follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 12-09-2021, 11:17 PM   #1
oBradyG

Drives: 2020 Subaru BRZ AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Want to go widebody

So I don’t know much about fitment and all that, but I’m currently on the Sti performance springs and don’t plan on changing them. But I want to get the rocket bunny v1 full kit and was wondering what wheels would go well and have decent fitment on the sti springs
oBradyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 09:01 AM   #2
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,140 Times in 1,986 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
This should help. https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102357

Not going to give you the speech about the downsides of going wide-body, or how pointless it kind of is without the power to show, because you cannot go back once you go down that road. Please don't get Duraflex, unless you really know what you're doing.

May I recommend going Robot Craftsman instead, not many people have it, unlike a V1 /V3, and is pretty stylish too. Just a suggestion.

Again, if you do not know what you're doing, do not get duraflex, or do not install a pricey kit by yourself, find someone with experience.
KMA KiCKz (12-14-2021)
Old 12-14-2021, 12:39 PM   #3
KMA KiCKz
Certified Wumbologist

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1 on not getting Duraflex.

Here is someone who went that route and instantly regretted it:
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144919

The STi springs may hinder you on wheel selections due to fitment. You may want to consider other suspension options for the build/fitment you are looking for.

There are plenty of posts on here that can help with your process, you just need to do some digging yourself.

Highly recommend paying a little more for quality parts. You may save some money going the inexpensive route but the quality of parts will show in the long run.

TRD | Brembo | RAYS
KMA KiCKz is offline   Reply With Quote