follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 07-03-2017, 05:25 AM   #2045
Akuma147

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostCulture View Post
Hi everyone.
Just bought a dark grey 2017 BRZ Limited last Friday. First nice car I've owned for sure. Coming from a 2010 Elantra...
Definitely easy to say I'm completely in love with this car!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Congrats! I came from a 2012 Elantra,
Akuma147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #2046
cchang26

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello Guys,

I been lurking in here for a while but finally got myself a 2013 BRZ two weeks ago in my Fav color, WRB. My two previous cars was a 97 Impreza and 2003 WRX. Hope to be learning more things about this car on here.
cchang26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:28 PM   #2047
Bmon

Drives: '17 BRZ, Red, Performance Package
New Guy Just Got Back From Lime Rock

Hello. Thank you for the addition. Just retired, bought a 2017 BRZ (Red, Performance Package) for a present. GREAT car! But you guys already know that. I just took the noobie autocross class at Lime Rock Park. Freakin' awesome. Here is a story I wrote about it if you are interested. Thanks again. https://myview-straykat.blogspot.com
Bmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #2048
The Octopus

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
What's going on guys, user recently bought my brand new 17 limited BRZ in DGM. This car has been fun to drive and it's really saving me money on gas. I live in the south bay area of Los Angeles and have already seen a few modded pretty clean BRZ's in the area. Maybe I might see some of you at local meets.
The Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:14 PM   #2049
NoleGirl

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmon View Post
Hello. Thank you for the addition. Just retired, bought a 2017 BRZ (Red, Performance Package) for a present. GREAT car! But you guys already know that. I just took the noobie autocross class at Lime Rock Park. Freakin' awesome. Here is a story I wrote about it if you are interested. Thanks again. https://myview-straykat.blogspot.com

Fun! Thanks for sharing your blog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NoleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:37 PM   #2050
improvius

Drives: 2017 series.yellow BRZ, 2015 X1
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The wife and I just bought a used 2017 series.yellow with 2000 miles on it. The original owner traded it in on a Lotus, and the Lotus dealer gave us a great deal just to move it off his lot! We've been enjoying it all weekend and getting all sorts of compliments from strangers. The tough part is going to be deciding who gets to take it to work. We'll probably do alternate weeks or something, kinda like having joint custody.
improvius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to improvius For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (07-04-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 12:41 AM   #2051
squeege

Drives: BRZ Series.Yellow
New to Subaru (5spMT Accords over 350,000mi), new to BRZ, new to bright colored cars (dark dark green). Having driven this car for the past three weeks, the driver experience continues to surprise me.

Louise

squeege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #2052
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Hey guys and girls, been looking at these forums for maybe just under a year off and on and have been just obsessed with the BRZ/Frs.. And really really want one, and I just may be able to get one finally.

I have been looking at this car since 2012, I still have a Scion brochure from that year for the Frs lol, but obviously since I'm posting here, want the BRZ much more.

If things go well with my current job, this will be my first car that I personally own at 25 and I plan to keep it till the grave! I don't feel like it's a common thing for people here on these forums to want one car for such a long time, but I really feel like this is the perfect car for me, obviously I will need others, but this is 'somewhat' of a first love for me.

I plan to buy it new, hopefully by either the end of August or September and I just can't wait anymore, waited 5 years for this car, went through school, only reason I finished was in hopes of getting a job to afford this car lol(not for my future, who needs one of those when you have a BRZ/FRS/86).

I don't want to make this much longer, I just have no friends who like this car.. Or well cars in general T_T
Jordanwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:29 PM   #2053
Kentoxik

Drives: 13 WRB BRZ
Finally joined the club! Pulled the trigger on a 2013 WRB and can't wait to really enjoy this car. My commute to work and back is already way more fun now. Although I'll miss the MPG and dorkiness of owning a Prius sometimes... I'll forget as soon as I see my blue burrz

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Kentoxik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:01 AM   #2054
13brz86

Drives: 13 brz galaxy blue
Hey everyone. I'm new here. Joined awhile ago. Bf has a 1e brz and I'll eventually get one when I have the money for it. But for the time being we have her named Sydney and I wanna change it for a certain reason. So if anyone has a great name please message me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
13brz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #2055
Haluwasa

Drives: 2017 BRZ Series Yellow
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just picked up my brand new 2017 BRZ Series Yellow.

I've put 350 miles on it since Friday lol. The car is an absolute blast to drive. I look forward to being part of the 86 club

https://ibb.co/dNma7v
Haluwasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:48 PM   #2056
re-animator

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Just got a '13 BRZ. came from the previous owner with 18x8 enkei raijins riding on michelin pss which is very nice. love the grip vs. the other 86s i test drove. also has an excellent lachute catback system. these are basically the ideal mods i had in my head while i was shopping. only downside is the previous owner added an intake which seems to rob some of the very low end torque. replacing with OEM this weekend. so far i am loving this car.

my previous car was a volvo c30 r design (2.5L turbo 5 cyl). Great car with lots of electrical problems. i loved the dynamics of that car, but the BRZ's handling is leagues ahead of it. just so planted and firm, especially with the grippy tires. they are just about the same speed too, though the revvy flat-4 is of a completely different character than the torque-happy turbo 5. still getting used to the lack of torque, but it is fun to rev these engines out.
re-animator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:25 PM   #2057
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Hello. Picked up my 17 yellow Monday last week. Did my first set up mods so far.
STI front, side, rear quarter spoilers.
Velox non aggressive rear diffuser.
Gutted the 2nt cat.
Perrin intake tube, Threw away the cabin noise generator.
Ceramic window tint including windshield.
Smoke side markers. Converted to white LED.
Backup lamps converted to LED.
Interior and door lamps converted to amber LED.
Factory add on sub.

Now time to let the bank account heal. Next will be tires and forced induction.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:16 PM   #2058
Clutch

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited (Silver)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Smile

Hello from NorCal! First time post!

Had my eye on the BR-Z for a loooong time and I'm finally in a position to buy. Currently agonizing between blue or silver. I'm going to wait a month or two to see if there's anything on the 2018 I want (fingers crossed for Android Auto support or a return of the Galaxy Blue).

Loving the forum and want to thank everyone for the trove of information available here!
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote