follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Discussion of engine swaps.

User Tag List

Old 06-15-2020, 04:15 AM   #1
Shahano

Drives: LS3 Dry Sump BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BRZ LS Swap ECU

I've been running my BRZ with an LS3 swap for almost a year using the Hydra EMS system. It seemed to, along with the motec to be the only fully compatible system with ABS/Traction/ electric power steering etc.
I have had a problem with the Hydra and have been looking for alternative ECU solutions in case I decide not to continue with the Hydra. I contacted PURE for a Motec system and unfortunately they no longer produce it.
I am looking for other systems but with no luck. I have seen the previous posts and it seems that the MRS nor the PURE system are no longer available.

Could anyone recommend what system to use?
Shahano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 04:25 AM   #2
Shahano

If anyone has a pure automotive Motec system with all the cables and is looking to sell it, I would be interested in purchasing.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:36 AM   #3
DeathToocher

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
BRZ LS Swap ECU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahano View Post
I've been running my BRZ with an LS3 swap for almost a year using the Hydra EMS system. It seemed to, along with the motec to be the only fully compatible system with ABS/Traction/ electric power steering etc.
I have had a problem with the Hydra and have been looking for alternative ECU solutions in case I decide not to continue with the Hydra. I contacted PURE for a Motec system and unfortunately they no longer produce it.
I am looking for other systems but with no luck. I have seen the previous posts and it seems that the MRS nor the PURE system are no longer available.

I know Haltec has an ECU that supports the GT86 CAN system, idk about the processing power compared to Motec (doesn’t really matter unless you’re running a full on race car in my opinion) but Haltec is a good company with an even better reputation from everything I’ve heard. The prices on the Haltec systems are a lot easier on the bank than Motec, so there’s another reason to go Haltec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DeathToocher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 05:38 AM   #4
DeathToocher

Quote:

Sikky also provides engine harnesses and tuning specifically for the LS engine in the GT86 using the stock ECU. From my personal experience in planning my own swap, they run about 1200-1500.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:23 AM   #5
GrabTheWheel

Drives: 16' BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Are you sure? Did you talk to Brady? Pure still has it on their website and it’s listed as in stock. Hard for me to believe he wouldn’t sell you one.
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 03:20 AM   #6
Shahano

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToocher View Post
I know Haltec has an ECU that supports the GT86 CAN system, idk about the processing power compared to Motec (doesn’t really matter unless you’re running a full on race car in my opinion) but Haltec is a good company with an even better reputation from everything I’ve heard. The prices on the Haltec systems are a lot easier on the bank than Motec, so there’s another reason to go Haltec.

Do you have a contact that I can get in touch with. Haltech could be a good option, need to make sure they can provide the whole harness along with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabTheWheel View Post
Are you sure? Did you talk to Brady? Pure still has it on their website and it’s listed as in stock. Hard for me to believe he wouldn’t sell you one.
Yes unfortunately, been speaking to Bradey for the past few weeks and due to a few bad customers, Motec asked them to sell only if Pure installs it for them.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:28 AM   #7
DeathToocher

Quote:
Do you have a contact that I can get in touch with. Haltech could be a good option, need to make sure they can provide the whole harness along with it.

Yes unfortunately, been speaking to Bradey for the past few weeks and due to a few bad customers, Motec asked them to sell only if Pure installs it for them.

I do not have a contact within Haltech, but from what see they do provide custom wiring harnesses. I would recommend going with the Sikky harness for an LS swap, they have a CANbus integration built into the harness so you can run a stock ECU I’ll drop a link real quick. https://www.sikky.com/product/gm-ls3...or-frs-brz-86/

Old 06-16-2020, 09:15 AM   #8
Shahano

Quote:
I do not have a contact within Haltech, but from what see they do provide custom wiring harnesses. I would recommend going with the Sikky harness for an LS swap, they have a CANbus integration built into the harness so you can run a stock ECU I’ll drop a link real quick. https://www.sikky.com/product/gm-ls3...or-frs-brz-86/

Thanks a lot will have a look at it, there is a large dropdown, need to have a call with one of the guys there to understand further.
Old 06-16-2020, 05:50 PM   #9
ft86xtc

Drives: 2013 FRS
Not sure if this is what your looking for but maybe it could help.https://www.wiringspecialties.com/fr...iring-harness/
ft86xtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:09 PM   #10
spitsnaugle

Drives: LS Swapped Scion FRS = 440HP
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Sikky also provides engine harnesses and tuning specifically for the LS engine
Skip Sikky- just go to WiringSpecialities direct. Sikky is just reselling their harnesses.
spitsnaugle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spitsnaugle For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (05-09-2021)
Old 06-18-2020, 07:58 AM   #11
DeathToocher

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitsnaugle View Post
Skip Sikky- just go to WiringSpecialities direct. Sikky is just reselling their harnesses.

Does wiringspecialties direct include the CANbus module and everything?

Old 06-18-2020, 02:41 PM   #12
spitsnaugle

Drives: LS Swapped Scion FRS = 440HP
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Does wiringspecialties direct include the CANbus module and everything?
Yes.

Reach out to them and tell them I sent you.

sales@wiringspecialties.com

My FR-S was a booth car for them at LS fest east where I won 2019 best engineered car.
spitsnaugle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spitsnaugle For This Useful Post:
B T (02-14-2023), GrabTheWheel (06-19-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 10:29 PM   #13
DeathToocher

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitsnaugle View Post
Yes.

Reach out to them and tell them I sent you.

sales@wiringspecialties.com

My FR-S was a booth car for them at LS fest east where I won 2019 best engineered car.

Oh damn, congrats on that! I’ll have to check them out for my swap then.

Old 05-05-2021, 11:43 AM   #14
Swolzee

Drives: Honda Insight
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
So would an ecutek work on this setup if you were using the wiring specialties harness?
Swolzee is offline   Reply With Quote