follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 11-06-2015, 11:49 AM   #15
bucko3the7man

Drives: STX FRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok better question, who's the girl in the picture?
bucko3the7man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:50 AM   #16
thatfrskid

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S in Asphalt Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko3the7man View Post
Ok better question, who's the girl in the picture?
Elise Pipsqueak.

https://www.facebook.com/ModelPipsqueak/?fref=ts
thatfrskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:38 PM   #17
bucko3the7man

Alright buddy, sit down and strap in. You're building a show car, not a race car.

You obviously aren't serious about time attack or being competitive in autocross with this car based on your planned mods and that dining room table you have on the trunk of the car. For one thing, having a competitive car for either of those things is mutually exclusive unless you're spending shit tons of money (talking 80 grand here).

-Widebody kit + carbon hood+ bulletproof carbon fiber rear seat are show things, not race things. Rear diffuser could someday be functional but they don't do much to cars that aren't fully built purpose racecars.
-Cusco bolt in roll cage? Won't pass any safety inspection at any respectable club, likely to kill you in a crash. If you seriously wanted a roll cage for safety and not show then you'd be talking about gutting the interior and having a respected cage builder put one in the car for you, welding everywhere NOT bolting it in.
-R888 are great tires, but not competitive tires for the classes that they're approved to be in both in autocross and time attack.
-why the fuck do you need your oil cap to lock? are you worried about someone stealing it? You probably just want one extra step to change your oil.
-Your motor build is all well and good for the turbo, but a lot of it makes it ineligible for the classes that you'd be in.
-aftermarket strut tower braces do exactly nothing for these cars, it's been tested.
-Running wheel spacers to convert to a different bolt pattern? why?
-You don't have sway bars listed at all on here, those do way more than some engine bay weight addition/bling.
-4 point seat belts? Completely unsafe in a crash. Not only will they compress your spine because they're mounted below where they should be to be safe, but they'll also allow you to submarine in the seat during a crash. Actual racing seat belts have a 5th or 6th strap that goes between your crotch to prevent that from happening.

TL;DR - you're building a show car, not a race car. You would be much better off spending a fraction of this money on bringing your car out in stock form to an autocross and learning how to drive it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bucko3the7man For This Useful Post:
8R6 (11-06-2015), AG3NT_5CARFAC3 (11-06-2015), Cole (11-06-2015), e1_griego (11-06-2015), Sarlacc (11-06-2015)
Old 11-06-2015, 12:53 PM   #18
thatfrskid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko3the7man View Post
Alright buddy, sit down and strap in. You're building a show car, not a race car.

You obviously aren't serious about time attack or being competitive in autocross with this car based on your planned mods and that dining room table you have on the trunk of the car. For one thing, having a competitive car for either of those things is mutually exclusive unless you're spending shit tons of money (talking 80 grand here).

-Widebody kit + carbon hood+ bulletproof carbon fiber rear seat are show things, not race things. Rear diffuser could someday be functional but they don't do much to cars that aren't fully built purpose racecars.
-Cusco bolt in roll cage? Won't pass any safety inspection at any respectable club, likely to kill you in a crash. If you seriously wanted a roll cage for safety and not show then you'd be talking about gutting the interior and having a respected cage builder put one in the car for you, welding everywhere NOT bolting it in.
-R888 are great tires, but not competitive tires for the classes that they're approved to be in both in autocross and time attack.
-why the fuck do you need your oil cap to lock? are you worried about someone stealing it? You probably just want one extra step to change your oil.
-Your motor build is all well and good for the turbo, but a lot of it makes it ineligible for the classes that you'd be in.
-aftermarket strut tower braces do exactly nothing for these cars, it's been tested.
-Running wheel spacers to convert to a different bolt pattern? why?
-You don't have sway bars listed at all on here, those do way more than some engine bay weight addition/bling.
-4 point seat belts? Completely unsafe in a crash. Not only will they compress your spine because they're mounted below where they should be to be safe, but they'll also allow you to submarine in the seat during a crash. Actual racing seat belts have a 5th or 6th strap that goes between your crotch to prevent that from happening.

TL;DR - you're building a show car, not a race car. You would be much better off spending a fraction of this money on bringing your car out in stock form to an autocross and learning how to drive it.
I implore you to do some research on Bulletproof's Concept One FR-S. Seriously, look into the mods, and their arguments for them. You don't have a world class company build a car and then run it in AutoX, Track Events, and rallies and show it and be a daily driver for nothing. As for the Cusco Bolt in cage, I think I said somewhere that my plan and that mod list is constantly changing. I can't update everything at the speed I think, react, and act. So, yes, it is a little outdated. I'm in the process of trying to get everything together and despite my best efforts I still get pulled three directions at once from different places as they get replies back to me.

80 Grand you say? That's about where I'm thinking this will all land. Worth it in my opinion.

Yes, I understand the risks of a 4 point system. Also stated above. NEXT.

Locking oilcap is for those times I want to show with the hood open. I've seriously had someone try to walk away with my OEM shifter. Luckily I was there and saw them unthreading it.

Wheel spacers for the change in bolt pattern will be for the widebody, as well as the wheels themselves. Last I checked, I can't get a set of G25s or Gramlights in a 5x100.

I like that dining table. All I need a a tablecloth and I can serve lunch on it. /multipurpose

In all honesty dude, if you don't like what I'm doing don't come to this thread. Simple as that. I'm using this as a place to share my build, how it goes, my installs that I do, reviews and progress on the car (since I don't have a digital place to put it all and I use an actual binder) I appreciate you showing up though.

/endreply
Old 11-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #19
Model Citizen
Lacking brains

Drives: frz
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Id strongly suggest some seat time before anything else.

That asshole ginger is right.

Plus when a shop car breaks fancy fenders racing thats a budgeted write off.

When you break fancy things its called ramens for 6 months.

That and just becaise the bulletproof car does everything doesnt mean it is good at everything.
Model Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Model Citizen For This Useful Post:
8R6 (11-06-2015), AG3NT_5CARFAC3 (11-07-2015)
Old 11-06-2015, 02:48 PM   #20
bucko3the7man

You know what that bulletproof car is? A marketing tool. That is a car built to sell things. Looks like it's doing that job very well.

If you talk to anyone who does actual time attack though, they go out there with the mindset that if they put that thing into a wall they can just walk away from it. Do you think you could do that with your car once it's done? Can you throw 110 grand down the toilet?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bucko3the7man For This Useful Post:
AG3NT_5CARFAC3 (11-07-2015), Cole (11-06-2015), Model Citizen (11-06-2015), xxBrun0xx (11-10-2015)
Old 11-06-2015, 04:55 PM   #21
irax

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ WRB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatfrskid View Post
She's grey. Red accents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatfrskid
Lady in red

Last edited by irax; 11-06-2015 at 06:18 PM.
irax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #22
Sarlacc
/dev/null

Drives: Uphill
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,420 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatfrskid View Post
In all honesty dude, if you don't like what I'm doing don't come to this thread.
Ah, so you're trying to jump start your fan club?
Good luck with that, and the car.

Sarlacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:48 PM   #23
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
are you somewhere between 16-18yrs old? cuz i was EXACTLY like that when i was that age with my first car hahah. i had a fucking long ass laundry list of shit i wanted to do to my show and race car and daily driver to school to pimp all the girls. more than half the shit never happened... partly because it wasnt even logical to do in the first place lol
Old 11-06-2015, 05:48 PM   #24
Zed

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited GBS
Gentlemen, many of you today will be facing this trial:

do not dissapoint @Tcoat.
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zed For This Useful Post:
AG3NT_5CARFAC3 (11-07-2015), Model Citizen (11-06-2015)
Old 11-06-2015, 05:51 PM   #25
e1_griego

Drives: Many
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
If everyone is a ****, then he gets to sell the car because the "community sucked and wasn't supportive" and move onto another "project" (very loose airquotes there).
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #26
thatfrskid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8R6 View Post
are you somewhere between 16-18yrs old? cuz i was EXACTLY like that when i was that age with my first car hahah. i had a fucking long ass laundry list of shit i wanted to do to my show and race car and daily driver to school to pimp all the girls. more than half the shit never happened... partly because it wasnt even logical to do in the first place lol
I'm 23. And this is my first car. Aaaaaand I put this mod list together and we'll see how it goes. I'm not worried about impressing girls or anything like that. I'm sharing this because I want to and can, and so others can see what I'm doing with it.

Like I said. Take it as you will.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:53 PM   #27
e1_griego

Drives: Many
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Pump the metaphorical brakes.

Sign up for some autox or hpde and then start modding the car when the parts become the limiting factor to you going faster. Ride with other people and have experienced drivers ride with you.

Driver mod is the best mod you can do.

And building just for the sake of throwing money at a car is all well and good, but if you build with purpose you'll be more satisfied with the result and spend less money to boot.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to e1_griego For This Useful Post:
AG3NT_5CARFAC3 (11-07-2015), Cole (11-06-2015), Model Citizen (11-06-2015)
Old 11-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #28
Toyarzee
Shibby!

Drives: '14 White FR-S, '01 turbo mini taco
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
A super dee duper build
Toyarzee is offline   Reply With Quote