follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 04-10-2020, 10:07 AM   #15
rt
@rayhere

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltywetman View Post
oh i've used those services for audio stuff and it really eliminate any savings you'd get vs getting something that ships to your door like japanparts and blackhawkjapan. That and they usually don't give you a definitive quote until the package arrives at their depot making it a gamble not knowing the shipping charges upon time of purchase. Not to mention any form of warranty or problems with defective items would be much more tricky to resolve with a company that does not ship overseas vs one that does
You're right in that shipping is unknown until the item arrives at the proxy so there's a bit of risk with that and defective items. Savings depends on what you buy and where you buy from.

From Japan had a weekly deal where you saved 10% off purchases from Rakuten Japan so I saved $900 on 17x9.5 TE37 Sagas (around $2700 landed) and a friend saved $1000 on 18x9 Advan GTs. It's definitely worth it when it comes to high end wheels but they recently reduced the discount to 5% unfortunately.

For smaller items, I usually ask if others are looking for anything so we can split shipping to make it more tolerable. Luckily my circle of friends is all into high end JDM parts so we have shipments constantly going. Also, when you spend more than ¥400K (around $5K) in the last year on a rolling basis, you save 10% off shipping. For this reason, we only use my account to import parts and have spent tens of thousands over the last few years.

Overall, we've had very pleasant experiences and there was only one shipment where a set of wheels got a bit scuffed up from transport but most of it buffed out.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:17 AM   #16
saltywetman

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT 6M
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For situations like this I wished I lived in Ontario where there's more people doing this sorta thing. Otherwise AB is nice in that we don't have PST and gas is cheap lol.

wanted to order in a zenki front bumper but turns out the color code for the red for zenki's are different than the ablaze :\. As much as i like the looks of the zenki front vs the refresh, can't justify paying that much (or even getting a scion frs front bumper) and still have to repaint. Will spend money on manifold + tune first
saltywetman is offline   Reply With Quote