follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 02-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
Sivtec

Drives: 12 Mitsu Evo X, 09 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pit Stop Detailing Scottsdale, AZ

Well I guess I'll start by saying I am not affiliated with Pit Stop in any way and am just simply a customer. Just thought I would share this customer experience with you all.

Well just a brief back story, I hate washing my car here. The water sucks, the roads suck, and the people suck.

I first tried to wash my car at my house and realized that was a no no. The water here is way too harsh as well as the sun. And it seems like its a pretty dumb thing to do, wash your car in the heat with harsh water . Duh. But I am not used to this heat considering I've only been in AZ not even in a year. We will just say I ended up taking the car to a detailer and got it clay bar'd to remove the spots

So next I thought I could take it somewhere. Nope. They ended up still scratching the paint. It was a minor scratch yes but my car is black and it just sucked.

So Then I went to a DIY car wash and ended up having a unfortunate accident where the hose slipped out of my hands and rubbed all over the hood of my car scratching the utter **** out of it.

I then took it to Pit Stop to see what they could do to remove all of the swirls and scratch's. Well it turned out they did an amazing job and you can't even see any of the scratch's on the hood or swirls on the paint. It looks amazing. They also installed my ClearBra as well (3M).

Just wanted to rep these guys if any of you AZians need a place to get your car detailed. They have a mobile service that is just as good and they also do basic car washes for 34 bucks. It seems like a lot but they use Carbon based soap as well as triple filtered water as well as going through an oxidation machine. The guys were cool and they are very good at what they do. They also do ClearBra/Opticoat.
I also want to apologize for not showing the scratch's in the hood beforehand... I was pretty irritated and didn't want to even look at it...

Right after

About an 1 hour after hitting Vivid

Can't see any of the scratches

No Swirls as well

Sivtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
BRZnut

Drives: BRZ DGM Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
looks great! But a black car in all that AZ heat....you're brave!
BRZnut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BRZnut For This Useful Post:
Thomas Dekany (02-18-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
Sivtec

Drives: 12 Mitsu Evo X, 09 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZnut View Post
looks great! But a black car in all that AZ heat....you're brave!
You sir, are correct. Tint was the first thing to do without any questions but after I got that done, it is definitely tolerable. And for me, Id much rather be hot than cold. Driving in the snow blows!
Sivtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
BRZnut

Drives: BRZ DGM Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivtec View Post
You sir, are correct. Tint was the first thing to do without any questions but after I got that done, it is definitely tolerable. And for me, Id much rather be hot than cold. Driving in the snow blows!

Have to agree on that one..snow and ice..ug!
BRZnut is offline   Reply With Quote