follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-31-2021, 11:53 PM   #15
Swift
I just Drive.

Drives: in the womb still
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had a talk with a very reputable shop about talking with senators about regulations getting out of hand. I believe in climate change etc, so my idea was that you can add headers and a tune and if it passes smog...it passes. woopty doo. If you need full race tunes, they can only be unlocked by passing a gate at an actual race track which I thought the Dodge Demon does.

-92' Acura Legend 5spd coupe twin turbo project
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 03:54 PM   #16
e_lunatic

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
the problem with CA specifically is that the overwhelming amount of state legislators are way over the top with climate change stuff.
It's fair to be reasonable when it comes to exhaust emissions but it's beyond out of control here. They need to back off some things and put way more focus on road safety as well. When I lived in North Carolina they didn't do any emission testing but you had to have your vehicle road safety tested. I see cars every day that are driving 80+ down the highway that aren't road worthy but i guess as long as they pass the sniff test thats good enough for CA....
e_lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:55 PM   #17
RWD fun

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The tank is full of G2P, new air filter and oil, plus I added a short bung to the O2 sensor. I'm sure it will pass the exhaust sniffer, I just need to trick the car into setting the monitors to ready. The good news is that the downstream O2 sensor is almost invisible from the engine bay.
RWD fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:56 PM   #18
RWD fun

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lunatic View Post
the problem with CA specifically is that the overwhelming amount of state legislators are way over the top with climate change stuff.
It's fair to be reasonable when it comes to exhaust emissions but it's beyond out of control here. They need to back off some things and put way more focus on road safety as well. When I lived in North Carolina they didn't do any emission testing but you had to have your vehicle road safety tested. I see cars every day that are driving 80+ down the highway that aren't road worthy but i guess as long as they pass the sniff test thats good enough for CA....
It's funny because other states have road-readiness inspections but belch clouds of smoke. We have the opposite here. Cars that should be driven straight to a scrap yard but somehow pass smog.
RWD fun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWD fun For This Useful Post:
e_lunatic (01-15-2022), Tcoat (02-15-2022)
Old 02-15-2022, 02:03 PM   #19
coolhandluke

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAzure View Post
I just smogged recently and passed just fine after flashing back from an Ecutek tune to the stock base tune

Thank you for sharing quality feedback.
coolhandluke is offline   Reply With Quote