follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List
Crosscharge, go_a_way1, MisterSheep, poudre

Old 05-18-2017, 12:52 AM   #15611
MachineHead

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMBRzer View Post
I'm not saying you need to glue it because I don't think it weighs enough to do damage but you under estimate the G forces of an accident. Even factory mounted things will come flying out in a substantial impact.

I was broadsided and as if in slow motion I saw all kinds of things flying around,

things like dome lights, cigarette lighters, phone charging cords (previously plugged in) , Altoids, etc......

im sure a flying controller will be the least of my worries in such an event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MachineHead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MachineHead For This Useful Post:
bentleyboii (05-18-2017), BirdTRD (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #15612
bentleyboii

Drives: 2022 GR86
Garage
New Taillights, Black Subaru and Brz Emblems And Shark Fin Antenna
Attached Images

bentleyboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:15 PM   #15613
KiP40

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Is Always Angry View Post
Not today, but got my Ft86speedfactory V1 resonated catback installed. Sounds way better than that sucky track pipe that the last guy had on it...

But, more importantly and actually today, 700 mile road trip to the California coast! Lots of highway 1 and forest road goodness. Gave her a bath after the interstate and thrashed her on the curves. If I'm not in it (which I find every excuse to be), I can't stop looking at it and taking pictures of it!

On a scale 1-10 (1 being dead quiet, 10 being crazy loud), how loud is this exhaust? I am really contemplating biting the bullet on the V1. I have the Perrin Resonated and HKS Hi Power Carbon as the other alternatives I am considering. I daily drive my car and want something fun when I step on it but quiet when I'm cruising.
KiP40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KiP40 For This Useful Post:
Is Always Angry (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 08:35 PM   #15614
Is Always Angry

Drives: Low and Slow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiP40 View Post
On a scale 1-10 (1 being dead quiet, 10 being crazy loud), how loud is this exhaust? I am really contemplating biting the bullet on the V1. I have the Perrin Resonated and HKS Hi Power Carbon as the other alternatives I am considering. I daily drive my car and want something fun when I step on it but quiet when I'm cruising.
Cold start is honestly not much quieter than no muffler at all which is how I bought the car. Maybe a 6-7 on noise level as a % of the track pipe loud.

Freeway is silent unless I downshift a gear or two to pass someone who is annoying me.

Neighborhood driving is basically silent in 3rd and coming up to my apartment complex I don't feel bad about downshifting

WOT is maybe 4-6/10 vs the pipe. Sometimes I miss the track pipe's wide open scream but I do NOT miss the drone. It's much nicer as a daily now. I live on a busy road and have friends with very loud cars so I've never been a big fan of loud cars bugging everyone so I don't regret the decision at all. $1000 well spent.

I can maybe record some videos for you, how helpful I'll be depends on what you've got on it right now. Haven't heard toooo much of the stock car other than them passing me on the roads. If you're currently stock it's definitely louder all around all situations but I'd venture to guess not much louder (it at all) than the TRD with those D shaped pipes... if you've had a chance to hear and compare that one.

What really made me pick it over the Perrin was some of the cool little gurgles it makes if you gently rev it or sometimes between 1-2-3 if you're driving hard. It makes me giggle every time. Later tonight I can link you videos of that which were very useful for me.

I think my only complaints are: when the muffler shop got it mounted on the car but not tightened down each tailpipe was a bit off. You could definitely tell while it was on the stand. Once they tightened everything up both are a little (tiny bit) off to one side but it's so low and fills enough space you can't tell anyway. They also mentioned that the bolts that came were not quite long enough for what they were supposed to do but hell my exhaust hasn't fallen off yet so whatever they did worked.
Also like I said very rarely I miss the noise level.

All in all if you like loud cars this is not for you. I like something a little understated so it was the right purchase for me. Hope I could be of help.... if you have any more questions I'll be around for another week or so before I'm away from internet for 6 weeks.
Is Always Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Is Always Angry For This Useful Post:
KiP40 (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #15615
KiP40

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Is Always Angry View Post
Cold start is honestly not much quieter than no muffler at all which is how I bought the car. Maybe a 6-7 on noise level as a % of the track pipe loud.

Freeway is silent unless I downshift a gear or two to pass someone who is annoying me.

Neighborhood driving is basically silent in 3rd and coming up to my apartment complex I don't feel bad about downshifting

WOT is maybe 4-6/10 vs the pipe. Sometimes I miss the track pipe's wide open scream but I do NOT miss the drone. It's much nicer as a daily now. I live on a busy road and have friends with very loud cars so I've never been a big fan of loud cars bugging everyone so I don't regret the decision at all. $1000 well spent.

I can maybe record some videos for you, how helpful I'll be depends on what you've got on it right now. Haven't heard toooo much of the stock car other than them passing me on the roads. If you're currently stock it's definitely louder all around all situations but I'd venture to guess not much louder (it at all) than the TRD with those D shaped pipes... if you've had a chance to hear and compare that one.

What really made me pick it over the Perrin was some of the cool little gurgles it makes if you gently rev it or sometimes between 1-2-3 if you're driving hard. It makes me giggle every time. Later tonight I can link you videos of that which were very useful for me.

I think my only complaints are: when the muffler shop got it mounted on the car but not tightened down each tailpipe was a bit off. You could definitely tell while it was on the stand. Once they tightened everything up both are a little (tiny bit) off to one side but it's so low and fills enough space you can't tell anyway. They also mentioned that the bolts that came were not quite long enough for what they were supposed to do but hell my exhaust hasn't fallen off yet so whatever they did worked.
Also like I said very rarely I miss the noise level.

All in all if you like loud cars this is not for you. I like something a little understated so it was the right purchase for me. Hope I could be of help.... if you have any more questions I'll be around for another week or so before I'm away from internet for 6 weeks.

Awesome, your input is extremely helpful. I tend to be very calculated when purchasing anything especially something that I will essentially use on a daily basis. As of right now my car is basically stock, the only planned "performance upgrades" down the line are the headers and the cat back exhaust but that is about it.
KiP40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:55 AM   #15616
Is Always Angry

Drives: Low and Slow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiP40 View Post
Awesome, your input is extremely helpful. I tend to be very calculated when purchasing anything especially something that I will essentially use on a daily basis. As of right now my car is basically stock, the only planned "performance upgrades" down the line are the headers and the cat back exhaust but that is about it.
Glad I could help. Maybe look into what happens when you add headers to the exhausts too....Ft86speedfactory has videos on their site of the v1 with and without headers so you can hear them both. My car has stock everything minus the cat back right now so sounds identical to the one they showcase w/o headers. Good luck with your purchase!
Is Always Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Is Always Angry For This Useful Post:
KiP40 (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #15617
brz07

Drives: '17 BRZ
Turned it into a race car
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to brz07 For This Useful Post:
tacos (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 04:09 PM   #15618
JMon85

Drives: 2019 WRX
Cosworth drop-in filter & WeatherTech floor mats.
JMon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:18 PM   #15619
NMBRzer

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Installed strut brace.
Attached Images

NMBRzer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NMBRzer For This Useful Post:
Yoshoobaroo (05-20-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 09:32 AM   #15620
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Installed strut brace.

Sweet! I've been looking at the Hotchkis brace for a while. Does the sticker come off?

Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:21 PM   #15621
shiumai

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ, 2020 C8 Corvette
Thanked 1,893 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Installed an MPH carbon fiber vented hood:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116268

shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shiumai For This Useful Post:
carsebuco (05-21-2017), JD001 (05-20-2017), new2subaru (05-20-2017), OrangeGuitar (05-20-2017), Teseo (05-20-2017), yberther (05-25-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 01:11 PM   #15622
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Installed strut brace.

Sweet! I've been looking at the Hotchkis brace for a while. Does the sticker come off?

Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:24 PM   #15623
norcalpb

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2023 Model 3
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post

Yes a feature of all Hotchkis products is that they shed the sticker over time. Or you can just remove it.
norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to norcalpb For This Useful Post:
Yoshoobaroo (05-20-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 08:36 AM   #15624
NMBRzer

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post

Yes sticker comes off.
I like that it's a well made one piece unit.
NMBRzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
+20 hp, :popcorn:, bragging because we can, brz driving master race, brz whore, damn daniel, dirty frs peasants, fart can, how to waste energy, how to waste money, how to waste time, i like turtles, lazy mods, many tagz, omg pages are fixed…, outlawstar98isanoob, pages are fucked up, pages still fucked, ricers, riflewuzhere