follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #1
Josue Cafe FR-S

Drives: 2015 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Coilovers360.com

Has anyone heard of this website? Or purchased coilovers through them? I am in the market for Tein Flex Z's and this website seems to have the best price at $790 with Free Shipping. I just wanted to verify if this website is legit or a scam? Any experience will help. I have included a link to the Flex Z's. Thanks!

https://www.coilovers360.com/product...17-vsq54-c1ss4
Old 04-27-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I would recommend purchasing parts from a company that is an official vendor on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
Cole (04-27-2017), DAEMANO (04-27-2017), Josue Cafe FR-S (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #3
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
A quick search for reviews of the site shows nothing. I mean NOTHING. There is not one single review, comment or sign they even exist beyond their own site. Although this could be nothing in the day of Social Media if you can not find one comment (good or bad) on a website that sells car parts you just have to wonder!
DAEMANO (04-27-2017), Josue Cafe FR-S (04-27-2017), strat61caster (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 04:05 PM   #4
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Whenever you make any purchase, you're also purchasing service from the vendor. So if you're going to go with a vendor that doesn't have much of a presence in the market (via R&D or long time standing or a brick and mortar location) it's likely they've done little testing of what they're selling and also that they're not stocking the parts. So returns/exchanges and general service expertise could also be hit or miss.

In the case of this vendor they're acting as a middleman to arrange drop shipping from distro centers around the U.S. https://www.coilovers360.com/pages/about-us

The advantage might be lower prices by a small percentage. Also service could be great and boutiquey or horrible if they're just looking to make a buck with a website template and the aforementioned bad return/exchange experience.

It's all about what matters most to you.

As @Clipdat mentioned. The board vendors are generally 9/10 service and have loads of knowledge. I've bought a lot of stuff over the years and most of them I've dealt with have been pretty great. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/ad/ad_thesponsors.php?sort=name
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
Cole (04-27-2017), Josue Cafe FR-S (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 04:27 PM   #5
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
I would recommend purchasing parts from a company that is an official vendor on the forum.
I go with the reputable dealer with the best price. That's usually not an "official" forum vendor.

I'll never understand the eagerness with which people let themselves be ripped off.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:31 PM   #6
borjc

Drives: Subaru Brz
I considered purchasing flex z's from coilovers360 last week but went with 86speed instead. I am from CA also and ordering through 86speed was cheaper than coilovers360 because of no tax. I received my coilovers in 2 business days with 86speed's free shipping option.
borjc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to borjc For This Useful Post:
Josue Cafe FR-S (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 04:44 PM   #7
KnightRyderx2

Drives: 2014 FR-S
I would start my search here with a dealer on here before anywhere else. I don't know if I can say who due to rules and such but I do know you can get them from one of the dealers on here for right at that price, shipped. Go to the merchant suspension section and PM a few of the merchants that recently bumped their Tein suspension threads. Don't worry they got you.
KnightRyderx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:06 PM   #8
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by borjc View Post
I considered purchasing flex z's from coilovers360 last week but went with 86speed instead. I am from CA also and ordering through 86speed was cheaper than coilovers360 because of no tax. I received my coilovers in 2 business days with 86speed's free shipping option.
I also purchased my coilovers from 86speed. This was a few years ago now (they were called FTEIGHTYSIX back then). Price was very good as you mentioned. Importantly, one of the best customer service experiences I've ever had. Communication was 10/10. They seem to be consistently great at this.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:05 PM   #9
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Where did I say anything about being ripped off?

FT86SpeedFactory is an official vendor - $920 shipped. That's cheaper than the site that OP was looking at.

^ lol, I can't read.

Anyway, it's not cheaper. Fine. But the $130 difference is basically a price that you're paying for the service in the event that something goes wrong with your order. Suck it up and support a vendor that supports the site you post on. I guess in your world that means being "ripped off".

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
I go with the reputable dealer with the best price. That's usually not an "official" forum vendor.

I'll never understand the eagerness with which people let themselves be ripped off.

Quote:
I'm old and lazy

Last edited by Clipdat; 04-27-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:51 PM   #10
Josue Cafe FR-S

Drives: 2015 Ultramarine FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by borjc View Post
This is the option I found to be best as well. Shortly after posting I was doing more research and clicking past just the "Add to Cart" page I noticed including tax it is indeed more expensive in total than 86speed.

Thank you to all responses as I would feel much safer purchasing from a good reputable company with good customer service than a site that google cant even find any information on.

Now to purchase some coilovers! Currently stuck between Tein Flex Z and Skunk2 Pro-C coils. Hear good things about both but cant seem to justify which to hop on.
DAEMANO (04-27-2017), Tcoat (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 07:51 PM   #11
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,470 Times in 4,993 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
In the case of this vendor they're acting as a middleman to arrange drop shipping from distro centers around the U.S. https://www.coilovers360.com/pages/about-us
Most products these days seem to be drop-shipped, even the most reputable vendors with unique exclusive parts seem to mostly ship out from the factory or distribution center.

But that doesn't diminish the level of excellence some vendors provide, shipping a product out should be the easy part.

To the OP, even if it's $50 or $100 more to buy from someone reputable it really sucks to get screwed over on a $500+ purchase and deal with the hassle of getting your money back.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 07:53 PM   #12
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Suck it up and support a vendor that supports the site you post on.
So if you usually treat your vaginitis with Vagisil, and your favorite show is The Price is Right, does that mean you'll automatically change your brand if Monistat sponsors the show?

Come on, your argument is ridiculous. These are advertisers on a website. They don't support me in any way whatsoever. They sell products to make money, and they just happen to advertise on a website I frequent. I have enough sense to shop around for the best deal, and in my experience the vendors here rarely offer it. If they do, I'll buy from them. If they don't, they don't get my money, because I'm not a sucker.

The idea that you should pay a higher price to support a company just because it posts advertisements where you're likely to see them is just plain silly. It's every bit as stupid as insisting on Monistat because you love Drew Carey.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #13
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josue Cafe FR-S View Post
This is the option I found to be best as well. Shortly after posting I was cant seem to justify which to hop on.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:58 PM   #14
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

They pay a fee to the forum to have "Official FT-86 Club Vendor" listed next to their names. Those fees go to supporting the forum in terms of hosting/bandwidth costs.

That's what I mean by them supporting the site you post on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
These are advertisers on a website. They don't support me in any way whatsoever. They sell products to make money, and they just happen to advertise on a website I frequent.

Quote:
I'm old and lazy