follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 09:18 PM   #2633
Crazy Asylum

Drives: 2016 FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone have numbers for this with OFT E85 stage 2? I've searched but have had little luck. I'm about 95% set on getting this after I switch to E85 in the next couple weeks. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:26 PM   #2634
Steve

Drives: 6MT
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Say you wanted to stay with the stock tune, what if you got this catted header AND and o2 spacer? Would that pretty much guarantee no CEL?
Old 11-02-2016, 12:55 PM   #2635
kch
Senior Misanthrope

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue CWP
Thanked 1,168 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Say you wanted to stay with the stock tune, what if you got this catted header AND and o2 spacer? Would that pretty much guarantee no CEL?
There is no guarantee. Anything that changes the stock emissions equipment can throw a code.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #2636
Steve

Drives: 6MT
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
There is no guarantee. Anything that changes the stock emissions equipment can throw a code.
Agreed can never be 100%, but a catted UEL with an o2 spacer ontop would decrease the chance of a emissions code even more, right? Pondering whether to get a o2 spacer along with the catted UEL as I dont plan on getting tuned and it seems some people get codes and some dont.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:54 PM   #2637
kch
Senior Misanthrope

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue CWP
Thanked 1,168 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Agreed can never be 100%, but a catted UEL with an o2 spacer ontop would decrease the chance of a emissions code even more, right? Pondering whether to get a o2 spacer along with the catted UEL as I dont plan on getting tuned and it seems some people get codes and some dont.
Only one way to find out. But why no tune? I'm not a huge fan of OFT, but you can find them for $350 used and that would fix the problem.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:04 PM   #2638
FTemplar

Drives: BRZ Sport-tech 2013
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
189 Pages.... holy cow.

So what's the general consensus, OFT Stage 1 or 2?

Found a thread here where (apparently) Shiv suggested to someone back in 2014 to use Stage 2. I've sent him an e-mail today asking if that information is still accurate.

www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75636

Update : Well, that was fast...!

Yes indeed

Best Regards,
Shiv Pathak
OpenFlash Performance
www.openflashperformance.com

On Dec 16, 2016, at 9:39 AM, Jonathan Gauthier <xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello again Shiv,

OFT is due to arrive today, really excited !

Since I have the FT86 SpeedFactory Catted UEL header, I have been a fair bit of research today on which tune I should be using...

Found a post that dates back to 2014 with your name mentionned :

"I am using 91 Octane Stage 2 UEL OFT flash with the FT86 SF catted UEL headers. Stage 2 UEL was recommended by Shiv"

Is that info still valid today?

Thanks & best regards,
Jonathan

Last edited by FTemplar; 12-16-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:25 AM   #2639
BFIFE22

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I've been running the Stage 2 UEL 91 oct tune since August with my JDL catted header. After rescaling the MAF for the Perrin Intake I have, I get no FLKC and my IAM stays at a solid 1.00. I always use 93 oct fuel but chose the 91 oct tune as a precaution, they are only slightly different above 5K RPM, so you feel the same improvement at the torque dip. I haven't had any issues yet

Just be sure to Log a few runs and make sure you don't have any knock and you're AFR is where it should be. There is a thread in the Software Tuning subforum that tells you what you need to log and what to look for
TofuJoe (12-17-2016)
Old 02-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #2640
HotlavaFRSGT86
Keep ICE alive+manuals

Drives: 2015 Hot Lava 6 spd
Its really to the point that your car is really not your car, the only thing you can truly do anymore is just visual stuff and no engine work, makes me miss my '72 Camaro, i could do anything i wanted to it and never had to worry about emissions or any of the other Bs the Government has come up with over the years. Can't even put a damn aftermarket exhaust component on a vehicle made after the mid to late 70s without the possibility of a CEL or not passing visual checks. Anybody with knowledge knows that the emissions test is total BS and has been a complete failure since its inception, hasn't made the air cleaner, LA and California in general still have disgusting air despite some of the strictest emissions laws in the world. Kinda like how you truly don't own your house because of property tax, don't pay your property tax then we'll just take it off u, "oh u put a header on your FRS? Well guess what u don't pass emissions", don't pass emissions/ inspection and get pulled over by a cop? Well your car gets towed and taken from u.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:58 PM   #2641
HotlavaFRSGT86
Keep ICE alive+manuals

Just Fyi these are the states u wanna move to that don't hassle u at all with BS,
Montana, Wyoming, North and south Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Michigan, Kentucky, South Carolina(which i am hoping to move to in the next year or 2), Florida and Alaska. There area couple other states that have emissions in certain areas and not others, but the above listed are completely free of hassle.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:08 PM   #2642
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotlavaFRSGT86 View Post
Just Fyi these are the states u wanna move to that don't hassle u at all with BS,
Montana, Wyoming, North and south Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Michigan, Kentucky, South Carolina(which i am hoping to move to in the next year or 2), Florida and Alaska. There area couple other states that have emissions in certain areas and not others, but the above listed are completely free of hassle.
And Texas

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 02-19-2017, 04:21 PM   #2643
Irace86
Banned

Drives: BRZ + Ducati M796
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Its really to the point that your car is really not your car, the only thing you can truly do anymore is just visual stuff and no engine work, makes me miss my '72 Camaro, i could do anything i wanted to it and never had to worry about emissions or any of the other Bs the Government has come up with over the years. Can't even put a damn aftermarket exhaust component on a vehicle made after the mid to late 70s without the possibility of a CEL or not passing visual checks. Anybody with knowledge knows that the emissions test is total BS and has been a complete failure since its inception, hasn't made the air cleaner, LA and California in general still have disgusting air despite some of the strictest emissions laws in the world. Kinda like how you truly don't own your house because of property tax, don't pay your property tax then we'll just take it off u, "oh u put a header on your FRS? Well guess what u don't pass emissions", don't pass emissions/ inspection and get pulled over by a cop? Well your car gets towed and taken from u.
Quote:
Fact check: I live in California where emission standards are considered the strictest in the country and a catback exhaust is CARB legal and is not subject to visual scrutiny during emission testing, and many aftermarket components are CARB legal if they get approved including supercharger and turbo kits. Yes, having no cats is illegal, and I'm glad for it.

Your argument that LA hasn't improved its air quality is a non-sequitur and doesn't consider what the air quality would be like if 1960's emission standards existed today.

Moving options: There are plenty of remote counties in California that don't even require emission testing. Yes, it is still illegal to run catless, but it really isn't hard to either. So you do have options if you want to ditch your cats for 15 more decibels of noise that could have been achieved from eliminating your catback resonator, or for that 10hp you will never feel. Better yet, I hear emissions laws are super lax in Beijing. Maybe that is an option, but only if you own a face mask of course or you may get asthma.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irace86 For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (02-21-2017), Thedishdoc (03-04-2019)
Old 02-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #2644
HotlavaFRSGT86
Keep ICE alive+manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
And Texas
Guess i missed one, the site i looked at said Texas has certain areas for emissions, i was listing the states with no emissions at all
Old 02-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #2645
HotlavaFRSGT86
Keep ICE alive+manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86 View Post
Fact check: I live in California where emission standards are considered the strictest in the country and a catback exhaust is CARB legal and is not subject to visual scrutiny during emission testing, and many aftermarket components are CARB legal if they get approved including supercharger and turbo kits. Yes, having no cats is illegal, and I'm glad for it.

Your argument that LA hasn't improved its air quality is a non-sequitur and doesn't consider what the air quality would be like if 1960's emission standards existed today.

Moving options: There are plenty of remote counties in California that don't even require emission testing. Yes, it is still illegal to run catless, but it really isn't hard to either. So you do have options if you want to ditch your cats for 15 more decibels of noise that could have been achieved from eliminating your catback resonator, or for that 10hp you will never feel. Better yet, I hear emissions laws are super lax in Beijing. Maybe that is an option, but only if you own a face mask of course or you may get asthma.
I'm going by many guys on here that live in Cali getting harassed by coos and when it comes time for inspection. Yes u guys still have heavy smog in areas of CA, has it improved from the 60s? Yes i'm sure it has, i was stating actuality in my post, wasn't looking for an argument, the emissions test is dumb because for it to REALLY work the whole country and the whole world has to be on board with it. China and the other big manufacturers in the far east are a major contributor to smog and they do very little to control it unlike we have, what u don't think that air makes it here to the US?
Old 03-25-2017, 07:48 AM   #2646
pepe

Drives: gt86
Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
but, speed factory say yes, not cel!

Closed Thread

Tags
catted uel header, ft86speedfactory header, is my order ready yet?