follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 10-14-2020, 11:25 AM   #29
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Purely informational? Do you ever have a video that does not direct the viewer to the links in the description? And again, why spam it in multiple threads? You need to create this "informational" video and put it in it's own thread and on your build thread. I'm surprised it is only in two places this time. You know what you are doing, no need to be cute about it.
THIS ^
There is little that is "informational" other than regurgitated opinions on a subject that is presented as fact. At least in the couple of videos I did watch. I have to assume it is more of the same noninformation presented this time. Want to throw them in your build thread well cool but spamming them to get views (it is obvious) is not cool.
brandonblt2 (10-15-2020), Irace86.2.0 (10-15-2020), KR-S (10-15-2020), NoHaveMSG (10-14-2020), pope (10-14-2020), soundman98 (10-14-2020), Ultramaroon (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 11:32 AM   #30
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,305 Times in 7,369 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekevinvo View Post
Yes, I've had a decent amount of videos that don't direct viewers towards any links. Why wouldn't I put the video in multiple places where it's relevant to increase viewership? Again, it's pretty simple to just not click on a video if you're not interested.
What 3 or 4 of them?

Being associated with a company, not saying you are associated with a company, putting their links in your videos just comes off as disingenuous to me.

Your DIY's are actually quite good though. Those would have been nice a few years ago. But videos like this are not informative. It comes off more like "here are some products that are cool, buy them from here."
Irace86.2.0 (10-15-2020), KR-S (10-15-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 11:38 AM   #31
thekevinvo

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
What 3 or 4 of them?

Being associated with a company, not saying you are associated with a company, putting their links in your videos just comes off as disingenuous to me.

Your DIY's are actually quite good though. Those would have been nice a few years ago. But videos like this are not informative. It comes off more like "here are some products that are cool, buy them from here."
I would say 6 or so videos, which is a good chunk since I haven't made too many yet.

I didn't say I wasn't associated with a company. I said that I'm making these videos for myself and they are not associated with the company I work for. No one is paying me to make these videos. I don't gain anything from people clinking on the links. I simply put them there because that's where I got my parts.

How can you argue an install video is not informative? That I just don't understand. I know there are still a lot of people picking these cars up looking for detailed install videos that would find them quite useful.

Obviously you've had this chassis for some time now so these videos aren't for you.
thekevinvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:40 AM   #32
thekevinvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
THIS ^
There is little that is "informational" other than regurgitated opinions on a subject that is presented as fact. At least in the couple of videos I did watch. I have to assume it is more of the same noninformation presented this time. Want to throw them in your build thread well cool but spamming them to get views (it is obvious) is not cool.
Would hardly call it spamming. Most I've posted, I believe is in 3 threads including my build thread. I'm sure there's a simple ignore button if you'd rather not see them. Others seem to be watching so I'll continue to make videos.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:42 AM   #33
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
I would say 6 or so videos, which is a good chunk since I haven't made too many yet.

I didn't say I wasn't associated with a company.

Yes, that makes it okay.

Quote:
How can you argue an install video is not informative? That I just don't understand. I know there are still a lot of people picking these cars up looking for detailed install videos that would find them quite useful.

Obviously you've had this chassis for some time now so these videos aren't for you
Where did I say that?
Old 10-14-2020, 11:46 AM   #34
thekevinvo

Quote:
Yes, that makes it okay.

Where did I say that?
So what is it exactly that you have an issue with? Just me "spamming" and linking products?
The Following User Says Thank You to thekevinvo For This Useful Post:
Tanstin (10-16-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 11:57 AM   #35
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
So what is it exactly that you have an issue with? Just me "spamming" and linking products?
I was responding to someone else and you piped in. I don't think there is going to be any common ground between us based on your previous response, so no point in really continuing this.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:03 PM   #36
thekevinvo

Quote:
I was responding to someone else and you piped in. I don't think there is going to be any common ground between us based on your previous response, so no point in really continuing this.
Yes, pretty simple, I chimed in because your comment referred to my post. I'm just trying to understand why it is you seem to have this negative connotation towards me. At least provide some sort of constructive criticism.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:05 PM   #37
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Yes, pretty simple, I chimed in because your comment referred to my post. I'm just trying to understand why it is you seem to have this negative connotation towards me. At least provide some sort of constructive criticism.
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...7&postcount=30
Ultramaroon (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 09:51 PM   #38
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltax90 View Post
Don't listen to these guys Kevin. If they really didnt care they wouldnt feel the need to post. People on here love to shit on everyone else's parade to make themselves feel better.

I actually have some of these guys on mute!

Thanks for always putting out content.
i don't actually care, but sometimes shouting into the void to hear one's own echo is an enjoyment. if it happens to cause an avalanche in the process, that's even better.
NoHaveMSG (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 10:58 PM   #39
beltax90

Drives: 2010 corolla
Thanked 1,798 Times in 780 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
i dont know, forum full of grown men acting like little kids on the playground is so fucking lame.

said my piece, the rest of you can go on defending yourselves, trying to justify being internet trolls. what a fucking waste of time.
beltax90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:44 PM   #40
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,513 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Old 10-15-2020, 01:48 AM   #41
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
I'll echo what everybody else has said: it's not so much your videos I have a problem with (you are quite informative I'll admit that), it's the way you promote yourself in such a blatant and obvious way that just comes off as spammy with such a generic subject that has already been covered multiple times in the past.

To be fair, threads like these are where maybe perhaps a sub-forum for promoting content creators should be made so that there is a dedicated place to put such content and there isn't any need to post on the main forums. That way, those who are interested in such content can go to that sub-forum, while those who don't care can simply ignore the sub-forum altogether. Win-win.

One other thing is to put your Youtube channel link in your signature so you can passively advertise it. Also, just contribute to the forum legitimately, and don't think about getting views/subs. I'm not at all a content creator so you are free to take my word with a grain of salt, but people tend to gravitate towards people who know what they're talking about (and are just generally funny) and if you stick around for a while and help others, you may just get subs that way. You already work for FTSpeed and quite a few people on this forum know who you are - there is no need to promote yourself in this fashion.

I know quite a few people on this forum who I would be subbed to if they had a Youtube channel of their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (10-15-2020), NoHaveMSG (10-15-2020), Tcoat (10-15-2020), thekevinvo (10-16-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 07:20 AM   #42
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltax90 View Post
i dont know, forum full of grown men acting like little kids on the playground is so fucking lame.

said my piece, the rest of you can go on defending yourselves, trying to justify being internet trolls. what a fucking waste of time.
Do you not see the hypocrisy of condemning those that oppose his blatant spamming and shilling for a company in the manner in which you do?
Only your point of view is acceptable?
Sorry we don't all come from the world where everybody gets a participation ribbon.