follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2018, 01:10 AM   #1
Benji
Member
 
Benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: BRZ
Location: The moon
Posts: 68
Thanks: 42
Thanked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2015/16 Premium Trunk

Hello all, a couple of questions for you! As I understand the the 2016 Premium didn't have any spoiler correct? If not perhaps you have to go to the 2015?

Next question, is the 2015/16 trunk a direct swap out for the 2017 and is the metallic grey the same colour between years (assuming they come painted).... Figured it was easier to just buy a brand new trunk than go through the hassle of filling the holes and having to repaint anyway.
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:32 AM   #2
Vital
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Texas
Posts: 693
Thanks: 213
Thanked 336 Times in 254 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
Hello all, a couple of questions for you! As I understand the the 2016 Premium didn't have any spoiler correct? If not perhaps you have to go to the 2015?

Next question, is the 2015/16 trunk a direct swap out for the 2017 and is the metallic grey the same colour between years (assuming they come painted).... Figured it was easier to just buy a brand new trunk than go through the hassle of filling the holes and having to repaint anyway.
None of the BRZ Premium models came with spoilers only Limited comes with spoilers. Yes, the trunks should be a direct swap from a 2017 model. Also, the colors are the same grey as well. One thing to note is i believe your key may not work with the 2017 trunk though they different assemblies.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:02 PM   #3
Benji
Member
 
Benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: BRZ
Location: The moon
Posts: 68
Thanks: 42
Thanked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
None of the BRZ Premium models came with spoilers only Limited comes with spoilers. Yes, the trunks should be a direct swap from a 2017 model. Also, the colors are the same grey as well. One thing to note is i believe your key may not work with the 2017 trunk though they different assemblies.
Really? It looks like the 2017 Premium has the same spoiler as my 2017 Limited.....
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:48 AM   #4
Vital
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Texas
Posts: 693
Thanks: 213
Thanked 336 Times in 254 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
Really? It looks like the 2017 Premium has the same spoiler as my 2017 Limited.....
I wasnt sure if the 2017 Premiums came with spoilers i guess they do. 2013-2016 BRZ Premium did not come with spoilers. Im not exactly sure what model you have so im not sure if you trying to swap to a 2017 trunk or you have a 2017 model and trying to swap to a 2013-2016 trunk.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vital For This Useful Post:
Jordanwolf (02-13-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 06:30 AM   #5
Benji
Member
 
Benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: BRZ
Location: The moon
Posts: 68
Thanks: 42
Thanked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
I wasnt sure if the 2017 Premiums came with spoilers i guess they do. 2013-2016 BRZ Premium did not come with spoilers. Im not exactly sure what model you have so im not sure if you trying to swap to a 2017 trunk or you have a 2017 model and trying to swap to a 2013-2016 trunk.
My bad, I phrased it poorly. I have a 2017 Limited and wanted to get a trunk without any holes, looks like I'll have to get a 2016 Premium trunk, so long as the shape for the lights is identical.

Do they come painted or do you have to get them painted?
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:04 AM   #6
Tcoat
Senior Member
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,845
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
My bad, I phrased it poorly. I have a 2017 Limited and wanted to get a trunk without any holes, looks like I'll have to get a 2016 Premium trunk, so long as the shape for the lights is identical.

Do they come painted or do you have to get them painted?
The lights are the same shape. You can buy them painted and it will be close but not necessarily bang on. If you have to have one painted it is best to have it done on the car so they can blend. Another option you would have is to get one from an auto wreckers. Again the colour may be slightly off.
No matter what you get you will have to swap out all the lock electronics and the key cylinder from yours. Not a big deal though.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Benji (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 08:54 AM   #7
Vital
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Texas
Posts: 693
Thanks: 213
Thanked 336 Times in 254 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yea basically what Tcoat said. Another option is maybe you can find someone to trade trunks with you.

@Tcoat arent the old and new grey the same? they have the same color code.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vital For This Useful Post:
Benji (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 09:35 AM   #8
Tcoat
Senior Member
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,845
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
Yea basically what Tcoat said. Another option is maybe you can find someone to trade trunks with you.

@Tcoat arent the old and new grey the same? they have the same color code.
If they have the same colour code you are good to go. They have changed the codes at various times though so you need to be very careful with model years.





The safest bet is to check the data plate for the paint code and get the same.


__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Vital (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 09:52 AM   #9
Vital
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Texas
Posts: 693
Thanks: 213
Thanked 336 Times in 254 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
True, i thought he was talking about the Grey 61K, unless hes talking about the different silvers. This guy isnt very clear lol
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vital For This Useful Post:
Benji (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #10
Tcoat
Senior Member
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,845
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
True, i thought he was talking about the Grey 61K, unless hes talking about the different silvers. This guy isnt very clear lol
Well he has a 17 so it will be Ice Silver Metallic which doesn't appear to have changed. A lid from a 15 up would be the same (other than fading of course).
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Benji (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 05:13 PM   #11
Benji
Member
 
Benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: BRZ
Location: The moon
Posts: 68
Thanks: 42
Thanked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
True, i thought he was talking about the Grey 61K, unless hes talking about the different silvers. This guy isnt very clear lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Well he has a 17 so it will be Ice Silver Metallic which doesn't appear to have changed. A lid from a 15 up would be the same (other than fading of course).
61k I believe! Dark Metallic Grey. Since it's only a couple of months old (although I'll have to check the build date) I'm hoping I can just get it already painted and still be the same, unfortunately I've never had a good experience with body shops painting, OEM paint is hands down > everyone else.

I'll order a 16 Premium trunk and see how it goes, if everything is okay then I guess I'll have a 17 Limited trunk (with spoiler) for sale.
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 07:56 PM   #12
Benji
Member
 
Benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: BRZ
Location: The moon
Posts: 68
Thanks: 42
Thanked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So the question is now.... what is the difference between these parts....

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_20...10-562-03.html

Leads to these three different part numbers:

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_20...09CA0209P.html

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_20...09CA0909P.html

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_20...09CA1709P.html
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:00 AM   #13
Benji
Member
 
Benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: BRZ
Location: The moon
Posts: 68
Thanks: 42
Thanked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
Weird, the third one is now saying it's an invalid fit, so does anyone here (anyone work in a Subaru dealership?) know what the difference between these two part numbers is? Looking to order a trunk ASAP:

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_20...09CA0209P.html

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_20...09CA0909P.html
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:34 AM   #14
Vital
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ
Location: Texas
Posts: 693
Thanks: 213
Thanked 336 Times in 254 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
Weird, the third one is now saying it's an invalid fit, so does anyone here (anyone work in a Subaru dealership?) know what the difference between these two part numbers is? Looking to order a trunk ASAP:

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_20...09CA0209P.html

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_20...09CA0909P.html
@Veloist & @trippinbillies40 should be able to help you with this.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vital For This Useful Post:
Benji (02-26-2018)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 BeSpoke Premium vs. 2014 BeSpoke Premium M12Power Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment 0 12-10-2014 12:28 AM
Trade brz WRB premium trunk for limited trunk MANOLOBONIC Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 14 09-03-2014 06:49 AM
WTT: Red Limited trunk for Red Premium trunk AFRichZC6 Northern California 1 01-31-2014 10:55 AM
WTB: WRB BRZ PREMIUM TRUNK lavisxice Exterior Parts (Aero, Lighting, Etc.) 0 12-29-2013 06:27 AM
WTB - FRS or Premium BRZ Trunk Lid harkbrz Canada Classifieds 0 11-30-2013 02:43 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.