follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 04-29-2016, 03:12 AM   #1
RJasonKlein

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Options for Obtaining Service Manual

I've seen the sticky post with download links to the factory service manual, but many people have complained about poor organization, missing or broken sections, inaccurate information, and the manual being out of date. What options do I have for obtaining a current service manual and how much does it cost?

I'm just looking for insight as to what other people have done - are there official manuals available and, if so, how expensive are they? Are there better download sites with a newer manual out there, or are there third party manuals like Clymer or Haynes available? Any help would be appreciated!
RJasonKlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:52 AM   #2
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2015 FR-S AT, 2019 CX-5
Thanked 2,057 Times in 1,374 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJasonKlein View Post
I've seen the sticky post with download links to the factory service manual, but many people have complained about poor organization, missing or broken sections, inaccurate information, and the manual being out of date. What options do I have for obtaining a current service manual and how much does it cost?

I'm just looking for insight as to what other people have done - are there official manuals available and, if so, how expensive are they? Are there better download sites with a newer manual out there, or are there third party manuals like Clymer or Haynes available? Any help would be appreciated!

Are you sure you tried this one:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12135

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98523

I've used that for most of my installs as a guide, almost everything for the most part is the same for 2013-2016 cars as for maintenance and repairs so I don't understand where the "inaccuracies" come from. Have you used it for a repair and found an issue?

Also as for it being poorly organized, it's the OEM repair manual the dealers and dealer technicians use thats ripped off techinfo/techstream its going to be difficult regardless to pull it off that site, its a proprietary interface. Its as close to a factory service manual as possible.
OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
RJasonKlein (04-30-2016)
Old 04-30-2016, 03:11 AM   #3
RJasonKlein

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes, that's the sticky thread I was referring to. I understand that it originally was lifted from TIS/Techstream, but several of the posts in the five pages of the thread indicated broken pages and slow loading due to a problem with the way the file was compiled. Another post indicated improper torque values for something that they thought was corrected in later manuals. I'm happy to have this as a resource - I was just trying to find out if anyone knew of any other options for us.
RJasonKlein is offline   Reply With Quote