressed into a singularity, which is more organized than anything (low entropy), and after the explosion, everything since is inherently higher in entropy.

I don't think you even know what the Theory of Evolution is, let alone know what you would need to show to disprove such a well established scientific Theory.
The theory of evolution, a well established scientific theory? You clearly have never researched Darwin, or his family, or his religious beliefs, or the secret society he belonged to.
I suggest you start here and learn a thing or two about the nonsense you believe in and the purpose for which it was conceived:

Unplugem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 03:33 PM   #535
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
The theory of evolution, a well established scientific theory? You clearly have never researched Darwin, or his family, or his religious beliefs, or the secret society he belonged to.
I suggest you start here and learn a thing or two about the nonsense you believe in and the purpose for which it was conceived:
Evolution is one of the best theories we have with the most vast and robust data sets with overlapping disciplines all feeding in the same data from fossil record, genetics, genetic retroviral insertions, embryo vestigial structures, observational relationships in isolated species/species differentiation, breeding/hybrid/sterility, etc.
Old 10-05-2023, 04:09 PM   #536
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Evolution is one of the best theories we have with the most vast and robust data sets with overlapping disciplines all feeding in the same data from fossil record, genetics, genetic retroviral insertions, embryo vestigial structures, observational relationships in isolated species/species differentiation, breeding/hybrid/sterility, etc.
Heck, most of us have examples of evolution in your homes. Domesticated dogs and cats are primary examples of evolution, although it is forced selection rather than natural selection. Of course @Unplugem will point out that there was a creator in this case (man).

Where I struggle with Evolution being the ultimate answer is when you go from a traceable species to the jump of somehow evolution is responsible for a lizard growing wings and becoming a flying animal (not saying that is accurate, just an example).

I also struggle (whether creationism or big bang) with the "yea but where did that come from" argument. Until we can explain where God came from, or how the Initial Singularity come into being then I don't care much what happened afterwards.

Let's face it, the Big Bang could have come from Creationism unless we solve that problem. Or maybe, it's just came from the firmware that bootstrapped the server that is our reality.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 04:52 PM   #537
Unplugem

Quote:
You obviously did not watch the video I just posted, which shows that the theory of evolution has its roots in mysticism and has been repackaged for the modern heathen atheist to gobble up and become deceived. The theory of evolution got its kick start after the occultists learned about Hindu beliefs of reincarnation. Your entire paradigm is ancient mysticism that has been conveniently repackaged for you by occult societies, in order to make you believe in the insane nonsense that they believe. Back in the day, the pagans worshipped Helios, Ra, Apollo, etc., which are all fallen angels that portrayed sun gods. Fast forward to today, and we have you wholeheartedly believing in a Heliocentric system, which has all of the "planets" named after pagan gods. What is more, their fake mind odysseys have been named after additional pagan gods, including Apollo and Artemis. Now, tell me how your "science" is not a pagan religion, that has been repackaged for the modern-day layman, who is foolish enough to believe that nothing could create everything.
Old 10-05-2023, 10:06 PM   #538
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Heck, most of us have examples of evolution in your homes. Domesticated dogs and cats are primary examples of evolution, although it is forced selection rather than natural selection. Of course @Unplugem will point out that there was a creator in this case (man).

Where I struggle with Evolution being the ultimate answer is when you go from a traceable species to the jump of somehow evolution is responsible for a lizard growing wings and becoming a flying animal (not saying that is accurate, just an example).

I also struggle (whether creationism or big bang) with the "yea but where did that come from" argument. Until we can explain where God came from, or how the Initial Singularity come into being then I don't care much what happened afterwards.

Let's face it, the Big Bang could have come from Creationism unless we solve that problem. Or maybe, it's just came from the firmware that bootstrapped the server that is our reality.
What you called forced selection, Darwin called artificial selection. Great examples of artificial selection is how we have domesticated animals with attributes that we like, or how we have created plants like the banana from the plantain and cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, kale, brussels sprouts, cabbage) from the wild mustard plant. The two other selectors of evolution are natural selection and sexual selection. Examples of these are giraffes having long necks (long necked giraffes bred with other long neck giraffes because they could get to more food at a time when food was scarce), and peacocks having elaborate feathers to attract a mate, respectively. Random mutations also occur, and these mutations can sometimes be advantageous. For instance, one in a hundred humans lack one or both of the receptors for HIV to bind to cells, so people are essentially immune from ever developing AIDS and can only be carriers.

Yeah, a lizard didn't grow wings. Species evolve, not individuals. We have examples of living transitional species, and we have fossil examples. Mudskippers are a great example of a living transitional species. It is a fish that breathes underwater and out of water, and it uses its fins to move across the ground. We have a lot of transitional fossils, but the evolution of the whale (a mammal) from a dog-like creature to a whale is a good example. It is clear how the blow hole progressively evolved over millions of years from the nose to the top of the skull. What is also cool is how whales have vestigial pelvis and leg bones, even though they evolved to not need these.

The Big Bang describes a theory for the state of the universe. Maybe one day it will describe more, but science will wait to see what we discover in the future and not interject more unknowns by presupposing a deity or deities. Our minds might not be capable of comprehending or discovering what can come before we had space and time. Where and when would that happen, and if we presupposed a deity, where did that deity come from? Who created it? Maybe our deity also has a creator. If a deity could just exist forever then why couldn't a singularity exist forever or just come to be? The god of the gaps argument is a bad fallacy to make, and there becomes fewer and fewer places for a deity to fit into history when science discovers more and more about the natural world.
Old 10-05-2023, 10:51 PM   #539
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
You obviously did not watch the video I just posted, which shows that the theory of evolution has its roots in mysticism and has been repackaged for the modern heathen atheist to gobble up and become deceived. The theory of evolution got its kick start after the occultists learned about Hindu beliefs of reincarnation. Your entire paradigm is ancient mysticism that has been conveniently repackaged for you by occult societies, in order to make you believe in the insane nonsense that they believe. Back in the day, the pagans worshipped Helios, Ra, Apollo, etc., which are all fallen angels that portrayed sun gods. Fast forward to today, and we have you wholeheartedly believing in a Heliocentric system, which has all of the "planets" named after pagan gods. What is more, their fake mind odysseys have been named after additional pagan gods, including Apollo and Artemis. Now, tell me how your "science" is not a pagan religion, that has been repackaged for the modern-day layman, who is foolish enough to believe that nothing could create everything.
I don't care that you believe the Theory of Evolution has its root in mysticism or whatever craziness. If someone says 2+2=4, I can judge that claim on its own without considering whether they are mystics, atheists, religious, republican, democrat, young, old, popular or not. The evidence for evolution is vast and covers many disciplines and continues to be explored with more evidence adding to its robustness each year.

Geez, you must be a real hoot at Christmas time pointing out all the pagan traditions celebrated on Christmas. What do you and the other Puritans do on Christmas?
https://chefin.com.au/blog/these-6-c...pagan-customs/

If we didn't evolve then why do animals have vestigial structures? If we didn't evolve then we do we have vestigial DNA? If we didn't evolve then we do we share common DNA and retroviral insertions? Even though whales look more like fish like the whale shark, why do we share more DNA in common with a whale than the whale shark? If we didn't evolve and a deity made us then why did it put nipples on men? If we didn't evolve then why does the laryngeal nerve run with the vagus nerve all the way down the neck and around the heart before coming back up the neck, which is extra far in the giraffe when it could be much shorter? Seems like bad design to me if there was a deity, but in light of evolution, it makes sense because there was small changes over time from millions of years of fish slowly evolving into reptiles slowly evolving into mammals slowly evolving into a long necked giraffe, and evolution doesn't allow for major corrections such as shortening the laryngeal nerve.

Old 10-06-2023, 01:34 AM   #540
Unplugem

Quote:
What you called forced selection, Darwin called artificial selection. Great examples of artificial selection is how we have domesticated animals with attributes that we like, or how we have created plants like the banana from the plantain and cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, kale, brussels sprouts, cabbage) from the wild mustard plant. The two other selectors of evolution are natural selection and sexual selection. Examples of these are giraffes having long necks (long necked giraffes bred with other long neck giraffes because they could get to more food at a time when food was scarce), and peacocks having elaborate feathers to attract a mate, respectively. Random mutations also occur, and these mutations can sometimes be advantageous. For instance, one in a hundred humans lack one or both of the receptors for HIV to bind to cells, so people are essentially immune from ever developing AIDS and can only be carriers.

Yeah, a lizard didn't grow wings. Species evolve, not individuals. We have examples of living transitional species, and we have fossil examples. Mudskippers are a great example of a living transitional species. It is a fish that breathes underwater and out of water, and it uses its fins to move across the ground. We have a lot of transitional fossils, but the evolution of the whale (a mammal) from a dog-like creature to a whale is a good example. It is clear how the blow hole progressively evolved over millions of years from the nose to the top of the skull. What is also cool is how whales have vestigial pelvis and leg bones, even though they evolved to not need these.

The Big Bang describes a theory for the state of the universe. Maybe one day it will describe more, but science will wait to see what we discover in the future and not interject more unknowns by presupposing a deity or deities. Our minds might not be capable of comprehending or discovering what can come before we had space and time. Where and when would that happen, and if we presupposed a deity, where did that deity come from? Who created it? Maybe our deity also has a creator. If a deity could just exist forever then why couldn't a singularity exist forever or just come to be? The god of the gaps argument is a bad fallacy to make, and there becomes fewer and fewer places for a deity to fit into history when science discovers more and more about the natural world.
I don't see any evidence of evolution in any of those "skeletons." Anyone with half a brain knows that the "evolutionary" fossils are just fakes, made out of clay and plastic. I know this quite well, as I spent a lot of time in the SRTC at PSU during my undergrad years. We had a lot of real animal skeletons there, including a full whale skeleton, from a whale that had beached itself. I am very familiar with the lie of evolution and I can see right through it. I asked the professors who worked there, if they ever had any "prehistorical" skeletons on the premises during their tenure, that could show incremental signs of the process of "evolution." I was really into "dinosaurs" back then and wanted to see what they had, so I could maybe get a closeup look at one, since I was in a class at the time, that had access to the lab in the back of the building where all the neat stuff was kept smh... Every single one said they had never had any authentic prehistoric skeletons that were remotely intact, to be able to construct a recognizable skeleton. What they did have, was a small selection of lightweight "replicas" that were made entirely of plastic and clay. It was quite obvious for me to see that there was no real evidence. Keep in mind, this is when I still believed in the ball earth lie and I actually still believed in evolution and the BBT.
I was really into marine biology ever since I was three years old; I literally grew up watching Jacques Cousteau Oceanography films and would visit OMSI nearly every weekend. I always wanted to see a Pliosaurus fossil, since I had a toy model as a child; I was very bummed when I found out that the Pliosaurus (it was probably really a Mosasaur, but it doesn't matter because both are fake and never really existed) "fossil" I had seen at OMSI when I was a kid was a "replica" (it was fake).
I really do appreciate you taking the time to explain everything that I was already indoctrinated into believing for nearly all my life. The only problem is that I already lived that lie and now I see my education for what it was (indoctrination). Trust me, I used to love "space" crap and believed all of the lies Scientism could toss my way. I'm not going back to believing in the fabricated lies that enable the Jesuit/Freemasonry agenda.

Darwin was a fraud.

Old 10-06-2023, 02:18 AM   #541
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
I don't see any evidence of evolution in any of those "skeletons." Anyone with half a brain knows that the "evolutionary" fossils are just fakes, made out of clay and plastic. I know this quite well, as I spent a lot of time in the SRTC at PSU during my undergrad years. We had a lot of real animal skeletons there, including a full whale skeleton, from a whale that had beached itself. I am very familiar with the lie of evolution and I can see right through it. I asked the professors who worked there, if they had ever any "prehistorical" skeletons on the premises during their tenure, that could show incremental signs of the process of "evolution." I was really into "dinosaurs" back then and wanted to see what they had, so I could maybe get a closeup look at one, since I was in a class at the time, that had access to the lab in the back of the building where all the neat stuff was kept smh... Every single one said they had never had any authentic prehistoric skeletons that were remotely intact, to be able to construct a recognizable skeleton. What they did have, was a small selection of lightweight "replicas" that were made entirely of plastic and clay. It was quite obvious for me to see that there was no real evidence. Keep in mind, this is when I still believed in the ball earth lie and I actually still believed in evolution and the BBT.
I was really into marine biology ever since I was three years old; I literally grew up watching Jacques Cousteau Oceanography films and would visit OMSI nearly every weekend. I always wanted to see a Pliosaurus fossil, since I had a toy model as a child; I was very bummed when I found out that the Pliosaurus (it was probably really a Mosasaur, but it doesn't matter because both are fake and never really existed) "fossil" I had seen at OMSI when I was a kid was a "replica" (it was fake).
I really do appreciate you taking the time to explain everything that I was already indoctrinated into believing for nearly all my life. The only problem is that I already lived that lie and now I see my education for what it was (indoctrination). Trust me, I used to love "space" crap and believed all of the lies Scientism could toss my way. I'm not going back to believing in the fabricated lies that enable the Jesuit/Freemasonry agenda.

Darwin was a fraud.
As a rock hound, I own fossils, so I don't know what you are smoking. You can go down to any rock store and buy fossils. Of course plastic replicas exist because it is much cheaper and because we have a lot of museums. In biology class we had replica skeletons of humans too, but that doesn't mean humans never existed, and we have these because they are cheaper and store better than buying human skeletons, but we had those too. Seriously man, were you dropped on your head?

If you could sell a plastic T-rex skeleton for $32 million then don't you think we would have people trying to sell large plastic dinosaur skeletons? Screw making cars, car manufactures would be making plastic dinosaur bones.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/07/t-re...auctioned.html

Irreducible complexity and other arguments for intelligent design that try to refute evolution are pseudoscience nonsense. Even Behe (who was destroyed in the Dover trial) in the video literally suggests that the mouse trap could be useful with partial components when he said the rod could impale a mouse; he thinks it is unlikely, but he made an argument that partial components can make something effective. What's more, partial components can make something still evolutionarily advantageous, but just perform a different function.

Evolution of bacterial flagellum:
https://www.sci.news/biology/bacteri...ors-05612.html

Watch this whole video because he debunks and reviews every argument from Dr. Behe in the Dover trial where Behe and friends lost and lost biggly:
Old 10-06-2023, 08:56 PM   #542
Unplugem

Quote:
As a rock hound, I own fossils, so I don't know what you are smoking. You can go down to any rock store and buy fossils. Of course plastic replicas exist because it is much cheaper and because we have a lot of museums. In biology class we had replica skeletons of humans too, but that doesn't mean humans never existed, and we have these because they are cheaper and store better than buying human skeletons, but we had those too. Seriously man, were you dropped on your head?

If you could sell a plastic T-rex skeleton for $32 million then don't you think we would have people trying to sell large plastic dinosaur skeletons? Screw making cars, car manufactures would be making plastic dinosaur bones.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/07/t-re...auctioned.html

Irreducible complexity and other arguments for intelligent design that try to refute evolution are pseudoscience nonsense. Even Behe (who was destroyed in the Dover trial) in the video literally suggests that the mouse trap could be useful with partial components when he said the rod could impale a mouse; he thinks it is unlikely, but he made an argument that partial components can make something effective. What's more, partial components can make something still evolutionarily advantageous, but just perform a different function.

Evolution of bacterial flagellum:
https://www.sci.news/biology/bacteri...ors-05612.html

Watch this whole video because he debunks and reviews every argument from Dr. Behe in the Dover trial where Behe and friends lost and lost biggly:
I'm not saying fossils don't exist, wise guy. I'm saying that no fossil exists of an animal, that was ""between evolutionary stages." We have real fish, dog, cat, giraffe, whale, etc. skeletons, but all of the supposed "between stages" skeletons are fake "replicas" made from plastic and clay. I don't want to hear that "plastic is cheaper than the real thing." If you want to convince me that your theory is real, I want to see evidence, not plastic toys.
FYI, fossils can be made in a very short span of time; it doesn't even take thousands of years for a fossil to be produced within the ground, when the conditions are correct. Fossils of animals that exist today are not evidence of evolution, or the earth being billions of years old lmao.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:09 PM   #543
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,434 Times in 6,149 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post

Flying squirrel is your answer here. Eventually they may become more batlike if trees become more scarce or spread out for example. Gliding or flying helps to evade a lot of the ground dwelling predators and may be more efficient than climbing down one tree and up another. Less of a jump to think Squirrel -> flying squirrel -> bat-ish.

Also looks like we have asteroid samples now. OSIRIS REx stopped by to drop off bits of Bennu and is now heading out to hang with Apophis.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (10-06-2023), MICHAEL450f (10-15-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 09:28 PM   #544
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Flying squirrel is your answer here. Eventually they may become more batlike if trees become more scarce or spread out for example. Gliding or flying helps to evade a lot of the ground dwelling predators and may be more efficient than climbing down one tree and up another. Less of a jump to think Squirrel -> flying squirrel -> bat-ish.
Yea, i get that and it sort of makes sense over many generations as the ones with a little extra skin survive over ones that don't.

What I can't map my mind around is that something that looks like a dog that happens to move his family to the beach is eventually starting the process of their 1000x grandchildren to basically be air-breathing water mammals that are 200x the size of the grandparent by breeding and no real plan.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Spuds (10-08-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 10:56 PM   #545
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
I'm not saying fossils don't exist, wise guy. I'm saying that no fossil exists of an animal, that was ""between evolutionary stages." We have real fish, dog, cat, giraffe, whale, etc. skeletons, but all of the supposed "between stages" skeletons are fake "replicas" made from plastic and clay. I don't want to hear that "plastic is cheaper than the real thing." If you want to convince me that your theory is real, I want to see evidence, not plastic toys.
FYI, fossils can be made in a very short span of time; it doesn't even take thousands of years for a fossil to be produced within the ground, when the conditions are correct. Fossils of animals that exist today are not evidence of evolution, or the earth being billions of years old lmao.
Go to the museums that have real fossils, and see them for yourself. I already posted pictures of transitional fossils of the whale. Go see them for yourself, so you can see that they are not all plastic or clay replicas. There are ones of large reptiles with feathers that are in the transitional phase of showing wings like that of the ostrich and other flightless birds.

We also have living fossils aka living transitional species. I showed pictures of the mudskipper, as an example of fish that has evolved to breathe air by having thin skin that can absorb oxygen along with a special area near its gills to supply oxygen. Its fins are evolved to make it walk/skip on land. It is a perfect example of a living transitional species showing something between a fish and amphibian.

Go see these fossils yourself because you clearly haven't and need to see them in person to know for yourself, so go do it. Go see them, and let us know what you think.

Old 10-07-2023, 09:56 AM   #546
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,187 Times in 3,474 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm loving the fact that someone has discovered roaming pairs of planets.. Unsure why they are seen as pairs then they are light years apart...

Last edited by JD001; 10-08-2023 at 03:05 AM.
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
Spuds (10-07-2023)