follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 03-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
aybaperformance

Drives: honda s2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
stock vehicle needed for exhaust development

Thanks for all of your interest and PM's - we have found a vehicle and are moving forward with this

I am in the planning stages of developing a completely new exhaust system for the FRS and will be looking for a donor vehicle.

What I am looking for is a bone stock frs or brz in manual only for the period of 3 days to develop a new exhaust for. A period of Friday morning through Sunday evening.

In exchange, that person will get an installed AEM intake free of charge.

A couple of things to keep in mind - not only will baseline before and after dynos be done - but tuned runs including the intake as well with the intention of offering a proven, completely smog legal package in the near future.

At the end of the test the factory exhaust will be placed back on and the owner can choose to have the ecu re-flashed to stock or left tuned.

The prototype exhaust is to be used to create a jig for production after which I will also offer this to the owner free of charge. Though this will be produced with the same basic parts like an all stainless steel construction and will be of a high quality it will not be production quality piece.

This is going to be a bolt on exhaust with a focus on weight and horsepower. If this goes well I plan to also do a full tilt non bolt on exhaust system after that will require another vehicle. Both will be dual exhausts unless a suitable bumper cap can be found to clean things up - at which point I may also make a single as well.

I am working on the logistics of all of this setup and execution in the middle of relocating to a new home so it will be several weeks still. There will be a number of other products I will either do testing and or development work on in the future and will modify this post accordingly.

If you are interested or have suggestions, leave them below.

Thanks!

Just a reminder for those that have or are wanting to PM me - I need a completely stock car, even stock wheels and tires. In order for me to make this happen on a production scale I will have to build 25 at a time and I need comparable's to stock to make it precise.

Last edited by aybaperformance; 03-25-2013 at 05:04 PM.
aybaperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aybaperformance For This Useful Post:
AE86guy (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
AE86guy

Drives: Scion FR-S + Toyota AE86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
By any chance, will this be a single exit exhaust? I've been in search of a decently priced quality unit. So far the ones I've found are the Greddy RS and Kakimoto GT1.0Z. Thanks!
AE86guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE86guy View Post
By any chance, will this be a single exit exhaust? I've been in search of a decently priced quality unit. So far the ones I've found are the Greddy RS and Kakimoto GT1.0Z. Thanks!
http://ft86speedfactory.com/buddy-cl...haust-595.html
husker741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
that_one_guy

Drives: none
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
PM sent
that_one_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
aybaperformance

Drives: honda s2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE86guy View Post
I've debated this a little bit because it would be so much easier - but I really want to build something that looks like a factory fitment for both keeping a low profile and style reasons. I actually looked into having a bumper cap made but it looked to weird.

Plus to put anything in production I will have to order 25 pieces minimum so it would be tougher to warrant.

FWIW I would feel much more comfortable recommending custom work by either Berk or Fast intentions especially than buying any of the other three listed due to the quality of materials they use.
aybaperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aybaperformance For This Useful Post:
AE86guy (03-23-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
MikesFRS

Drives: it like he stole it!!
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Free tune and aem intake. Hmmmm
MikesFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
IShouldStudy