follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #1
Kravos

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SARD Seat Cover reviews

I've been looking at purchasing the SARD seat covers and been trying to find reviews that were a year plus after installation. So far I've only come across 2 people saying they have had slight tears on the driver seat.

if you have owned them, could you please review them? condition and how long they've been installed

thanks
Kravos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:29 PM   #2
Cartman

Drives: 10 Series Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Mine is torn on the driver side left bolster, but I do get in and out of my car a lot so I'm not surprised about it... I've had the covers for 3+ years.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:09 PM   #3
KnightRyderx2

Drives: 2014 FR-S
I really dont have any info about SARD, but I did have Clazzio seat covers in another car. They were awesome. I bought them used from UpGarage, this was while I lived in Japan.

So soft and easy to take care of. I had them for a couple years before I sold the car. They looked exactly the same as the day I bought them. This was in my daily so they saw alot of use. Just another option to look at.
KnightRyderx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:23 PM   #4
Kravos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRyderx2 View Post
I really dont have any info about SARD, but I did have Clazzio seat covers in another car. They were awesome. I bought them used from UpGarage, this was while I lived in Japan.

So soft and easy to take care of. I had them for a couple years before I sold the car. They looked exactly the same as the day I bought them. This was in my daily so they saw alot of use. Just another option to look at.
Hm, never heard of them. How's the fitment? The reason I was looking at SARD is how tight the fitment is. They don't look like covers. At least from pictures/videos that I've seen.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:37 PM   #5
KnightRyderx2

They perfect fit, very snug. They cover the whole seat and any straps or edges tuck into the sides and under so they are not seen. They look like a OEM seat. There is a few threads on here with them.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:19 PM   #6
Kravos

Those look nice too, although for that price I'd rather spend the extra 50 to get SARD. I'll research them some more, might change my decision.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:46 PM   #7
MuseChaser
Feeling like thinking....

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
I may be one of the two guys you saw post about wear on the seams. If I'm not, count me as number three. My SARD covers are about a year and a half old, with 27,000 miles on them give or take. If I remember, I'll try and snap a pick or two of the wear spot tomorrow and post it for you. I weigh about 155lbs and get in and out of the car pretty carefully. The wear isn't enough to make the seat ugly, especially since I can't see it when I'm sitting in it and it still feels fine, but I still think a $400 product should last longer than one and a half years and 27,000 miles of careful usage before it shows significant wear. No, my dog has never been in the driver's seat.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #8
KnightRyderx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kravos View Post
Those look nice too, although for that price I'd rather spend the extra 50 to get SARD. I'll research them some more, might change my decision.
Just to add, the Clazzio covers I bought them used and they looked perfect when I bought them. The person before me had used them for a couple years probably. I used them for 2+ years and then sold the car with them on there. So when I had them they were at the least 3-4 years old. They still looked near perfect when I sold the car. This was on a daily used 4 door car that all seat saw regular usage from people and dogs. Also, these saw regular beach weather as I lived 5 minutes from the beach at the time.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #9
MurderousPandas

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRyderx2 View Post
Just to add, the Clazzio covers I bought them used and they looked perfect when I bought them. The person before me had used them for a couple years probably. I used them for 2+ years and then sold the car with them on there. So when I had them they were at the least 3-4 years old. They still looked near perfect when I sold the car. This was on a daily used 4 door car that all seat saw regular usage from people and dogs. Also, these saw regular beach weather as I lived 5 minutes from the beach at the time.
But with what kind of seats? Our seats are almost buckets, they can wear more on the sides than a flat seat would, especially entering/exiting and during agressive driving.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
MurderousPandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:29 PM   #10
KnightRyderx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderousPandas View Post
But with what kind of seats? Our seats are almost buckets, they can wear more on the sides than a flat seat would, especially entering/exiting and during agressive driving.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
I get what you saying but with any seat there will be sliding and/or spinning to get in and out. Not to mention these got a dose of salt water and sand when we went to the beach. Some seat covers are just made better than others and in Japan Clazzio is one of the top manufactures of them, that is all they make. If I pay $500 to $600 for seat covers I expect them to last for years without flaws which is what they did.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:56 PM   #11
Kravos

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. Are the seams just stretching or is the fabric actually wearing out?