follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 04-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #29
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Whenever a cop pulls behind, I'm glad I stayed stock. Whenever I drive by a graveyard and there's visitors I'm also glad.

It really seems like my stock car has gotten a little louder over time. And on occasion, a little rumbly too. I like the stock exhaust setup and think that people who think it sounds weak didn't spend enough time with it.
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to radroach For This Useful Post:
Mr.Impreza (04-08-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 12:47 AM   #30
Ginger Academy

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radroach View Post
Whenever a cop pulls behind, I'm glad I stayed stock. Whenever I drive by a graveyard and there's visitors I'm also glad.

It really seems like my stock car has gotten a little louder over time. And on occasion, a little rumbly too. I like the stock exhaust setup and think that people who think it sounds weak didn't spend enough time with it.
Got pulled over last weekend...Have Invidia n1 catback. He pulled me over and said that I was speeding and I asked how fast he had me going... he just looked at me and said "over 60." Fair enough... the mph in that area is 60. I was probably doing 67-69 like I did for the previous 4 hours on cruise control passing various state cops. He admitted that he did not clock me. Walked back checked my stuff and came back to the car. Gave me a warning and said man that sounds good but it draws a ton of attention to you..... I sorta chuckled and said I'll work on changing the sound.
Ginger Academy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:46 AM   #31
RichardsFRS

Drives: 2013 Pearl White 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
My commute is usually 80+ mphy, freeway speed is 75 so cops aren't gona shrug if you do mid 80s. If you don't you might get ran over. I really have seen no problem with this car stock, for what I bought it for; a daily driver. I can pass when I want to, it zigs thru traffic pretty quickly and its pretty hot looking.

I was gona drop money on a buncha mods but some plans have changed, I'll drive it a few years and go back to high horse power. We'd planned on getting a Vette but like i said plans have changed. We want to focus our attention to buying a fixer upper beach house, so we can rent it out and ultimately retire there. I'll probably step up to a Z, or maybe go back to a GT I dunno, although a Z is more in tune with this car than a GT
Old 04-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #32
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
@"Ginger Academy" All it took for me was to drive by a female cop, then I count my luck that I haven't modded a louder exhaust. Though I still have to think far, far back and try to remember if I had wronged anybody or sinned, and if I had truly been good then I don't have anything to worry about.
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:16 PM   #33
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Drives: 15' LTD Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
when i first bought my car.... i didn't know how to drive stick

Instagram: 86_Maul
ShadowReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShadowReaper For This Useful Post:
ajaxthebetter (04-08-2016), radroach (04-08-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 08:33 PM   #34
Who8myrice

Drives: Ap2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsFRS View Post
My commute is usually 80+ mphy, freeway speed is 75 so cops aren't gona shrug if you do mid 80s. If you don't you might get ran over. I really have seen no problem with this car stock, for what I bought it for; a daily driver. I can pass when I want to, it zigs thru traffic pretty quickly and its pretty hot looking.

I was gona drop money on a buncha mods but some plans have changed, I'll drive it a few years and go back to high horse power. We'd planned on getting a Vette but like i said plans have changed. We want to focus our attention to buying a fixer upper beach house, so we can rent it out and ultimately retire there. I'll probably step up to a Z, or maybe go back to a GT I dunno, although a Z is more in tune with this car than a GT
I had 350z so naturally I was looking at 370z. If you visit their forum, lot of them jumped ship to gt. About same price for higher hp
Who8myrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:01 PM   #35
86 South Africa
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives: White Toyota 86 (Scion FRs)
Garage
I loved my stock 1, but honestly... After a few mods the absolute best thing you can do is headers + tune.
Noise is subjective, but the disappearance of that torque dip makes it so much better every day. It's a smudge faster too, but nothing that'll blow your mind.
Really worth it and I'm glad every day that I finally did that after 3 years of driving it.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:34 PM   #36
covance

Drives: 2015 BRZ series.blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdizzle View Post
straightline = checkers
corners = chess

Love this
covance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:54 AM   #37
Norville Rogers
Banned

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Team voodoo gear knob and that's probably it.

Appreciate the work that goes into modding cars and bikes. I don't have the time, talent or inclination.

If I felt I had to alter it too much I've probably bought the wrong car.
Norville Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:05 AM   #38
Rifle
EX-86 Supercharged God

Drives: '16 Series.HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
When I first bought this car.. Did I think I would have owned two within 7 months? No. But I did. And I supercharged them both.. !
Old 04-10-2016, 06:19 PM   #39
Vincenttam
WtsTofu

Drives: Ultramarine fr-s
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLS2K View Post
If the car only had 40 extra HP...

Im on header, exhaust, air filter and e85 stage 2 oft tune and im still like "If the car only had 40 more hp.) But it does feel great shifting at 4k rpm to 3k rpm. No more dip