follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 10-25-2019, 11:55 PM   #1219
Amputechture

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I would highly, highly, implore you to spend the few extra hundred dollars and use ECUTEK as your engine management solution. And believe me, this is coming from someone who is in no way shape or form a "parts /company snob" if you will. The ability for your tuner to create custom maps affords them the ability to properly cut boost/ignition timing in the event that a read value (from a knock sensor/ O2 sensor/oil temp or pressure any input really) exceeds a desired threshold is absolutely priceless and has likely saved my motor countless times for all I know. To my knowledge, this cannot exactly be accomplished in ROMRaider....hence the reason you see basically every single person except for one that tunes these cars commercially/professionally using Ecutek over RomRaider even when it likely cuts into their bottom line with the hefty cost of licensing.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:06 AM   #1220
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Drives: '13 Asphalt FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Is it absolutely necessary to get 700cc injectors for e85? I will be using the delicious tuning flex fuel kit. Just wanting to be in the 300whp range on e85.

Instagram: @angelb_af
FRS_FIEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #1221
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS_FIEND View Post
Is it absolutely necessary to get 700cc injectors for e85? I will be using the delicious tuning flex fuel kit. Just wanting to be in the 300whp range on e85.
Yes, stock injectors can't deliver the volume of fuel required for E85 + boost.
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ATL BRZ For This Useful Post:
FRS_FIEND (11-03-2019), sroby (11-04-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 12:02 AM   #1222
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
Yes, stock injectors can't deliver the volume of fuel required for E85 + boost.
Thanks man, a E85 pump just opened up a near my house so I thought it's be fun to go e85 lol Can the stock fuel pump keep up or should I just upgrade that too?

Old 11-03-2019, 10:00 PM   #1223
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Quote:
Thanks man, a E85 pump just opened up a near my house so I thought it's be fun to go e85 lol Can the stock fuel pump keep up or should I just upgrade that too?
Both the injectors and pump must be upgraded to support E85 with boost. I recommend the Full Blown Walbro 485 kit.
The Following User Says Thank You to ATL BRZ For This Useful Post:
FRS_FIEND (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 06:47 PM   #1224
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Garage
Quote:
Both the injectors and pump must be upgraded to support E85 with boost. I recommend the Full Blown Walbro 485 kit.
Thanks man, that's one I've been looking at. Should be installing my kit next week or the week after.Last few things I need are the injectors pump flex fuel kit slim shroud with spal fans and need a 15+ WRX pcv Valve. About to order most of this sometime today 👍

I will most definitely be asking questions on this thread during my install. Still a bit confused where my coolant lines for my GTX go and my boost controller everything else I've watched and researched a million times over so I'm confident

Old 11-05-2019, 06:37 PM   #1225
retepK

Drives: 2013 Brz Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks man, that's one I've been looking at. Should be installing my kit next week or the week after.Last few things I need are the injectors pump flex fuel kit slim shroud with spal fans and need a 15+ WRX pcv Valve. About to order most of this sometime today 👍

I will most definitely be asking questions on this thread during my install. Still a bit confused where my coolant lines for my GTX go and my boost controller everything else I've watched and researched a million times over so I'm confident
Hey man,
Was in the same situation as you, but this forum and the facebook page are great resources. I even messaged Ian a couple of times to double check everything and he was always there.
retepK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to retepK For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (11-05-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 10:15 AM   #1226
Amputechture

Quote:
If you'd like I can take a video of how I've got my coolant and solenoid lines setup.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:21 AM   #1227
Joveen

Drives: Bone stock
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Do it!! Please and thank you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Joveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:34 PM   #1228
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputechture View Post
If you'd like I can take a video of how I've got my coolant and solenoid lines setup.
Appreciate the help! Did you go to the backside of the block? I saw a video where the dude said it was better from there, instead of the location by the throttle body.

Yes I've read alot of info from the forum and yt videos even though I'm read up on the install I just tripple check my double checks, this car is my baby and want to do everything perfect. I'm hoping to come here to just get quick tips during installing.

Last edited by FRS_FIEND; 11-07-2019 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Also, Meant for retepk sorry at work
Old 11-08-2019, 11:35 AM   #1229
Amputechture

Quote:
Appreciate the help! Did you go to the backside of the block? I saw a video where the dude said it was better from there, instead of the location by the throttle body.

Yes I've read alot of info from the forum and yt videos even though I'm read up on the install I just tripple check my double checks, this car is my baby and want to do everything perfect. I'm hoping to come here to just get quick tips during installing.
No I plumbed into the throttle body. Not sure why it would be better to go from the back of the block....that's just harder to do and harder to diagnose/fix in the event a leak springs. Worth mentioning because this stirs the memory....and maybe could be different on the new V2 kits and be a non-issue for you(I have the original kit) is that the coolant feed fitting on the center housing gets in the way of being able to get an extension to the top right bolt on the manifold flange so I had to unthread it and do it after tightening.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:57 PM   #1230
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputechture View Post
No I plumbed into the throttle body. Not sure why it would be better to go from the back of the block....that's just harder to do and harder to diagnose/fix in the event a leak springs. Worth mentioning because this stirs the memory....and maybe could be different on the new V2 kits and be a non-issue for you(I have the original kit) is that the coolant feed fitting on the center housing gets in the way of being able to get an extension to the top right bolt on the manifold flange so I had to unthread it and do it after tightening.
Well I'll cross that bridge when I get there hahah thanks for the input. I'll probably just put my lines in the standard location I think the guy I watch was tracking alot. I just want to beat a prius on the freeway and canyon run. Lmao

Old 11-08-2019, 02:01 PM   #1231
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Quote:
Well I'll cross that bridge when I get there hahah thanks for the input. I'll probably just put my lines in the standard location I think the guy I watch was tracking alot. I just want to beat a prius on the freeway and canyon run. Lmao
That was my video and my recommended setup, regardless of use case. No point in heating the throttle body with coolant unless you live in the Arctic Circle. Less potential points of leakage and a straight shot to the turbo.
The Following User Says Thank You to ATL BRZ For This Useful Post:
FRS_FIEND (11-09-2019)
Old 11-09-2019, 08:04 PM   #1232
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Garage
Quote:
That was my video and my recommended setup, regardless of use case. No point in heating the throttle body with coolant unless you live in the Arctic Circle. Less potential points of leakage and a straight shot to the turbo.
Nice to meet you haha great videos btw 🤙 yeah I'm definitely not there I'm in socal hahaha. Thanks man I will need to check in with you when I get there , tomorrow I'm doing the dreadful spark plug change and swapping in my sti engine mounts. So close to doing my install, which I need to hurry and do cause I'm pretty sure the wife's tired of all the boxes in the garage lmao