follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Old 05-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #29
jblmr2

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceyfan View Post
Anyone have any advice on insurance...it looks like Lockton will not cover the event and Progressive certainly will not. What do you guys use?
As @Decay107 says, ORP is a very safe track. lots of runoff area if you do go off. If you feel more comfortable, you can buy it off of the MotorsportReg site. Here's the link: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...B42C2D7200FFF3
jblmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:31 PM   #30
paiceyfan

Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayman S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
It's not just my driving and the track, but car-to-car collisions, too. This is my daily driver and I have to ensure that it is covered. Lockton do not list Team Continental as a club that it will insure and state that the event organizer has to contact them and meet their guidelines.

I have an email in to them and will let you know what happens.

Cheers!
Old 05-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #31
jblmr2

Garage
Quote:
It's not just my driving and the track, but car-to-car collisions, too. This is my daily driver and I have to ensure that it is covered. Lockton do not list Team Continental as a club that it will insure and state that the event organizer has to contact them and meet their guidelines.

Cheers!
Car to car collisions are nonexistent. Passing is only allowed in designated areas of the track and only when the driver being passed points the faster car by. It's not racing. The link I gave you will allow you to buy insurance.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #32
Decay107
Turning is for Nerds

Drives: 35 characters is not enough
Thanked 1,259 Times in 717 Posts
Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:

Cheers!
I agree with @jblmr2 here, never seen a car v. car collision, only car v. track. If at any point you are uncomfortable with how close another car is you can slow down and point them by or pull in to the hot pits and give yourself some breathing room.
Decay107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:25 PM   #33
paiceyfan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblmr2 View Post
As @Decay107 says, ORP is a very safe track. lots of runoff area if you do go off. If you feel more comfortable, you can buy it off of the MotorsportReg site. Here's the link: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...B42C2D7200FFF3
This link gives the same response I got...it goes to Motorsportreg, but when I hit the link for insurance, it goes to Lockton and then gives a 404 error.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:31 AM   #34
Lunatic

Drives: 2015 Raven FRS
Thanked 1,056 Times in 488 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
We've been down in Southern CA. all winter. Can't wait to get back on ORP in a few weeks. It won't be this event, I'm still down here and will be at Willow Springs that weekend but if you can, don't miss this event. You won't find better teaching than TC or a more challenging track. And you can't beat Bill's lunch. The lunch is worth the drive in itself. BG
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:40 PM   #35
jblmr2

Garage
Quote:
This link gives the same response I got...it goes to Motorsportreg, but when I hit the link for insurance, it goes to Lockton and then gives a 404 error.
That's odd the time I bought insurance it worked fine and it was a TC event. Sorry but I guess you're on your own as far as that is concerned.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #36
paiceyfan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblmr2 View Post
That's odd the time I bought insurance it worked fine and it was a TC event. Sorry but I guess you're on your own as far as that is concerned.

This is the reply I got. I am working with TC to figure this out:

Steven,

We don’t have an Organizer approved by that name and we have to have both an Approved Organizer and an Approved Track to offer our coverage. If they run under a different name, let me know and I’ll see if we have them approved and can list the event.

Fredric A. Knuth
Assistant Vice President
Account Executive
Lockton Affinity
7300 College Blvd., Suite 500
Overland Park, KS 66210
Phone: 913.652.7529
Fax: 913.652.4529
E-mail: fknuth@locktonaffinity.com

I would like coverage for a single HPDE event at Oregon Raceway Park with Team Continental. Could you see if you could provide coverage for this event, please?

Thank you.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:44 PM   #37
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
This was just posted on the ICSCC forums from TC:

Quote:
ICSCC workers and racers.

TC's May 22,23,24th event needs your help. We are in need of key positions for Corner working, Scales, e-crew, as well as cooking help.

Corner working is compensated at $70/day, with all meals, lodging (rental house in moro Thursday til Monday), beer, and other giveaways.

Drivers, you can offset your entry fee by bringing your own workers. Bring someone to volunteer for you and get the $70/day!

Please contact racechairman@teamcontinental.com to reserve your compensated worker slot.

Thank you
Peter Belfanti
Obviously he's making his appeal to the racers but anyone wanting to volunteer to help TC fill these spots are welcome and needed.

Most folks aren't aware that all the member clubs of the ICSCC (which includes TC) are all 100% entirely volunteer organizations.. All the work that gets done to host these days and race weekends are done by volunteers.

Sometimes they that volunteer base is thin so if you can/want to help out please reach out.
jblmr2 (05-13-2015)
Old 05-14-2015, 12:23 AM   #38
paiceyfan

Garage
Just want to post a quick thank you to Jim and the team at TC for working with me to get TC approved at Lockton Motorsport Insurance. It should be ready by Friday and then it will just be a case of setting up a hotel and we are done. ��
Old 05-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #39
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Just want to post a quick thank you to Jim and the team at TC for working with me to get TC approved at Lockton Motorsport Insurance. It should be ready by Friday and then it will just be a case of setting up a hotel and we are done. ��
Great news!

About that Hotel.. Considering this is also a race weekend, there's lots of demand for hotel space.

You'll want to start calling places immediately. I booked my spot at the Crews house (BnB in Grass Valley) in Feb. But it's still worth a phone call!
http://oregonraceway.com/our-partners/lodging/

The Road House and the Ranch in Grass Valley both are down dirt roads. One of which is down a long, narrow and very potted dirt where my van bottomed out a few times. FYI. Pretty much all the accommodations in the town of Grass Valley are people's houses.

A lot of folks like the accommodations (relative to the area) in Moro. Personally I chuckle everytime I read "Breaking Winds Lodge".
paiceyfan (05-15-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 03:41 PM   #40
paiceyfan

Garage
Took care of it last night!

Will be staying in Bigg's Junction...

Cheers!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:04 AM   #41
jblmr2

Garage
Hey @sittinSideways and @paiceyfan, how did your day go at ORP? Hope you had a great time. Look forward to seeing you out there again.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #42
paiceyfan

Garage
Had a great time...what a great bunch of people. Just did not realize how track capable this car is...much better handling than my previous SI. I was watching some of your runs...you looked quick!
jblmr2 (05-23-2015)