follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Old 01-22-2021, 01:18 PM   #1
Ducati.Femme

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited - Pearl White
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
JDM Yellow Foglights?? (BRZ)

Hi All,

I have searched everywhere and can only find mods for the first gen. Owning a 2017, means the mounting hardware is different than what is out there.

Anybody have any leads for yellow fogs for 2017 and newer body style?
Ducati.Femme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:38 PM   #2
BigTuna

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati.Femme View Post
Hi All,

I have searched everywhere and can only find mods for the first gen. Owning a 2017, means the mounting hardware is different than what is out there.

Unsure about actual JDM fog lights, but most people just put a Lamin-X film over their stock ones.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:52 PM   #3
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi All,

Do you have a part number for this "JDM" yellow foglight? Or any proof of it being an OEM/JDM part?

I'm assuming not. I've done some basic research and nothing like that exists for the kouki models (2017+) so like BigTuna said, you'll likely need to use Lamin-X unless you have soldering/wiring skills to replace the LED's with yellow ones yourself.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 05:17 PM   #4
Ducati.Femme

Sorry.. I guess I meant to say to get the 'look' of old JDM (or hell any new Toyota 4Runner. Face palm). I had JDMs shipped from Japan for my MR2, and I want that look on the BRZ But I can't see, to find anything anywhere.

Our foglights are sealed units, so I can't even replace a bulb if I could find one compatible. And I'm not putting yellow film over our blue tinted LEDs, since it changes the output color to green. I want these to be functional, not just look pretty with the light off.

Just bummed nothing out there in the aftermarket world exists.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:40 AM   #5
HaXx

Drives: jrsc_brz
Quote:
Hi All,

I have been running amber baja designs squadron sport fogs on the '13 for over a year now, but them used on this very forum. One on my favorite mods. If they failed I would but a brand new replacement that very day, that's how much I like them. You can look into the package with the rally innovations bracket. I know many are using the diode dynamics ss3 which is a knock off of baja designs products.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:48 AM   #6
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaXx View Post
I have been running amber baja designs squadron sport fogs on the '13 for over a year now, but them used on this very forum. One on my favorite mods. If they failed I would but a brand new replacement that very day, that's how much I like them. You can look into the package with the rally innovations bracket. I know many are using the diode dynamics ss3 which is a knock off of baja designs products.
I think the problem with this approach is it may not work in the 2017+'s anymore, it'd probably require changing how the fogs are wired entirely since the newer model year's have a whole permanent housing now.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 10:20 AM   #7
HaXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
I think the problem with this approach is it may not work in the 2017+'s anymore, it'd probably require changing how the fogs are wired entirely since the newer model year's have a whole permanent housing now.
you are right, the 17+ fogs are use a three bolt mount and are different from the 13 fogs

ducati femme, im not sure whats on your car right now, i would start by getting a the bezels which are 25$, and then some fogs, which seem to be $145 for a nice set https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2017-Su...Cclp%3A2334524, then my recommendation would be to paint the clear fog lenses to a high intensity yellow as they do in this video @5:00 with amazing results

Old 01-23-2021, 10:27 AM   #8
HaXx

better yet, just get this winjet bezel/fog light package for $140 and paint the lens high intensity yellow with that krylon stuff before you put them in

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Subaru-...Cclp%3A2334524
Old 01-25-2021, 10:56 AM   #9
Ducati.Femme

Correct, I actually had just tried getting the SS3's, and that is when I found out that the 2017+ have a the sided mount, where as teh 2013 to 2016 have the older 4 holed mount. Hence my frustration in trying to get something to fit.

So there's no need for me to get the Winjet knock off, since my Subie already has the OEM LED foglights. Was just hoping to find a plug n play option that would allow me to have true yellow fogs.